PDA

View Full Version : Switched to two wheels in the dirt cause of financial reasons

zukirules
04-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Well, I traded the yfz for a gsxr 600 a while ago. Well, I had fun on it, but I decided I wanted to pay the parents off, and I really missed my quad. So, I payed the parents off after i sold the gsxr and ended up with a lil under 1400$ cash to spend. So, I figured I couldn't go the whole summer without riding, and I don't have a credit card to get a new lt-r.

So, my buddy Andy has had his 2002 yz 250f sitting around for a while cause he got a 250 2 stroke in 06'. And I decided to pick it up off him cause I got an awsome deal!

The thing is immaculate condition, runs great, nothing wrong with it! Very well taken care of.

I don't come home from college till tomorrow, so I won't have pics posted till tomorrow other than this one. Let me know what you think. I'm gonna work really hard at gettin good on it this summer, as it'll be alot cheaper than my quad was. Only thing that sucks Is I would hit any jump in front of me on my yfz, and now I won't wanna hit anything bigger than 20 feet lol

Well, i'll post pics saturday too, as we're either going to sunset ridge or mt. carroll

Pic:

dopeyferree
04-09-2009, 08:35 PM
I just picked up a 2 wheeler a couple weeks ago after being on a YFZ for a few years and all quads before that. Been on quads for 20+ years. I do have a street bike but a dirt bike is alot different. It is a really hard transition but I know its going to take time to get really good. Have fun on it and nice deal you got.

zukirules
04-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by dopeyferree
I just picked up a 2 wheeler a couple weeks ago after being on a YFZ for a few years and all quads before that. Been on quads for 20+ years. I do have a street bike but a dirt bike is alot different. It is a really hard transition but I know its going to take time to get really good. Have fun on it and nice deal you got.

lol, yep. 2 weeks ago when I was home, my buddy road his yz 250 over, and I had just gotten off my gsxr. I hopped on his 250, and wooo, did that feel weird lol

k4f5x0r
04-09-2009, 08:52 PM
i grew up on dirtbikes until i was about 10-11. switched to a 300ex, then got a kfx450. rode the 450 until this year then picked up a ktm 250sxf. 2nd time at the track today with the 250 and i LOVE It.

i need to get the front forks revalved for me REALLY bad because theyre extremely stiff. Other then that i love being a rut rider. I love the fact that i can juts ride this bike and its basically race ready. Not like my quad where its 6500 then another couple grand just to build it up.

The thing that slows me down on my quad so much is the suspension. i dont have the cash to dish out for long travel with a arms and everything. with the bike i can ride it and it will take any abuse i give it because it is litterally RACE READY.

S.A.J
04-09-2009, 09:19 PM
i traded my 416ex for a 2000 cr125 with some mods and $1000 cash,i had NEVER rode a dirtbike before and darn that felt sooo wierd and diferent,but after about 1 hour or so i got pretty used to driving it,hadnt tried jumping it though,but that was also about the time i sold it for $1,500 and used some of the money to fix up my 450r =) which i feel sooooo much more comfortable on,BUT like zukirules said its race ready and you dont gota dump money in it and parts are cheaper for it if you wreck or anythng almost is cheaper except rims and hubs rob your wallet.

jesseweaver
04-09-2009, 11:23 PM
yea thats why i got my bike. i had a 416ex with some stuff done and was at the point where i needed a 450... instead of dishing out $4000 for a quad plus $2000 to set it up i bought an 06 yz250f for like $3000 and i love it. idk i kinda picked it up fast i didnt think it was that hard to get used to (except for the first couple minutes because i had never riden a dirt bike before lol) but yea have fun

Bryson#221
04-10-2009, 10:34 AM
You'll miss them training wheels :D :D :D

BladeRunner
04-10-2009, 10:44 AM
I've been considering the same thing. Rode dirt bikes since I was 5 yrs.old. Picked up a new Z400 in 02 to goof off in the yard. I was hooked,sold all my dirt bikes and my 900RR. Upgraded to 2 YFZ's in the following years. Now,thinking of picking ap a buddies 04 Z400,or another 2wheeler. Dirt bikes are ALOT cheaper to ride IMO.

krt400ex
04-10-2009, 11:02 AM
congrats on the bike. it wont take too long to get used to it and once you do you will never want to go back. i dot both and i choose the bike every single time over the quad unless i got a girl to ride around wit hahaa. you dont have to be as picky wit your lines, the suspension is so much better.. you can ride right through anything without thinking about it. its lighter and easier to toss around...and jumping only takes a little getting used to. i love to jump the bike.

k4f5x0r
04-10-2009, 11:06 AM
oh and if you are gunna jump a bike... SQUEEZE YOUR KNEE"S TO THE GASTANK... i forgot to do this a few times and almost ate shat :p

zukirules
04-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Haha, thanks for the replies guys. And to Bryson; that is the 2nd reference I got to training wheels haha. I'll post some pics from the track tomorrow.

hypersnyper6947
04-10-2009, 07:17 PM
I have been thinking about 2 wheels for a while now, the only problem is whenever i get on one i feel like im gonna die, the twist throttle is a a scary thing. But everyone i know who rides dirt bikes will never go back to quads, so i kinda want to see what its like. but i will never get rid of my quad, i just may pick a bike up to mess around with also.

Nice new ride let us know how the transition goes

ROLLIN
04-10-2009, 09:30 PM
here. here. bought the rmz (just cause i never had a suk) and rode the quad twice in six months, and both times were at breezewood. i might add the quad stays extra clean just sitting in the basement, and parts don't seem to break when you dont ride um.... interresting. i mainly got a bike cause the local tracks don't allow quads, got tired of complaining.

Wills77
04-11-2009, 07:27 AM
me too...
started out on quads then switched to bike though 65's and 85's then back to quads from blasters to fully built 450's racing A class since i was 16 then couldnt afford it and had to sell my quad for a truck... picked up a couple different bikes since then and i just have so much more fun on them... everytime i would take my quad out something expensive would break and i would be sitting but on a bike i can just ride it almost stock and not worry about breaking parts.
yesterday i drove to nj with my 04 kx125 and $1000 cash and came home with this... 06 crf250, rg3 suspension, fat bars, tripple clamp, fmf 4.1 dual exhaust

krt400ex
04-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
I have been thinking about 2 wheels for a while now, the only problem is whenever i get on one i feel like im gonna die, the twist throttle is a a scary thing. But everyone i know who rides dirt bikes will never go back to quads, so i kinda want to see what its like. but i will never get rid of my quad, i just may pick a bike up to mess around with also.

Nice new ride let us know how the transition goes

the twist throttle is not that hard to get used to. and i like it better on a bike anyway. if you really wanted to you could mount up a thumb throttle to a bike. i know ppl who have done it wit success. the other plus is that things dont break as much on a bike...take a fall and a lever might bend or break... just little stuff. everything is easier to access if you need to fix it too. i have gotten into a couple nasty crashes on the bike and only had a pair of bent handle bars...which i have not even replaced yet cuz they are not hardly bent enough to notice. crashing the quad is an easy $400 here or $400 there...i cant afford it.

jcs003
04-11-2009, 07:38 AM
i started on a KX60 and then went to quads. been on quads for 10+ years. occasionally i will get on my friends bikes and WOW it is kind of a thrill compared to a quad. so, i have actually considered a bike too.

deathman53
04-11-2009, 05:34 PM
after riding dirtbikes its kinda hard to ride quads. I mainly ride my dirtbikes. After I started riding my dirtbikes alot, the thumb throttles on the atv's had to go. I'm not real good at jumping dirtbikes, I will launch a sizable jump. My quads/trikes are a different story, I'll go full-bore up to jumps. I haven't ridden my atv's in sometime, next week I will. Its cheaper to ride dirtbikes. You can buy a crf450r for 8g's, re-valve shock, re-valve/sprung forks and maybe a pipe. You are ready to go and compete in mx. With a quad, unless you buy a showroom ready mx quad you are in for money to widen it, new shocks, wheels and more. With the mx ready quads, you still have to get shocks setup for you, nerf bars, tether kill, pipe, re-do jetting, de-restrict it. Even a mx ready quad, you are looking at 4g's. Yes, with dirtbikes, hug the tank/shrouds with your knees, it helps alot, expecially woods/enduro riding.

DJJ450r
04-11-2009, 06:38 PM
I got an 07 yz450f last year to cross train on and its hard to go back to the quad=P i only race it. I now have an 09 yz250f and race mx and got pretty good on it.

DJJ450r
04-11-2009, 06:42 PM
My friend got J Law's # plate at the STL sx and i rocked it the day after sx at a local track:blah:

whitebros400
04-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Why did you go from a 450 to a 250

KXRida
04-11-2009, 07:10 PM
I switched to bikes somewhere around 2000 or so and haven't really rode/raced quads since. I raced 85's for a while, got hurt, stopped racing after 2 years of big bikes and got out of the sport for a while and bought a truck. Got back into it a few years ago and here I am now. Started racing again last summer and plan to do so this season as well. I'm sporting a yz250f with some goodies. Got an amazing deal on brand new in 08 (if you believe it or not) so I couldn't say no. Slowly on the hunt for a 450 as well.

I can't complain about the yzf though, she runs good. I just wish I had the speed before I started getting hurt.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/ride8.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/ride7.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/ride18.jpg

She even sounds pretty good too!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g6UqCisVNrI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g6UqCisVNrI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

zukirules
04-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Well, went out to mt. carroll today and.... LOVED it!!

I thought I was gonna have a hard time gettin use to it, but I was wrong. At first, i was shaking, but after a few motos, I became really comfortable on it. Hitting all the jumps that my buddies who have been riding dirtbikes much longer than me were hitting.

I got alot of compliments from my friends, and even a couple really fast A class riders that knew it was my first time on the track with a bike.

So, as of now, I don't see myself going back to quads.

I'm still working on the twist throttle part a lil, but as the day went on i got really use to it.

No pics though, sorry. No one brought a camera.

One broken hand today, just glad it wasn't mine haha.

Sjorge450R
04-11-2009, 07:57 PM
I really would like to get out and try the dirtbike world...Rents say no though. I feel like I am in the same predicament as i was when I was fighting for a quad...:o The thing with me is, I wouldnt even know where to start. All I have ridden is a few pitbikes and a little suzuki 110ttr or something like that. It just seems as if quads are a bad image and dirtbikes dont get that image....who knows. If i come across a good deal I wanna grab a bike to try it. I am just scared of knocking it over when I am wrenching on it....:macho

DJJ450r
04-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by whitebros400
Why did you go from a 450 to a 250
to much power and top heavy, it was hard for me to corner and on the 250 its so light and easy to throw around, i can hold it wide open a lot more and I'm actually faster on it.

k4f5x0r
04-11-2009, 09:39 PM
your better off going with a 250f. 450's are really only for bigger guys and experienced riders. you will not need the power of a 450 especially just for trail riding. JMO

04-11-2009, 09:54 PM
^^ which 450r u selling? the one you just got not to long ago? or the one with the fox.houser front end?

04-11-2009, 10:04 PM
well dang where have i been at. hah.

04-11-2009, 10:06 PM
haha. well good luck selling it if you do. i love your frontend.haha

04-11-2009, 10:11 PM
haha yea i know what you mean. im doing fine on my stock front end. rides fine to me. but ive never riden anything nice. haha im done putting $ into mine. haha

04-11-2009, 10:13 PM
well my brother's crank bearings went out so now i have no one to take me riding. and i just ride rec, and in my backyard on my track.

k4f5x0r
04-11-2009, 10:16 PM
yea. for the past 2 track rides ive taken the 250f. I really do have to say im starting to like it over my quad. but thats just cause ive reached the stock suspension limits on my quad.

i just started realy getting used to the dirtbike on the last ride. i got real comfortable with jumping and im working on keeping my speed up in burms. then ill move onto whipping :devil:

whitebros400
04-11-2009, 10:16 PM
I really want one of those 09 crf450s but idk if i can handle it.

k4f5x0r
04-11-2009, 10:34 PM
one of my really fast friends who rides a dirbitke his bro has one. they had it at the track one day and HOLY CRAP. that thing is just purely retarded loud. its stock pipe is louder then the DASA on my kfx450 :eek2:

whitebros400
04-11-2009, 10:39 PM
yea dirt bike pipes are loud stock but they sound good. kawasaki dirt bikes have the loudest pipes.

k4f5x0r
04-11-2009, 10:42 PM
i know dirtbikes are loud. because they come outta the factory as race bikes. but i mean. out ofeverything with a stock pipe at the track. this completely blew it away. it was as loud as my friends sparks exhaust on his 450r. i guess the extra long header bending far from the left side(while sitting on the bike) all the way to the right gives it this stupid loudness.

whitebros400
04-11-2009, 10:54 PM
yea but i want one so bad!!!:D

JRP
04-12-2009, 06:38 AM
Ive been really thinking about switching too. Get a 250, prob a yammi since they have amazing contincency out right now. At the last race, first place in A class was 1,000 bucks. Pretty sweet! Not saying id ever make it to A on a dirtbike lol, but still its awsome.

ZeroLogic
04-12-2009, 08:22 AM
09 Yz250 is where its at.:o

whitebros400
04-12-2009, 08:34 AM
I was reading a magazine the other day and they said the new fuel injected bikes are easier to ride because it doesn't jerk or jump as easy when you hit the throttle. They have smoother power. I'm really serious about switching to 2 wheels later this year.

k4f5x0r
04-12-2009, 10:08 AM
clean up your 250 and take it to a dealership. they will most likely help work out a nice trade in on that bike. if not sell it privately and do it the normal way.

krt400ex
04-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
to much power and top heavy, it was hard for me to corner and on the 250 its so light and easy to throw around, i can hold it wide open a lot more and I'm actually faster on it.

thats why i didnt get a yz250 like i wanted. i get a little whiskey throttle and i like to hold it wide open. i ride my kx faster than i would the 250 two stroke.

krt400ex
04-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by hondarider11
I would get the 09 crf450 but I do not like the way the header comes out like a 2 stroke and they dont come with excel rims like suzuki and yamaha do. I want a bike with efi and doesnt have the ugly pipe mounting like a honda so I guess I will be going with suzuki.

i dont think it looks ugly...and unless the zuke fixed their problems... the first year they had the efi (08) they we cracking the cases cuz the kick starter gears were breaking.

i would go wit the honda. they still the best IMO

Sjorge450R
04-12-2009, 10:49 AM
i gotta stop reading this thread because now I REALLY want a bike....again I never rode one so when I do get one, I will be keeping my R. I think I would be getting a honda 250....yea, I am biased...lol. If i could come across a rm125(if they make those) or any of the 125 two strokes i would jump on it in a heart beat. I miss the noise of a 2 smoke....

ProspectorJim
04-12-2009, 10:59 AM
This thread has me thinking of saving up for a used 125 now.
Once in a while I get to throw my leg over my brother's 144sx. Holy**** is that thing scary compared to the yz250f he used to have. Its a hell of a bike to get used to a twist throttle on.

krt400ex
04-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
i gotta stop reading this thread because now I REALLY want a bike....again I never rode one so when I do get one, I will be keeping my R. I think I would be getting a honda 250....yea, I am biased...lol. If i could come across a rm125(if they make those) or any of the 125 two strokes i would jump on it in a heart beat. I miss the noise of a 2 smoke....

if you are talking about buying new, the only companies that make the 125 two stroke anymore is yamaha and ktm. i think kawi dropped their 125 from the line-up in '06. honda and suzuki dropped theirs is '07 or '08. i dont remember

spanky101
04-12-2009, 01:04 PM
If i was to buy new id definatly buy a ktm 144/150 sx. They are superrrr nice bikes!!

jesseweaver
04-12-2009, 03:20 PM

wow looks like your movin pretty good through that rut. i think that might be the first time i've ever seen a sprocket cutting into the ground lol. great form too

ZeroLogic
04-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Call me if you want a real race.:scary: :blah:

k4f5x0r
04-12-2009, 07:52 PM
nope no 250f's have efi.. YET

whitebros400
04-12-2009, 07:56 PM
No none of the 250f's have efi. Maybe next year they will. They main reason I want a 450 is because when I ride my friends 08 yzf250 I go through the gears so fast. I want something that I don't have to put any money in the motor to make it go faster.

jesseweaver
04-12-2009, 08:10 PM
I want something that I don't have to put any money in the motor to make it go faster.

your gonna have to be really fast in order to NEED more power out of a 250f. (assuming your a beginner on a bike)... more HP will not make you as fast as a good handling bike will.

whitebros400
04-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Naw I'm not a beginner. I ride my friends bike in the sand and trails all the time.

DJJ450r
04-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
wow looks like your movin pretty good through that rut. i think that might be the first time i've ever seen a sprocket cutting into the ground lol. great form too Thanks man:D I try to ride a couple times a week, that's actually in my backyard lol

ZeroLogic
04-12-2009, 08:41 PM
No none of the 250f's have efi. Maybe next year they will. They main reason I want a 450 is because when I ride my friends 08 yzf250 I go through the gears so fast. I want something that I don't have to put any money in the motor to make it go faster.

Its not quads bud! I have a buddy who can rape 450s on his 125. I'm faster than my brother (he'll beg to differ) and hes on a 250f and I'm on a 125. Its all about how you can handle the bike.

KXRida
04-12-2009, 09:00 PM
your gonna have to be really fast in order to NEED more power out of a 250f. (assuming your a beginner on a bike)... more HP will not make you as fast as a good handling bike will.

I'm now to that point where the 250f isn't enough power stock. It only has a pipe, but it'll either see some motor work or it'll be sold for a 450. Runs good, but a 450 would pull me so much better. If I had to contribute something that made me faster, it was riding with faster riders. Went riding today and had to practice a little block passing haha. It was a fun day.

jesseweaver
04-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks man:D I try to ride a couple times a week, that's actually in my backyard lol

yea looks like you can throw it around pretty good to. A class rider?

JRP
04-12-2009, 09:14 PM
yea looks like you can throw it around pretty good to. A class rider?

250C ;)
Sorry i spoke for you devon =] hahah

jesseweaver
04-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by JRP
250C ;)
Sorry i spoke for you devon =] hahah

dam im screwed i look like an amature compared to that

JRP
04-12-2009, 09:36 PM
dam im screwed i look like an amature compared to that

lol hes gotten good on it! Hasn't been riding it to long! I really think img oing to get one, sell my quads n get a 250 and work my way up

jesseweaver
04-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by JRP
lol hes gotten good on it! Hasn't been riding it to long! I really think img oing to get one, sell my quads n get a 250 and work my way up

yea i dont think you'll regret it. i know i didn't. i'm just glad i got out of it before i had TOO much money into quads.

KXRida
04-13-2009, 07:35 AM
For the money, you can't beat them when it comes to a quad. $700-$800 gets you a pretty good suspension set up on a bike front and rear. On a quad, that'll maybe get you some shocks. IMO bikes are just more fun for me. I ride more aggressive on bikes as well haha. Block passes are the best part!

Sjorge450R
04-13-2009, 08:27 AM
One of the main reasons for a bike in my future is because I wanna get out and experience the other side of the sport. The side that doesnt have EVERYONE that isnt a OHV compaining at them. If I were to switch to a bike, I would be switching racing too. I would definetly be going from XC to MX. Those XC guys are nuts on a bike.... If I dont get a bike this summer, its gonna be the summer following. (This summer would be nice....anyone selling one cheap?!?! :o )

zukirules
04-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Would you guys recommend getting a new or used bike?

No point in buying brand new. They have great deals on used bikes. their retail after they leave the showroom is low

KXRida
04-13-2009, 10:13 AM
just make sure it's not somebody's hammered out practice bike. I've seen some pretty sketchy looking 4t's that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

k4f5x0r
04-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
just make sure it's not somebody's hammered out practice bike. I've seen some pretty sketchy looking 4t's that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

sounds like how i feel about certain girls in my school :macho :ermm:

One_Bad_400
04-13-2009, 01:15 PM
i'm heading off to collage this year and all the things ya'll are saying are floating threw my head. i LOVE quads so much but i want a bike SOOO much. i been hittin my mini kicker on my HUGE XR650L. lol. and having a blast. once i come across the right 250 i hope i maybe can trade one of my 450's for it

krt400ex
04-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Would you guys recommend getting a new or used bike?

i always try to buy new. i bought my bike used because i knew the owner and i knew he babied it. plus since he was my buddy he let me pay him in three payments lol. if you can afford it... or afford a payment i think new is the way to go. no hidden problems, fresh warranty, and the wow factor of having a perfect brand new machine.

KXRida
04-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
sounds like how i feel about certain girls in my school :macho :ermm:

LMAO I hear ya on that one!

k4f5x0r
04-13-2009, 04:51 PM
yamahaha doesnt have EFI. neither does KTM. i say go for kawasaki. they have the most reliable one. suzuki had some major issues someone already addressed and honda is good i guess i just like kawasaki lol.

k4f5x0r
04-13-2009, 04:55 PM
not sure. i know KTM does. and you know carbs arent too bad on bikes.. ive gotten used to it on my 250 and once i got the idle and fuel screw set right its actually just fine.

DJJ450r
04-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by JRP
lol hes gotten good on it! Hasn't been riding it to long! I really think img oing to get one, sell my quads n get a 250 and work my way up Thanks Jordan! I've been ridin dritbikes for almost a year now and I love it, wish I would've started a lot earlier. And I would deffinately buy a new bike and immediately take the plastics off it and buy aftermarket, acerbis are like $120 for a full set and then put the stock ones back on at the end of the year and trade it in:blah:

whitebros400
04-13-2009, 05:38 PM
The only reason I don't like the kawasaki is because how big it is. It's freakin huge and it's the heaviest out of the 450's

One_Bad_400
04-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Yeah I have decided that I am going to get a new one and a 250f. I am going to race my quad this year and part it out this winter and use that money to either finance or outright buy a new 250f. What bike do you guys think is the best? I don't really want a kawasaki. My plans for it are to keep it bone stock and race arenacross and just trail ride and ride on tracks with for fun. Do you guys think the stock wheels on the crf are any good or is it better to get a yzf or rmz 250?

from what i have gotten from other forums its like this

250 class

Honda - best handling, most power, but you have to do maintenence on it, such as valve job alot (if you ride it hard)

Kawasaki - there's better out there

Suzuki - time bomb

yamaha - good power, good handler, best reliability.

as far as i've read the yamaha is the best bike out there all in all. its hard for me to ride a yamaha but thats what i'm probably going to end up getting.

k4f5x0r
04-14-2009, 03:50 AM
you forgot KTM :blah:

but yes KTM fits in their with the most power( 38 HP if tuned right over honda's 34 HP) but the KTM coems frm the factory stock with very stiff suspension. only downside on mine.

but then again while i was looking for 250f's. i was mainly looking for a yamaha since they dont have any giant issues. that or kawasaki.

Ruby Soho
04-14-2009, 06:41 AM
im still considering throwing my pitbike up for trade for a big bike.. or just saving up to get a 250f along with my 110.

pitbikes are crazy addicting though, i don't think i could part with my 110.. some of you who wanna stay on quads should pick up a 110, you wont be sorry

k4f5x0r
04-14-2009, 01:58 PM
nah these bikes come with nice carbs stock. simple weather change tuning with the air/fuel screw and itll run good all year. after tuning mine with the screw it runs really nice. no bog or anything. its bone stock btw.

k4f5x0r
04-14-2009, 03:59 PM
do not worry about the height at all. i have a friend who races a-pro am motocross. he says its actually better to be shorter on a bike. im not completely sure why but the only trouble i ever have is starting out and possible picking the bike up in strange situations(im 5'10"). im guessing its better to be short because you dont have to hold your leg as far foward to keep your balance. its hard to explain but makes sence.

jesseweaver
04-14-2009, 04:42 PM
yup i got a yamaha 250 and couldnt be happier. no big problems. great all around bike :macho

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/1999_416ex/DSCN0882.jpg

i've been on the bike since last fall, first time ever on a bike, rode maybe 5 or 6 times so far.

and i might be riding again this weekend, ill have to get some new pics. im starting to get it pretty whippped out on this jump.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/1999_416ex/DSCN0866.jpg

whitebros400
04-14-2009, 04:46 PM
I can't jump a bike at all. How do you guys jump.

jesseweaver
04-14-2009, 04:53 PM
idk how to explain it really. pretty much just like a quad. knees slightly bent. make sure you stay loose in the air i see a lot of people tense up and let the bike goes where it wants to and they land all screwed up.

k4f5x0r
04-14-2009, 05:11 PM
on a bike. your gunna want to have the same posture as on a quad. but your gunna wanna be placed way farther foward. basically so you can look downa nd your number plate is below your chin. you NEEDto squeeze your knee's to the gas tank or the rear is gunna fish tail and the landing is gunna suck. :p

whitebros400
04-14-2009, 05:47 PM
So you don't blip the throttle and the lip of the jump?

k4f5x0r
04-14-2009, 05:56 PM
you do blip the throttle. liek i said just like jumping a quad. but the positioning is very far foward compared to a quad.

S.A.J
04-14-2009, 06:45 PM
after reading this and doing alota thinking im leaning towards trading my 450r for a 4stroke bike of some sort,has to be 4stroke cause i had a cr125 not long ago and i cant see geting used to the 2 stroke anytime soon....

k4f5x0r
04-14-2009, 06:47 PM
im basically switched. ill be taking the quad to the track everyonce in awhile for fun but its gunna be mainly used for trails now. the 250f is my main ride. :cool:

jesseweaver
04-14-2009, 07:53 PM
That is sick! Are the excel rims that come stock on the yamaha good excel rims or are they like a cheap version to make yamaha look good? Most people I know of has a yamaha or kawasaki and I really like the yamaha. I am not worried about being to tall or short its just I am stumped on why the 250f was taller than the 450.

i'm not sure, i think they're pretty good excel rims. i want to get them powdercoated black and possibly the frame black this off season.

was also thinking about putting a black front or rear or both fenders on. how would that look?

Wills77
04-14-2009, 07:57 PM
2 years ago i raced quads in A class and bikes felt weird to me but i could still go hit everything on a track on a bike. i took a year off from riding and now ive been on a bike for a couple months and feel great on it. im gunna start racing them now and hopefully work my way up to where i was on quads by next season. now when i get on a quad it makes me mad cuz i cant ride them like i used to but its so much more fun not breaking my ride everytime i take it out on a track. plus quads are just to expensive when it come down to building one to be race ready.

KXRida
04-14-2009, 08:46 PM
idk how to explain it really. pretty much just like a quad. knees slightly bent. make sure you stay loose in the air i see a lot of people tense up and let the bike goes where it wants to and they land all screwed up.

grip with your knees though!

jesseweaver
04-14-2009, 08:51 PM
grip with your knees though!

yea thats something i need to work on. i tend to sometimes grip with my feet down at the pegs

KXRida
04-15-2009, 11:30 AM
yea thats something i need to work on. i tend to sometimes grip with my feet down at the pegs

You'll seriously notice a decrease in arm pump as well. I'm still dialing in my suspension so it feels like I have to semi re-learn my seat bouncing again to get a feel for how my bike is going to react and what adjustments I need to make.

ProspectorJim
04-15-2009, 01:47 PM
I've found an 08 leftover yz250f for $4100 at a local dealer. This thread is making me seriously consider getting rid of my quad and getting it.

JRP
04-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
I've found an 08 leftover yz250f for $4100 at a local dealer. This thread is making me seriously consider getting rid of my quad and getting it.

Very good deal man! Im looking at a crf250, maybe pick one up here shortly after I sell some stuff!

jesseweaver
04-15-2009, 04:09 PM
You'll seriously notice a decrease in arm pump as well. I'm still dialing in my suspension so it feels like I have to semi re-learn my seat bouncing again to get a feel for how my bike is going to react and what adjustments I need to make.

yea, first ride this year i got arm pump SO bad and i was startin to get a little worried lol it was really bad, but since its not been too bad, guess i was just really out of shape. lately ive really been working on form, i mostly need to get used to keeping my inside foot front like up towards the hub instead of down towards the ground. i've been doing this and noticing how much lower your center of gravity feels and how much lower you can drop the bike and consequently how much faster you can get around corners. i just need to start riding more rutted up/rough tracks. i mostly ride at breezewood and its generally smooth and is almost 100% berms. and adjusting my suspension is another thing i need to do, i haven't touched it since i got the bike:eek:

ROLLIN
04-15-2009, 08:29 PM
i agree with the leg grip, also it helps keep your feet on the pegs when you land a biggin. i would always push my feet out on the monster pegs quads have to correct in the air, try that on a bike and you're singin sweets on the lander. it's funny, ive run over my leg once on a quad in 8 years and twice on a bike in 8 hrs.

jesseweaver
04-15-2009, 09:19 PM
yea i also have to work on finding the pegs in the air. if i whip it a little or something and have my feet off i often miss the pegs and click down a gear ro tap the rear brakes lol it usually sucks. one way to fix that though... more seat time:macho

KXRida
04-16-2009, 05:29 AM
yea i also have to work on finding the pegs in the air. if i whip it a little or something and have my feet off i often miss the pegs and click down a gear ro tap the rear brakes lol it usually sucks. one way to fix that though... more seat time:macho

A lot of times my feet aren't on the pegs. They're usually just slightly above it. I dunno I've always done it...

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/jump14.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/jump12.jpg

jesseweaver
04-16-2009, 07:35 AM
A lot of times my feet aren't on the pegs. They're usually just slightly above it. I dunno I've always done it...

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/jump14.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/jump12.jpg yea i noticed a lot of people do that and i know i tend to do it sometimes, i just miss the pegs way to much when i bring my feet back. i just need to get more used to the bike.

spanky101
04-16-2009, 08:10 AM
Like you said, its all about seat time. The more your on the bike the more comfortable with the bike and all that other stuff you are.

krt400ex
04-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim

that is an incredibly good deal. i would go for it

Bryson#221
04-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
i gotta stop reading this thread because now I REALLY want a bike....again

I hear ya, bro :)

I've got a perfectly good Yamaha WR400 sittin in my garage, a 125, and ya gotta throw the two 50s into the equation, too.

I complain that I wanna ride dirt bikes again, but have I got back on one? Nooooop.

KXRida
04-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by krt400ex

That's about the going rate for an 08 leftover. The 450's were $4400-4600 otd depending which shop you went to in my area.

hotrodbelair
04-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Alright Ive already been kicking around the idea of gettin a bike, now that Ive read this whole thread now im realy gettin one, I went down to a dealer and looked at there used bikes. im looking at 250fs and they had a line of hondas, oldest one being 06 for 2600 then they went up to around 3000. then there was a 06 ktm for 2100. at the end of this month im goin down there when I get more money saved and see wich one I actually want.:devil:

ProspectorJim
04-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex

After thinking it over a little longer, I'm definitely switching to bikes. Mostly because parts are cheaper and I can ride more places on one.

S.A.J
04-16-2009, 02:11 PM
i wonder how many pple are gona change causa this thread lol ive made my decision,im gona trade for a dirtbike and get alil cash on top and then start saving for the future.

spanky101
04-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Ive always considered it because so many places in my area dont allow the quads to ride. I have a mx club about 15 minutes away from me and i am permitted to ride any time i want. So i think the switch will be a positive one for me. Also the fact that most of my friends have bikes and not quads helps the decision.

whitebros400
04-16-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm switching for sure. As soon as I can get a job!!:mad:

S.A.J
04-16-2009, 04:41 PM
how are the 500cc 2strokes like the kx500 or cr500? anybody rode one before,whats the deal with them,anygood at all?are they track ridable?

zukirules
04-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by S.A.J
how are the 500cc 2strokes like the kx500 or cr500? anybody rode one before,whats the deal with them,anygood at all?are they track ridable?

Dune rideable, don't know about track haha. Those things are beasts, don't think I'll ever take one on the track, no matter how long i've been riding dirtbikes

S.A.J
04-16-2009, 05:11 PM
cause theyre just uncontrollable or why not? and are they much heavier than say a cr125 or 250? cause i know theres not a huge dif btween them

UNBROKEN
04-16-2009, 05:50 PM
i got a cr500 yes i do ride the tracks i barley use half throttle , when u get into the loam were the front end starts to warsh out u punch it and wheelie through the loam lol , mainly pick a bike for were u ride MOST for me i wanted a powerful bike a 450 wasnt enough , but when i ride on the track i wish i would have bought a yz250f such as jessies , the cr500 is very low maintence and reliable 2 stroke, no power valves or niscal plated cylenders the 500 weighs more than a alumminum frame 450f and trust me u can feel the extra weight espically when cornering , im going to breezwood this weekend to practice more on the 500 its a handfull but alot of fun .

S.A.J
04-16-2009, 06:13 PM
thanks that helped me out quite abit!

spanky101
04-16-2009, 06:13 PM
I dont suggest getting a 500 for anyone with limited bike experience and even then, youll never need a 500. For 90% of the riders, a 450 is too much bike and wont ever use half the power that the bike has. I personally will be gettin a 250f, proboly kawi, yami or suzuki. The suspension is the big thing on these bikes, get them revalved and minor mods and your on a very nice bike for a good price point!

KXRida
04-16-2009, 06:19 PM
500's are good bikes, but not the best trackable bike you could buy. A 250 (2 or 4 stroke) would be more controllable and probably easier to ride. Power is good, but you have to know when to say no. IMO a good suspension setup is better than a pro circuit motor.

UNBROKEN
04-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by spanky101
I dont suggest getting a 500 for anyone with limited bike experience and even then, youll never need a 500. For 90% of the riders, a 450 is too much bike and wont ever use half the power that the bike has. I personally will be gettin a 250f, proboly kawi, yami or suzuki. The suspension is the big thing on these bikes, get them revalved and minor mods and your on a very nice bike for a good price point!
thats all true for riding or being competitive on a track ,hill climbs straight aways, playing around ,even trail riding i like my bike over my buddies 07 rmz450 but on a track man his bike can corner realy nice, the 500 lugs down realy low and makes alot of torque which is better in the trails than a 450 plus i dont over heat , if i wasnt going in the Army end of this summer i would finance a yz250f and keep the 500 so i would have the best of both worlds

KXRida
04-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by UNBROKEN
thats all true for riding or being competitive on a track ,hill climbs straight aways, playing around ,even trail riding i like my bike over my buddies 07 rmz450 but on a track man his bike can corner realy nice, the 500 lugs down realy low and makes alot of torque which is better in the trails than a 450 plus i dont over heat , if i wasnt going in the Army end of this summer i would finance a yz250f and keep the 500 so i would have the best of both worlds

I myself wouldn't mind getting a 250 smoker. I miss them on trails. My yzf tops out too quick to run open trails. I'm on the big side for a 250f (5' 11" 225) but I make it do the job. A 450 is better suited for me, but I make due with what I have. It's a good bike, but a 450 is much better for me.

04-16-2009, 07:07 PM
wow you guys are big people. im 6.1 and 170.. and im only 15.haha

S.A.J
04-16-2009, 07:12 PM
i'm dealing with a guy right now about a 02 honda crf450 with an 06 motor in it with mods,and $2,000 suspension....has less than 4hrs since rebuild,he wants $2,300

whitebros400
04-16-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm like 6.2 and exactly 200. I don't wanna race either. I just wanna ride in the trails or sand pits

whitebros400
04-16-2009, 07:23 PM
HOndarider11 you should go ahead and get a 450 because once you get a 250 and get used to it you are gonna wish that you didn't get it. Just get the 450 and ride careful for the first few riders.

UNBROKEN
04-16-2009, 07:25 PM
i'm dealing with a guy right now about a 02 honda crf450 with an 06 motor in it with mods,and $2,000 suspension....has less than 4hrs since rebuild,he wants $2,300

that seems to be a very fair price the 02-05 had a larger frame, in 05 honda made the bike a bit smaller so if ure a taller rider u may feel i bit better on a pre 05

KXRida
04-16-2009, 07:30 PM
If you're just going to ride/track ride, the 250f should be fine for you. It's a smooth, easy to ride bike. I'm just saying since I'm a little bigger I really have to work it to clear some of the bigger stuff out of corners.

450's aren't bad bikes, but if you're having trouble controlling a 250 smoker, a 450 won't be much better.

S.A.J
04-16-2009, 07:34 PM
well the frame being bigger part dont help me none,im 17 around 5'8-9''ish and around 130lbs lol

jesseweaver
04-16-2009, 10:11 PM
HOndarider11 you should go ahead and get a 450 because once you get a 250 and get used to it you are gonna wish that you didn't get it. Just get the 450 and ride careful for the first few riders.

advice from quad rider^^^^

advice from someone with experience>>>> this statement couldn't any farther from the truth....

thats one thing that i had a lot of trouble with..... 250f or 450??? i am really used to my 250 and have no desire to ride a 450 right now, and i know it will be a little while until i need a 450. i am so glad i listened to the experienced people and went with a 250.

blacknblue#2
04-17-2009, 12:23 AM
advice from quad rider^^^^

advice from someone with experience>>>> this statement couldn't any farther from the truth....

thats one thing that i had a lot of trouble with..... 250f or 450??? i am really used to my 250 and have no desire to ride a 450 right now, and i know it will be a little while until i need a 450. i am so glad i listened to the experienced people and went with a 250.

advice from a guy who has rode all>>>>>>>>>>> hondarider said he was 225lbs. Exact same weight i am. If he dont plan on doing any real competitive racing to where he will be using all his power i say buy a 450. I had an 03 CRF450 for a while that i bought to trail ride with. After owning many high powered 450 quads there is no way i coulda went to a 250F bike. i test rode some and it felt like gettin of my 450R and onto a 300EX. but like i said im no small fry, that makes the difference

k4f5x0r
04-17-2009, 04:05 AM
.. my 250f makes the same power my kfx450 did(stock). and the 250 is stock. about 38 hp. a 300ex has like 11 hp :p

blacknblue#2
04-17-2009, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
a 300ex has like 11 hp :p

:D Yes but its a mean 11hp......my old 300 had at least 13 i swear to it :p :devil:

Flynbryan19
04-17-2009, 06:23 AM
kxrida I am 5'9 and 225lbs. I have not riden a bike a on track before and I don't want to race. Just trail ride and go to practice tracks. Should I get a 250f or 450? Right now I have a cr250 and it is too much on the track it seems. You can't get it out of 3rd gear.

Very rarely are you going to get out of 3rd gear on ANY bike on an mx track. Most tracks are layed out to where you spend the majority of your time in 2nd or 3rd gear. You'll only find the need for 4th on looong straights. Don't choose a bike based on what gear your in around the track. Base it on what is the easiest to handle, yet can still haul you around without making the bike greatly struggle.

I agree with the fella that said it earlier.... Only about 10% of the people that ride 450f's really "need" a 450. For what you do I would recommend the bike you already have, or if you want a new wave bike buy a 250f. 450f's are fun bikes (I've owned one and ridden many), but they are usually more bike than any situation can call the need for.

KXRida
04-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
Very rarely are you going to get out of 3rd gear on ANY bike on an mx track. Most tracks are layed out to where you spend the majority of your time in 2nd or 3rd gear. You'll only find the need for 4th on looong straights. Don't choose a bike based on what gear your in around the track. Base it on what is the easiest to handle, yet can still haul you around without making the bike greatly struggle.

Don't ride too many track? Very rarely out of 4th gear? I use 1st-4th on every track I ride. I usually end up using 4th gear for my whoops and straights.

Get some seat time on both then judge your decision on that.

S.A.J
04-17-2009, 09:53 AM
mayb i have a screwed up way of looking at these kinda situations but IMO i would say why in the world would you not want a 450 even if theres more than enough power,tht would be a plus because id rather have the power and know its there for the taking if i need it then ride around on a 250 and know its giving me all its got and i aint geting no more outa it.even if your only and 1/2 -3/4 throttle on a 450 and you can controll it why wouldnt you rather have that then going all out on a 250? all that being said is IF you can controll it of course and i dont think it would be that hard geting used to the power after riding modded 450r's for years and as for how it corners and jumps i dont see much of a dif geting used to a 250 or a 450 in that area except the what 10-20lbs dif.? thats my opinion some pple might think its screwed up but hey wouldnt be the first time lol :p

zukirules
04-17-2009, 09:55 AM
mayb i have a screwed up way of looking at these kinda situations but IMO i would say why in the world would you not want a 450 even if theres more than enough power,tht would be a plus because id rather have the power and know its there for the taking if i need it then ride around on a 250 and know its giving me all its got and i aint geting no more outa it.even if your only and 1/2 -3/4 throttle on a 450 and you can controll it why wouldnt you rather have that then going all out on a 250? all that being said is IF you can controll it of course and i dont think it would be that hard geting used to the power after riding modded 450r's for years and as for how it corners and jumps i dont see much of a dif geting used to a 250 or a 450 in that area except the what 10-20lbs dif.? thats my opinion some pple might think its screwed up but hey wouldnt be the first time lol :p

450 quads completely different from the bikes. You buy a 450, and see how long it takes until u use even 25% of the power it has to offer.

Wills77
04-17-2009, 10:00 AM
on quads you cant have enough power... i weigh 135lbs and my dasa 63hp yfz could have used more power.
but bikes are completely different
a 250f/125 are more fun for me cuz i am always on the throttle but a 450 most of the time it makes you feel like your just putting around even when your going fast cuz your not on the throttle

jesseweaver
04-17-2009, 10:09 AM

but on a bike, 10-20 lbs is HUGE. and i wouldnt say you should get a 250 because 450s have too much power, id say get a 250 because your going to be able to handle it a lot better.

JRP
04-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Wills77
on quads you cant have enough power... i weigh 135lbs and my dasa 63hp yfz could have used more power.
but bikes are completely different
a 250f/125 are more fun for me cuz i am always on the throttle but a 450 most of the time it makes you feel like your just putting around even when your going fast cuz your not on the throttle

yep, cody is right. On 450s if your not used to a smaller bike, you get what i call "lazy" on a 450. Thats why you get a 250 and get to the point where your wtfo all the time, then you get on a 450 and your more comfortable and you try to go just as fast on your 250.

S.A.J
04-17-2009, 10:26 AM
yeah i can see were yall are coming from....i guess i'll just have to see what kinda deals come my way

k4f5x0r
04-17-2009, 12:39 PM
again ill bring up my friend lol. he actually prefers his 250f over his 450. he races both. he said the 250 is more fun because its lighter and the revving power is more. he only likes the 450 because it makes everything easier. he uses half the throttle compared to a 250 or something like that. but he said the 450 beats him up more because of the extra power.

its one of those situations. you have to decide what is more important to you. thumpertalk.com would be a good place to ask questions like this. everyone over there is pretty chill.

Ruby Soho
04-17-2009, 12:42 PM
i have a friend who races both 250's and 450's as well.

he doesn't race the 450 anymore because he says the 250 is way more fun.

krt400ex
04-17-2009, 03:35 PM
That's about the going rate for an 08 leftover. The 450's were $4400-4600 otd depending which shop you went to in my area.

not around me. dealers are expensive around me.

KXRida
04-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Well I was out on my cr250 tonight and I just feel so comfortable on it and that thing just flat out rips. Am I going to miss the power of it if I get a 250f?

You will notice a pretty significant power and speed decrease when you switch to a 250f. The F will feel very slow compared to your cr250. I came from a ktm 250sx to my yzf and my first impression was "why in the world did I switch?" After a few tracks rides I felt better knowing that I made the right decision. Yes the ktm was a power monster, but it had too much power for how the bike was set up. The suspension was crappy, didn't hook good out of corner's, couldn't handle any kind of breaking bumps, etc. It needed a fair amount of work for me to be able to race it. The 250f's come fairly competitive out of the box. The yzf's have a damn good suspension for being stock, but I personally can only do so much with a stock suspension and weighing 225 lbs.

When I do back to back comparisions of lap times, I'm faster on my 250 than the 450. Why? I'm more comfortable on the 250 at the moment. Put me on a 450 for a day and I could probably drop a second or two a lap.

pizmo 400ex
04-18-2009, 08:17 PM
i'm a noob to a dirtbike, but is there a certain way to take out the spark plug to a cr125 or did the person before me just tighten it alot? should be just like taking out my quad one right? jus wondering

pizmo 400ex
04-19-2009, 12:34 AM
thought so. thanks for the reply. hopefully the previous owner didn't cross the threads or anything

spanky101
04-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Thatd be bad man, best of luck. It may just be seized up a bit, spray some pb blaster or similar product in there to maybe loosen it up.

But i think ive decided its time for a bike. Im actually in a 250 vs 250 right now. Im not sure if i should get the 4 stroke or the 2 stroke. Who know they both have definate perks so its a toss up.

jesseweaver
04-19-2009, 03:23 PM

But i think ive decided its time for a bike. Im actually in a 250 vs 250 right now. Im not sure if i should get the 4 stroke or the 2 stroke. Who know they both have definate perks so its a toss up.

thats all personal preference. i like the 4 strokes a lot better but thats just me. i cant ride 2 strokes for crap and i guess 4 strokes are a little easier to ride because of the torque. what did you grow up riding? i've never owned a 2 stroke in my life.

k4f5x0r
04-19-2009, 03:37 PM
if youve never ridden a dirtbike on a track or seriously. get a 4 stroke 250f. ive never ridden a big bike besides a kx125 and that was just tooling around. now on my 3rd ride on my 250sxf i have to say ive gotten ALOT better. i dont want to be cocky but my dad and friends pointed it out too.

all in all its all about what your comfortable on. if you dont like the bike your gunna end up getting hurt because you dislike it.

muddy400EX
04-19-2009, 05:57 PM
4 strokes are definatley easier to ride, and if your planning on racing 4 strokes are the better choice. but im still a 2 stroke fan, so if i get a play bike it will probly be a 2 stroke:devil:

spanky101
04-20-2009, 12:37 PM
welllll the choice just got a heck of alot easier... 08 rmz 250. Fully revalved suspension, ported head, dr. d exhaust and a bunch of other minor details for like 3k. Hell of alot more affordable for a bike then racing quads haha

UNBROKEN
04-20-2009, 12:43 PM
welllll the choice just got a heck of alot easier... 08 rmz 250. Fully revalved suspension, ported head, dr. d exhaust and a bunch of other minor details for like 3k. Hell of alot more affordable for a bike then racing quads haha

man thats a steal for that bike!!!!!!!!! it sound to good to be true

spanky101
04-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Definatly. I have one other alternative but i havent fully got that one worked out... Its Darryn Durhams suzuki when he was racing the ams last year. But I havent been able to talk with him too much yet.

KXRida
04-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Definatly. I have one other alternative but i havent fully got that one worked out... Its Darryn Durhams suzuki when he was racing the ams last year. But I havent been able to talk with him too much yet.

hahaha hopefully it's not his practice bike. I rode with him a few times at creekside. He beats the living piss out of his bikes.

spanky101
04-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Haha darryn definatly runs his bikes hard for sure. I still havent completely decided what i want to do bike wise. new or used, suzuki or kawi, 250f or 250 2stroke... Who knows :blah:

KXRida
04-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Haha darryn definatly runs his bikes hard for sure. I still havent completely decided what i want to do bike wise. new or used, suzuki or kawi, 250f or 250 2stroke... Who knows :blah:

you can't go wrong with an rmz or kxf. If I were to buy a new bike, it'd be a kxf hands down.

Creekside isn't too far from Mckeesport. I forget the name of the city. Hutchinson, PA or something. It's ok, but it's just a practice track so I don't really go there.

outacontrol
04-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Creekside is closest to the town of west newton, or what kxrida was thinking was herminie. I was offered durhams bike last yr before i bought my ktm. then i watched him ride, and decided i didnt want that headache.

Wills77
04-22-2009, 06:53 PM
i am on bikes now and there alot more fun but i dont really see myself going where i could on quads with racing so im looking to trade my 06 honda crf250 plus money for a 450 mx quad if anybody reading this is interested check out my thread in the for sale section for pics and mod list

spanky101
04-22-2009, 07:41 PM
You shoulda asked darryn if he had any other bikes for sale. I know he had a tonnnn of bikes at different points in time with suzuki giving him bikes for the race season. But his motors were always in good shape. Or you could have had his dad or him rebuild the motor from top to bottom for pretty cheap, considering his dad is part owner of PR2 he could have had it done very cheap!!

outacontrol
04-23-2009, 06:25 PM
outacontrol who are you?

who am i??? think u know me?

KXRida
04-23-2009, 09:02 PM
You shoulda asked darryn if he had any other bikes for sale. I know he had a tonnnn of bikes at different points in time with suzuki giving him bikes for the race season. But his motors were always in good shape. Or you could have had his dad or him rebuild the motor from top to bottom for pretty cheap, considering his dad is part owner of PR2 he could have had it done very cheap!!

his old man does more of the suspension work, but I assume he could cut you a deal on the motor work. Yes, race bikes are maintained well, but most practice bikes are not. Ever wonder why some amatuer racers take the oem plastic off and switch it from day one? haha they keep it for when they sell it.

outacontrol
04-24-2009, 06:28 AM
Haha I might know you thats why I asked who you were! lol You are not far from me. I ride at latrobe speedway all the time.

then im sure we have seen each other.. i used to have a laeger crf hybrid with bright orange frame, now i ride a blacked out ltr with rockstar graphics. havent made it there this yr, cuz the track is gay and he wont change it..

spanky101
04-25-2009, 10:31 PM
his old man does more of the suspension work, but I assume he could cut you a deal on the motor work. Yes, race bikes are maintained well, but most practice bikes are not. Ever wonder why some amatuer racers take the oem plastic off and switch it from day one? haha they keep it for when they sell it.

Haha yah his dad does all the suspensions, the shop is in darryns back yard! But I plan to do the same thing with the stockers too! haha