PDA

View Full Version : Z400 vs cannibal

ltz400/400ex
12-30-2002, 08:02 PM
I just thought i would tell about my experience with cannondale. I had a 2001 mojave and we traded it for a cannibal. We got the cannondale uses- it was said to have had a new engine- we got it home and the battery was dead. We had trouble with the battery for several weeks. We took it back to the dealership and they fixed the electrical problem. We got it home and we put it in the truck to go riding and when we went to unload it , it would not start, so we pushed it back on the truck and brought it home and washed it and took it back to the dealership the next day. We told them we wanted the money they gave us out of our mojave and quadrunner that we traded. They gave us the full price that we paid for the cannondale back and put all the money from our other 4-wheelers on a 2003 Z400. I don't think that we could have made a better choice. Other than power the cannondale has nothing over the z400. Handling, suspension, reliability, everything is nice. Any comments will be accepted.

ltz400/400ex
12-30-2002, 08:04 PM
The subject should be Z400 instead of 400ex

cabex
12-30-2002, 08:56 PM
glad you like the Z

trust me that get better amd better every ride!

FastFreddy12
12-30-2002, 09:50 PM
i gotta z too and race mx. i selling a couple things too. like a arms and shocks.

ZMAN
12-30-2002, 10:25 PM
yep i love my Z i dont kno about the cannondale i have never riden one so i'm not gonna say anything but i think i made the right choice by gettin the Z:macho

kawasaki_ridah
12-30-2002, 11:30 PM
yeah the Z is a awesome machine i love my Z clone

Z400central
12-31-2002, 12:39 AM
Pshh!!! Z400central.com :D

killed300ex
12-31-2002, 04:47 AM
yea i like both of those quads and yes with the cdales if you dont have a charge in the battery then you cant make it run becae of the efi systems but i think you will be just as happy with the z400 its another sweet bike
killed

Guy400
12-31-2002, 04:52 AM
You bought a used quad and had problems with it. Who knows if the previous owner did the proper maintenance. In stock form the Cannondale's have more power, have a far superior frame, far superior suspension and a host of other benefits. As far as reliability, my Cannondale has yet to let me down. When I bought it brand new the dealership fouled the plug and failed to fully charge the battery. They replaced the plug and I threw the battery on a trickle charger. After that first charge it hasn't been on the charger yet and it starts everytime without a problem. I'm in Ohio and there are times when my quad sits for weeks without even being touched. I roll it out of the garage, hit the starter button and it roars to life.

Sorry you had a bad experience with a used quad.

ltz400/400ex
12-31-2002, 07:50 AM
It was used but the dealership guranteed us that the engine was brand new and had not been broked in yet. The battery problem was due to the charging system in the the engine that they replaced it free of charge. The owner of the dealership races a cannondale blaze 440 - he has 2 of them- He said he has not had anyproblems other than fouled plugs and flat tires while racing for a year. We went to replace the spark plug and when the dealership but the stuff back on the did not tighten up hardly any bolts and it was just a horrible job.

goochy
12-31-2002, 08:10 AM
:mad: sounds like dealer troubles, not c dale.

ltz400/400ex
12-31-2002, 08:21 AM
I am not bashing cannondale at all. I loved the bike what little i rode it. It just didn't let me get on and ride like the z400 does. We just had them troubles with it and i was excited because i would finally get to ride it when we got it back. Wrong! I think that i was just so pissed when it wouldn't start that we traded it. I thought we was paying 90 dollars a month for something to sit in the building wasn't right. I think every sport 4-wheeler has its ups and downs. I am not biased to one brand. The reason i have 2 suzuki's is because of the dealership we get them from are really nice and will work with you. This dealership is 50 miles away but we have 2 about 20 miles away that just suck. I am actually looking for a 400ex now to race this spring so i will have 2 atvs that have a lot of similarities. I have a practice track at my house. I am interested in cross country racing. There is a series here called Paul Koontz Off Road Racing.

KrazyKid300ex
12-31-2002, 09:34 AM
and the cannondales are manufactured about a hour and a half from me in bethel CT. i want to go see the plant one day. something good has actually come out of CT.

freakystone
12-31-2002, 01:14 PM
Hmm, I loved my Dale... I loved my first Z... As a matter of fact, I love my current Z. You obviously got someone elses problem.

Obviously the aluminum frame on the Dale is awesome. The EFI is nice but more complex and less self-serviceable. The motor is great but some people have reported a few problems (I didnt have any).

The stock XC's too tall for me and therefore it felt tippy and uncontrollable compared to my Z. But I have XCR's on the Z so the comparision isnt fair.

The shocks on the Speed are better, much better. Therefore I will have Elkas soon. The shocks on the Z suck and the swing arm is a tad too short.

The seat on the Z is the best in the business.

Reverse. Nuff said.

I have heard about weak axles and frame welds but I jump the he|| out of mine and I go for 225 lbs. No problems yet. FINGERS CROSSED.

The power at the rear wheel of the Dale is not as controllable as the Z. Obviously because the Z has a lack of power compared to the Speed. DUH. You cannot truck and lug on the Dale like you can on the Z. No way.

Just thought you would want some feedback from someone that has spent AMPLE time on both, not just a quick jaunt around the bean field.