PDA

View Full Version : Guys who think walsh in indestructable..

trx400ex
12-30-2002, 07:38 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34284&item=1875663014

Not busting on walsh but alot of you on here seem to think that you can run a walsh bike over with the track dozer and just scratch the plastic. But if you got extra money this is a heck of a deal. Check it out.

400exRacerX
12-30-2002, 07:40 PM
Nothing is indestructable.

trx400ex
12-30-2002, 07:49 PM
Nothing that we put on quads anyway.

EX 80
12-30-2002, 07:57 PM
I heard of doug gust breaking one in half from someone. I just like walsh cause his stuff looks nice on my quad. I have seen the RPM swing arm, nothing against them but they are ugly as H--L. I'd rather put a new stock swing arm on my quad than an RPM swing arm, i am basing that on looks only.

Dave400ex
12-30-2002, 08:35 PM
I think anybody on here could break any swingarm made, if it wasn't our quad we got to use to beat the crap out of it. I saw Gust in 2001 break a Walsh a-arm in half as his quad flipped down Larocco's leap at Red Bud. Sure he crashed and it broke, but it still broke and he wasn't the only one to flip that day, but the only one I saw with a broken a-arm. I still think Walsh is the best..... :D

trx400ex
12-30-2002, 08:47 PM
Yeah alot of racers say walsh and roll are the best. Any of these parts are good enough for me, i just wanted to point out to some people who were saying they never saw a broken walsh swingarm. EX80 i agree with you about the RPM it is a awesome swingarm, but i dont go for the look.. Now someone buy my stocker lol.

Dave400ex
12-30-2002, 09:03 PM
I have never read anything on the internet about Laeger stuff breaking though, but I'm sure it does just like the other stuff.

MX26
12-30-2002, 09:46 PM
I believe Walsh to be very good products. MrP(I think it was) bent a Walsh subframe. Everything breaks. There's a guy from MS with a set of Laeger's that couldn't keep a ball joint over 2 rides. I believe it's a common known fact that Laeger got a bad ball joint setup, but they have fixed the problem. As with Lonestar, they're very pricey though. Through the past 3 years of almost nothing but MX racing, I have learned that you definately get what you pay for.

I guess everyone that posts this kinda of post is referring back to the LSR post. That got out of hand, but it's resolved.

dawzie
12-31-2002, 05:02 AM
We broke his first designed swing arm on our Dale at Buds Creek. He looked at it and said "yup, it's broke". "Call me Tuesday". We called, he sent us a "new designed one" at a more than fair price. Mike is a great guy, racer and stands behind his products with-in reason. It's to bad the wait list is so long. It's the same with all the good builders though. By the time we got our YZF together, the 450's where coming on the seen.

trx400ex
12-31-2002, 08:25 AM
What if walsh went out and found 5 really good welders and hired them, dont tell em he doesnt have the money. They could turn out more parts if they expanded their buisness alittle. Sometimes i think they have this wait on purpose to get more money out of each set they sell.

MX26
12-31-2002, 06:05 PM
Well, that's part of business. Mike Walsh builds those parts with his hands, and when he gets done with them, he KNOWS they're made right. If he hired someone to do it for him, he couldn't have that same assurance. It's all an opportunity cost really. I wouldn't want my reputation to hit the curb because of some hillbilly that can't penetrate 2 peices of iron.

mxracer111
12-31-2002, 06:17 PM
that cracked swingarm is Chromed.....i have not seen anyones chrome swingarm hold up. chroming supposedly weakens the metal...... its not Walsh's fault that it cracked..... but i will never chrome a swingarm again.....i have personally craked a Chrome walsh swingarm completly in half......it broke and the rear half including axle and all went the opposite direction of me and the rest of the quad. but i blame the chromeing not Walsh. my powder coated walsh has lasted through 2 years of hard abuse and have not had one problem with it so it is getting put on again next year

trx400ex
12-31-2002, 07:19 PM
MX26 Mike doesnt build everything, it even shows th eguys on his site.
Does chrome really weaken it that much, i would like to see what John Arens knows about that.

Chef
12-31-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
I have never read anything on the internet about Laeger stuff breaking though, but I'm sure it does just like the other stuff.

The only time I've heard of Laeger stuff breaking was when Dana broke the A-Arms out of his when his fuel line came off. If that was even a Laeger frame, I think it was though. He had the Laeger front end.

OutlawEX
12-31-2002, 11:40 PM
Its ur suspension that makes everything crack..If ur running good shocks the shocks will absorb 90% and if ur running crappy shocks the shocks will only obsorb about 30% and then the rest of ur quad which is 80% taken all the pounding..I hoope i made it sound clear im a lil detozicated its new years at 137 am and just got home:rolleyes:

Dave400ex
01-01-2003, 09:50 AM
Outlaw your right. The better shocks you have, or the better setup they are, the less chance you will have of breaking something, unless you crash.

Sparks425Ex
01-01-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by 400exRacerX
Nothing is indestructable.

if anyone wants proof send it to me and i would be glad to beat the living pi$$ outta it.