PDA

View Full Version : 250ex fouls plug

pfranklin
04-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Hi there. I'm trying to solve this problem on my son's quad. It's an '06 with maybe 100 hours tops. It will fire right up on a new plug, but when it warms up, it dies like it's starving for fuel and won't start again. I checked all the normal stuff ... plenty of fuel, shutoff set to 'on', valves have been adjusted, correct starting procedure, etc. When I pull the plug, it's wet with fuel and carbon, looks fouled to me. Any ideas?

Hunley
04-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by pfranklin
Hi there. I'm trying to solve this problem on my son's quad. It's an '06 with maybe 100 hours tops. It will fire right up on a new plug, but when it warms up, it dies like it's starving for fuel and won't start again. I checked all the normal stuff ... plenty of fuel, shutoff set to 'on', valves have been adjusted, correct starting procedure, etc. When I pull the plug, it's wet with fuel and carbon, looks fouled to me. Any ideas?

Sounds like your running too rich.. Thats my opinion

pfranklin
04-14-2009, 11:19 AM
I wondered about that. Thing is, the carb is still set to factory. Possible that they messed it up?

Choppers
04-16-2009, 02:43 PM
could be a float getting stuck but yea i think its flooding the plug which in return is fouling it.

pfranklin
04-17-2009, 02:02 AM
That would explain a lot. I'll check it out.