PDA

View Full Version : Great DRR racing video

EthansDad
04-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Hey guys, this is a great racing video taking at the locals by ride4acure, who does some professional video editing on the side. Ethan #22 is in this, but it does a great job of featuring all the riders and capturing the "thrill" of youth ATV racing. if someone can float me some cash, I think I'll ask this guy to come to all of our races!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwmbBd4Utp8

FISH ON!
04-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Great video. Looks like the quad racing program is growing. How many quads are they getting these days? My son is wanting to get back in those races but they seem to be the same weekends as GNCC this spring. I'll have to recheck their schedule.

EthansDad
04-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Durhamtown in GA is starting to get a decent youth ATV turn out. they run 2 classes, a youth and pee wee. I think they call pee-wee 50-70cc, and youth 71-125cc. the youth class has a real shoot out going on this season with as many as 6-7 kids showing and always a battle for the lead with some fast riders out there. the pee-wee class is a bit small, but we've had as much as 5 riders on the gate.

They've recently changed the schedule a bit, you can check it out below at the link. We've had to miss a few with conflicts to the ATVA MX series.

hope to see you out there one day.

-EA

http://www.durhamtown.com/ <--scroll down on main page for spring series dates, next one is May 3rd

etondaddy
04-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Cool video.....enjoy the mini days there gone before you know it. I would give anything for Kyle to be six years old again. He's thirteen and on a 300 now......wow the time flys. Every kid I've talked to that started on mini's told me I wish I had my 90 back. Back in the day we had e-ton, kasea, lem and had to put a ton of cash into them to go to the track...... now with drr and apex you new mini dads got it made....lol. Just enjoy it and take lots of pictures and videos.

Mike Kozura

tntauto1127
04-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Pretty cool video. Too bad the track wasn't closer to PA. I'm trying to find some nice tracks up this way. I took my boy to Evansville,PA this past weekend. They had a nice 50 track. Was good for his first race.

skyeryder
04-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Nice video, I like hearing that sound of the 2-stroke every now and again though...

hotquads1
04-10-2009, 09:35 PM
nice video, we are looking forward to coming to DT again soon, see ya there.
marc

JAG Motosports
04-11-2009, 07:25 AM
Marc, let us know when you're going to Durhamtown.....we'd like to go for a weekend sometime. Heard nothing but good about the track.

Ride4ACure
05-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Mike @ Durham Town is working on this track to make it wider...should be even more fun

EthansDad
05-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Hey! its the man behind the camera himself! Welcome to the forums Rob. tons of great folks and racing knowledge on here.

edwardsp&b
05-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Mike @ Durham Town is working on this track to make it wider...should be even more fun

mike also said he would let us run the big tracks for the next series. he was talking about possibly racing saturday nights on the kids track and sunday mornings on the big track. good to see you here Rob.
bryan