PDA

View Full Version : In need of some help

122LTR
04-10-2009, 10:28 PM
I have on 06 ltr that just recently started popping and not wanting to run. Before to get it to start you had to give it a little trottle, and once it started, it was popping and sounded bad. Almost like it wasn't getting enough fuel. I check the valves and everything was good, but when i pulled the plug , you could tell it had been burning some oil. So i re-did the top end. Well once i got it all back together, it wouldn't start. So i check all my connections and all was good, triple checked the valves, and check the injector. but still wouldn't start, so pull started it. Well low and behold, it was acting the same way, so doulble my connections but still nothing... Does anyone out there have any ideas what the problem could be?? I'm lost in the dark with this one.

Warnerade
04-11-2009, 09:56 AM
sounds like a fuel pressure regulator took a dump.

fill your gas tank up with gas and pop off the fuel line in the back of the gas tank that is attached to the petcock thats aiming to the rear of the quad. If gas leaks out of that, you found your problem

122LTR
04-11-2009, 10:36 AM
I pulled that off, but no leaking. I'm still stumped.

Warnerade
04-11-2009, 12:04 PM
its possible it might still be bad, your local shop should have a pressure gauge to plug into it...should be around 45lbs of pressure I beleive. The leaking isnt a sure fire way to know if its bad.

Your TPS could have also went bad...its the little plug on the left side of your throttle body

122LTR
04-11-2009, 12:12 PM
thats what i heard also, but how do you check it. I tried to hook a volt meter to it, but couldn't get a reading. do i need the so called tool, they show in the manual.

Also i tried to get my bike into dealer mode, but couldn't get that to work either. I tried to run a lead from the red striped wire where the cherry bomb plugs into a ground, but nothing.

122LTR
04-12-2009, 05:26 PM
ok so i broke the bolt loose on the tps and played with it a little, and the bike wanted to fire, didn't run all that good, but at least if fired. I hope that is the problem.

atveric132
04-12-2009, 06:42 PM
sounds like fuel regulator or fuel filter

122LTR
04-12-2009, 06:49 PM
i swapped gas tanks with one that was running fine, and nothing worked till i start to mess with the tps. That and while i rebuilding it i put a new fuel filter in. Thas why i'm assuming its the tps. That and it probably needs to be properly tunned.