PDA

View Full Version : Rath Racing intake kit?

warthoga5
04-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Anybody have one of these on their bike? I just ordered one for the 06 Predator I just bought and looking at the picture Rath provides in the instructions online has left me with some questions. When you install it, do you have to completely remove the airbox? If so, where can you get a crank case breather filter like Rath shows in the picture, it looks like a K&N. I am also looking at getting a slip on pipe as well, either a Pro Circuit T-4 or one of the Pure Polaris White Bros pipes and I was curious about the jetting? Rath recommends using a 170 with their exhaust, but I couldn't find info on using any others or if you would just use about the same. Pictures are always helpful:D Thanks.

predmxr05
04-10-2009, 12:49 PM
as far as installation, you do not have to remove the airbox. some take it off, but others use it as a splash guard. it should be pretty straight forward to put on, just put the adaptor on the intake tube, and the filter on the end of that. you will have to cut the tab on your seat that holds the tool kit on, otherwise it will hit the filter. the breather filter i got off ebay for like 10 bucks. otherwise some have used fuel filters for cars. anything that fits (1/2in i believe) should be fine. jetting really depends on elevation and temperature. but start with a 170 and work your way up, im at a 175 dynojet at sea level. dont forget to adjust your a/f screw (im out three turns) but anything between there and 2 1/2 should be good. hope this helps

snowswife
04-10-2009, 09:30 PM
got my filter from O'Riellys auto parts.
Any auto parts store should have them

geiber
04-16-2009, 08:46 AM
IT is a K&N if you were wondering, or havent found out.