PDA

View Full Version : Front Brakes

mkbruteforce
04-11-2009, 03:04 PM
OK, I know this is a crazy and stupid post because brakes are easy, right. Fill the master cylinder and pump the brakes till they get tight and open the bleed valve till all the air is out. That is how it should work.

Four hours later and I still have no brakes. I just installed new Houser a-arms. With that I had to get new extended brake lines stream-line steel braided. Before the change the stock brakes worked great no problems. Anyway, now, I can not for the life of me get my front brakes to bleed out correctly and stiffen up. I have been through an entire bottle of dot 4 brake fluid and I still have no brakes. ANY ideas. I am thinking I have a bad Master Cylinder but I have nothing to prove that theory with as it worked just fine before the change. Sorry for the long post.

Help me if you can.

MK

Scro
04-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Fill the master cylinder up with fluid, and keep the cap off. Loosen one of the bleeders valves. Just be patient and the fluid will slowy bleed itself by gravity. You will start to see the bleeder dripping eventually. Do this a couple times for each side, making sure that the fluid level in the master cylinder doesn't go dry. It works, you just have to be patient and fill the master cylinder when it gets low.

After that, you should start to feel a little pressure. Then you can do the normal pumping, and cracking the bleeder to get the rest of the air out.

It takes about 30 minutes using this method, even when putting brand new lines on. If you don't want to wait that long, you can take a long hose that fits over the bleeder valve, and just start sucking:p

You will eventually get some fluid to the caliper where you can pump and crack the bleed, and get the rest of the air out. Just make sure you have a long enough hose. Getting brake fluid in your mouth sucks. :D

mkbruteforce
04-12-2009, 04:45 PM
You are the MAN!!! Thanks a million. They work so good I almost went over the bars LOL

MK

Scro
04-12-2009, 05:42 PM
LOL I did the same thing when I first rode a 450r, coming off of a 400ex.:p