PDA

View Full Version : what to do for a race

JJs450r
04-11-2009, 02:26 AM
well ive been racing about 3 years off and on and never really put much thought in gettin ready for a race, i plan on racing the national next weekend and never really thought about what should i be doing the week before the race, like food wise exercise wise, if i lift what day would be a good day to stop to give time to relax and recoop what should i eat the night before the race, during the day of the race

all jokes aside id like serious answers haha

Warnerade
04-11-2009, 10:04 AM
make sure your body and bike are in tip top condition.

dont engage in making soup with a female

I usually stop doing all excercise two days before any race

eat chicken or steak the night before, milk the morning of, and carb up with rice pretty much the day before, and during the entire race weekend

BlaineKaiser450
04-11-2009, 11:22 AM
yeah thats baisically it

MX MaNiAc 06
04-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Warnerade

dont engage in making soup with a female

MANswers said it's just fine to make whoopey the night before a race/game.

XXX -rider
04-11-2009, 11:49 AM
& eat carbohydrates day / nite before ...= energy after digestion..

hardkoratvmxr
04-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Water

04-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Yea they said that theres nothing wrong with whoopy....even tho you dont like that kinda stuff *** haha. Drink water....stop drinking sodas.

Scro
04-11-2009, 06:03 PM
I usually eat as much spaghetti as I can the night before. I also drink plenty of water the week before. Pretty much everything Warnerade said.

Scro
04-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
MANswers said it's just fine to make whoopey the night before a race/game.

I don't know about you, but making whoopy completely drains my legs:p

Warnerade
04-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Scro
I don't know about you, but making whoopy completely drains my legs:p exactly. I've done it three times at the track the night before...2 of the 3 times it KILLED me for the race the next day. One was at a national too...woops

the 3rd, I was wasted also so I was dead the next day anyway....I dont count that

:D

quad2xtreme
04-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
well ive been racing about 3 years off and on and never really put much thought in gettin ready for a race, i plan on racing the national next weekend and never really thought about what should i be doing the week before the race, like food wise exercise wise, if i lift what day would be a good day to stop to give time to relax and recoop what should i eat the night before the race, during the day of the race

all jokes aside id like serious answers haha

Jeremy, when you get old enough and can run the 40 class all the other advice goes out the window. You can eat hamburgers the day of the race and between motos, a beer or two the night before won't hurt you, and you take sex anytime you can get it. You would never say "sorry but I am racing tomorrow".

Ok, seriously, talk to Christian from MotoXNutrition. You need to try out the Race pack and feel the difference.

matt14c
04-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Plenty of water and carbs leading up to the race. Wouldnt lift no closer than 2 days before. Get plenty of sleep. Race day eat like granola or a good cereal and by that I dont mean fruity pebbles, drink gatorade stretch really well before first run. Also helps to stretch or walk after a race. You dont want to sit and tighten up totally. Definitly no pop or coffee.

JJs450r
04-12-2009, 09:03 AM
lmao this threads great thanks for all the advice

quad2xtreme
04-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Jeremy,

PM me your addresa and I will send you some sample race packs. Christian gave me 4 or 5 sets to give out to other racers to try. I still have all of them.

jesseweaver
04-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Jeremy,

PM me your addresa and I will send you some sample race packs. Christian gave me 4 or 5 sets to give out to other racers to try. I still have all of them.

hey if your looking for more people to test those out, PM me. ;)

mxpimp2000
04-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
hey if your looking for more people to test those out, PM me. ;)

ME2:D

JJs450r
04-13-2009, 06:25 AM
im pretty sure you can get a sample off their site

thanks jon

KXRida
04-13-2009, 10:27 AM
haha no one's said it yet, but no alcohol the night before. Morning practice with a hangover blows, plus it really dehydrates you. Get a good night's sleep as well. That's something I need to do the night before. I get really anxious (usually have some pretty bad nitemares from getting hurt as well) the night before a race and don't sleep well.

quad2xtreme
04-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
im pretty sure you can get a sample off their site

thanks jon

I just got back from the post office Jeremy. You should have them in time. I included the full instructions but you can send a PM if you have any questions.

I will be spectating on Sunday. Ride safe but win... ;)

I didn't have nearly as many samples as I thought. I thought each group was a full race weekend pack. As it turns out, they were packaged in groups for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Everyone who is interested in the product should contact Christian to get samples.

/Jon

quad2xtreme
04-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
haha no one's said it yet, but no alcohol the night before. Morning practice with a hangover blows, plus it really dehydrates you. Get a good night's sleep as well. That's something I need to do the night before. I get really anxious (usually have some pretty bad nitemares from getting hurt as well) the night before a race and don't sleep well.

I take Tylenol PM the night before. It usually knocks me out so I get a good nights sleep.

I run "almost could have been an accident" scenarios through my mind all the time too. I think that is what draws you to this type of activity. Scientist discovered a daredevil gene so there is no use fighting the desire to participate in a sport that puts you in danger. If you weren't doing this, you would just find something else that is dangerous.

KXRida
04-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I take Tylenol PM the night before. It usually knocks me out so I get a good nights sleep.

I run "almost could have been an accident" scenarios through my mind all the time too. I think that is what draws you to this type of activity. Scientist discovered a daredevil gene so there is no use fighting the desire to participate in a sport that puts you in danger. If you weren't doing this, you would just find something else that is dangerous.

ugh I have the scenarios over and over in my head and I get so worked up in the mornings I get sick, usually a good morning practice quiets my jitters, but a bad practice makes them worse.

What's christian's username on here (if he has one)? I'd seriously like to give the motoxnutrition stuff a try. Does he send you samples? If it's worth it I may look into it.

JJs450r
04-13-2009, 07:11 PM
thanks jon

ya i put in a good work out today about 5 miles of jogging walking and biking played a lil basketball and lifted a lil im pooped

04-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Also buying a suzuki wouldnt hurt your chances of winning :P

Pappy
04-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Geez, no drinkin', no sex, no good food.....ya'll have taken all the fun out of it:o

Give me a case of bud light, a nice thick T-bone and a hot dumb blonde, you keep the trophy:devil:

wayfastwhitey69
04-13-2009, 08:44 PM
[i]
I run "almost could have been an accident" scenarios through my mind all the time too. I think that is what draws you to this type of activity. Scientist discovered a daredevil gene so there is no use fighting the desire to participate in a sport that puts you in danger. If you weren't doing this, you would just find something else that is dangerous. [/B]

haha, i guess thas why i end up doin stupid stuff that usually gets me hurt durin the winter :P

JJs450r
04-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by #101
Also buying a suzuki wouldnt hurt your chances of winning :P

what could will that doo me but get me a dnf seem likes your didnt even make it through practice the other day :) haha maybe you switch to ole red

quad2xtreme
04-13-2009, 08:58 PM
by the way...I don't make this stuff up...

http://health.msn.com/mens-health/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100110512

or just do a search on the daredevil gene.

I work for a company that was closely associated with a child company that does alot of gene mapping that is mostly purchased by various universities. I just manage our server hosting division...we have PhDs who understand stuff I can't even begin to comprehend. I have to laugh all the time at people who think they are smart. These guys could humble anyone real quick. Many of them could have retired long ago but they just have a drive to continue the research.