PDA

View Full Version : Sacro this Wednesday/thurs/fri/?

scarab
12-30-2002, 08:08 PM
Would it be safe to ride there this Wednesday /thurs/fri? Anyone want to go?

Ex'r Marlin
12-30-2002, 09:56 PM
Just curious... Are you talking about Sarco in New Jersey??:confused: If soo, I heard it is a great place to ride, but illegal... But I am available to ride Thursday and Friday... But most likely will head to the NJORVP.

12-31-2002, 01:45 AM
hmmm a lot of this depends on where you plan on parking.

Then again I think it may be better to meet up with the manchester "bonko squad" than the "Nazi SS" patrol they call the NJ DEPE Div of Forestry :D

Its a real good area and especially where most people dont bother to go but do be carefull.

scarab
12-31-2002, 02:09 PM
what about clayton?

Ex'r Marlin
12-31-2002, 03:27 PM
I have not heard of Clayton. Anyway, keep us posted... Otherwise I will be at NJORVP on either Thursday or Friday. What's up with you Lenny?? Have you heard of Clayton??:confused:

beerock
12-31-2002, 03:54 PM
sarco and claytons is real fun and the handful of times I went in fall there were a bunch of us draggin and havin fun..

no worries.

usually the only worries i get are from the people who are worrying, I HATE THAT CRAP

scarab
12-31-2002, 04:18 PM
Well, worring leads to people being cautious, respectful ,and not screwing things up for others. Its usually the people who don't have a care in the world who screw things up...

01-01-2003, 09:59 PM
Scarab thats a very good point.

I dont think Berock was saying the opposite ( but you do confuse us sometimes Bee)but if I am right it was more directed at looking over your shoulder paranoid etc. but I have to say that with the way things are so much against off roaders in NJ that it isnt a bad idea to be both curtious and keep and eye out for those who look at us as some kind of criminals or easy income from tickets and impounds.

I have never rode at claytons but it looks very good, only prob is that its very hot there. I know the owners look at us as a problem and there have been some times when the place is hot. I know that Sarco has had its share of problems but it is a little diff set up there and it is located in more than one town also which makes things that much more interesting.

Last time I was checking out Claytons (remember this is a rather large company and they do have more than one or two pitts also) there were people riding all over, and I mean that they were not just in the pit but there are also a lot of smaller trails that the locals use for riding and to get there also.

You used to be able to go just about anyware but with the combination of increasing over population and new construction etc and the growth in our sport things are getting more diffilcult. Places that I used to ride and hardly ever even see another rider much less a cop or ranger are now either regularly used and patrolled or even worse completely developed.

If I had to make a call I would prob be going to Sarco. There are many trails and diff riding terrain but maybe I am just more familiar with it.

beerock
01-01-2003, 10:36 PM
Ah yes its very good to keep an eye open, just dont be paranoid.

and complain about it.

thats what i meant.