PDA

View Full Version : Best place for Elka parts?

paul_700
04-10-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm looking for a good supplier of elka parts. I am in charge of suspension tuning and repairs for our race team and I am told we are switching from fox to elka.I haven't yet had the pleasure of working with elka. As far as seals, heads, rings, shafts, bodies, rezzies, etc. where are all you other racers getting your supplies and tech support? Is it easiest to go straight through elka? And will they actually sell straight to private mechanics? Or are there other good outlets out there?

racernorris
04-12-2009, 07:27 AM
unless you buy parts from a elka dealer,(you can find dealers close to you buy calling elka) you will need to get set up as a dealer to get parts straight from elka. elka does not like to sell body parts to anybody, springs and hardware are no problem. they will tell you to send them back to Canada for service or re valving!

good luck working on elka's

Norris

paul_700
04-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Seems to me I've heard that about elka. I'll give them a call. I understand they don't want just anybody servicing their shocks and possibly hurting their reputation but they may be taking it a little far. After all, nobody has more interest in seeing my race shocks done right than I do.