PDA

View Full Version : help me build my blaster??

IRISH-RACER-14
04-11-2009, 04:54 PM
ok i got a blaster. new stock piston in it and already have slip on fmf and air filter and sprockets...whats next?

headache
04-11-2009, 06:52 PM
ok heres what i've done to my quad and i'm happy with it, and you can do the same for not too much cash. Buy a good used fmf fatty headpipe from ebay to go with the silencer you have. They are a great midrange pipe, good for the woods. Buy vitos reeds, they are the same as boyesen pro series except they are only 19.99 Get a thin headgasket from vitos, then take off your flywheel and slot the holes in the stator plate for advanced timing.(if you need help with this i can guide you through it. its easy.) Then put on a 14t front sprocket. This will make the quad seem like a whole new quad without breaking the bank. If you want more then take the jug off and have it ported. with the mods that i have in my signature i run side by side with a stock z400 in a drag race. It has plenty of torque and i can do 4th gear wheelies without too much trouble.... Oh and drill a bunch of 1/2 inch holes in the airbox lid..

motofreak2772
04-11-2009, 07:04 PM
get vforce3 reed valves and honestly a PVL ignition does a lot but its kinda expensive.

As for the bike itself you might want to upgrade the suspension.

nakomis0
04-19-2009, 10:24 AM
I think the cheapest mods are:
Mill the head
Thinner head gaskets
Vitos Degree key
Reeds
Read spacer

Thats all the cheap ones. Your looking at about $120. Not including an exhaust, which you almost always need an aftermarket exhaust. The stocker weights ALOT too.

Other more expensve but still best bang for the buck mods are:
Vitos piston
Porting
Larger carb
(about $600)

Thats all I had done to my Blaster back in the day. It was pretty fast for a Blaster.

Additional stuff you will wanna do is:
Oil block off
Parking brake removal kit
Suspension - Suspension is tops on my list.

And the last thing I would keep in mind is, I would not drop a ton of money into it, remember its still a blaster and its not and never will be in the same class as the full size sport quad. So choose wisely.

John451
04-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Here's what i would do:
Port+Polish
V-force reeds
FMF header
Have the bottom of the cylinder milled
thiner head gasket
bore it

The cheapest way to go it to just get the thinnest base gasket you can and the thinnest head gasket to raise the compression. for $50 you can get the bottom of your cylinder milled which will raise the compressison ratio and expand the power stroke by lowering the exhaust port. to make it faster get a bigger front sprocket by 1 tooth or a rear one 3 teeth smaller or for more torque a sprocket 1 tooth smaller on front or 3 bigger on rear