PDA

View Full Version : The Day It Blew Up....

JRP
04-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Well after 4months off i finallyg ot back into riding... Well 5 or so rides in the worst happens... It blows up... So now im out for hopefully not to to long, i hope to make it to birch in 2 weeks but idk. Heres some pics of the last ride, and also, if anyone wants to buy a fully built brand new 2005 450r, let me know! Thanks!

madskrillz2
04-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Now you know EXACTLY how I feel. Just as I was getting back into the swing of things, motor grenades.

JRP
04-08-2009, 09:30 PM
this camel back tripple was like 80ft or so, maybe a little bigger. I was the only quad doing it, and not many bikes were doing it either. 3rd gear tapped out of a corner, it was sweet.

JRP
04-08-2009, 09:32 PM
few more...

JRP
04-08-2009, 09:34 PM
madskillz2- yeah man it sucks so much. This is the first time i blew up this motor, i mean its bone stock, thats what sucks lol. The whole quad is stock minus aarms and front shocks lol. And i haven't even had it a year =/ hahah

JRP
04-08-2009, 09:35 PM
fafafd

JRP
04-08-2009, 09:37 PM
this camel back tripple was like 80ft or so, maybe a little bigger. I was the only quad doing it, and not many bikes were doing it either. 3rd gear tapped out of a corner, it was sweet.

madskrillz2
04-08-2009, 09:39 PM
What happened? Did it start blowing smoke everywhere or lock up? When mine was still stock the compression ring gave out and wasn't a big deal. I have yet to find out what happened this time. Dunno if I'm ready to find out lol.

JRP
04-08-2009, 09:39 PM
few more...

JRP
04-08-2009, 09:40 PM
the last one that didn't show up.....

blacknblue#2
04-08-2009, 09:41 PM
No wonder it scattered. It was gettin tired of the same jump over and over. Take this scattered engine as a lesson to try new things..............haha jk. A blown motor does suck. Mine is layin in the garage floor right now waiting on parts and it was 70 this past weekend :(

JRP
04-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
What happened? Did it start blowing smoke everywhere or lock up? When mine was still stock the compression ring gave out and wasn't a big deal. I have yet to find out what happened this time. Dunno if I'm ready to find out lol.

Nah see it was weird... it didn't lock up thank god... But i was riding, and i checked the oil and there was none, i was like wow thats really weird, jsut had oil in it yesterday. So i checked for leaks, none, no smoke(nothing more than usual) than i filled it up. Rode for about 40more min, like 3 15min motos. Checked it again,a nd no oil again... So i stopped riding it, and took it home. Drained oil, and chunks of metal EVERYWHERE. And what happened was the metal clogged the oil pumps. Freakin had 2100ml of oil in there and i think its supposed to hold... 1700? I was pissed. So idk what broke, but im mechanically retarded so my dads like "Jordan, i want you to take it to a real mechanic" and thats why im mechanically stupid cuz he won't ever let us work on it lol. And I dont have money for a guy to work on it, 60bucks an hour my ***.... =/

But heres some pics of the honda if anyone wants to buy it! Thanks p.s. also have a brand new stock 2003 300ex forsale also!

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/450r1-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/450r2-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/450r3-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/450r4-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/450r5-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/450r6.jpg

JRP
04-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
No wonder it scattered. It was gettin tired of the same jump over and over. Take this scattered engine as a lesson to try new things..............haha jk. A blown motor does suck. Mine is layin in the garage floor right now waiting on parts and it was 70 this past weekend :(

hahaha i know. my dad just sat there n took pics of that all day. I wish he took vids, i felt really fast. Theres not a lot of jumps there, well thats a lie... lol No BIG jumps there picture worthy minus that one and one called "showstopper" but that was stupid that weekend hahah

madskrillz2
04-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by JRP
Nah see it was weird... it didn't lock up thank god... But i was riding, and i checked the oil and there was none, i was like wow thats really weird, jsut had oil in it yesterday. So i checked for leaks, none, no smoke(nothing more than usual) than i filled it up. Rode for about 40more min, like 3 15min motos. Checked it again,a nd no oil again... So i stopped riding it, and took it home. Drained oil, and chunks of metal EVERYWHERE. And what happened was the metal clogged the oil pumps. Freakin had 2100ml of oil in there and i think its supposed to hold... 1700? I was pissed. So idk what broke, but im mechanically retarded so my dads like "Jordan, i want you to take it to a real mechanic" and thats why im mechanically stupid cuz he won't ever let us work on it lol. And I dont have money for a guy to work on it, 60bucks an hour my ***.... =/

But heres some pics of the honda if anyone wants to buy it! Thanks p.s. also have a brand new stock 2003 300ex forsale also!

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/450r1-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/450r2-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/450r3-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/450r4-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/450r5-1.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/450r6.jpg

Man that sooks. Why don't you just ride the Honda until you get it fixed?

Simon MX49
04-08-2009, 10:39 PM
What you want for the Honda?

JRP
04-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Madskillz- I would, but man this thing is SO new, im talking less than 2hrs on the motor, and that was just idle/cruise break in time. Plastics are so clean, frame, everything lol. I would really like to be able to sell this to someone and they know its in top top condition, no time, everything is brand new. Plus, im much more comfortable and smoother/faster on my suzuki than honda. lol

F150 Rider
04-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by JRP
the last one that didn't show up.....

that is some Massive Air man!

04-09-2009, 06:55 AM
just wondering what are you asking? for the honda.

Warnerade
04-09-2009, 08:33 AM
His tampon string got sucked into the intake and wrapped around a valve.

Originally posted by madskrillz2

Sjorge450R
04-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Jordan, quick question. What are you looking to get for that R and what happened to your red plastic?

I might be interested in buying them from you still got them. Also, you got any stock/spare parts for the R that you would want to get rid of?

BTW nice pics. I am starting to gain interest in running some MX this summer...:rolleyes: In my eyes going from XC to MX is the equivalent of switching from a civil engineer major to a business major (no offense for either of those majors)

coryatver
04-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Warnerade
His tampon string got sucked into the intake and wrapped around a valve.

HAHAHA that is a good one:D

MX MaNiAc 06
04-09-2009, 01:47 PM
What the hell Jordan? You still have the 450r?.. and the 300ex? You've just been buying new quads without selling the old ones!! Why don't you fix the motor with all that money you've been hiding from everyone! haha

madskrillz2
04-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by JRP
Madskillz- I would, but man this thing is SO new, im talking less than 2hrs on the motor, and that was just idle/cruise break in time. Plastics are so clean, frame, everything lol. I would really like to be able to sell this to someone and they know its in top top condition, no time, everything is brand new. Plus, im much more comfortable and smoother/faster on my suzuki than honda. lol

Ah I gotcha

LTR450_#67
04-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Nice pics Jordan.....My guess with your engine is that probably your 3rd gears were/are starting to break apart clogging the screen to the No. 2 oil pump that returns the oil to the tank/resevoir. Third gear problem is pretty common on the '08s. The '09s have updated gears that are supposed to be better which are $100 for the set....Or you can get the heavy duty billet gears from ATP Racing.......That's my assumption as to what happened so don't quote me on that.

Warnerade, nice avatar lol!!!!!

JRP
04-10-2009, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
Nice pics Jordan.....My guess with your engine is that probably your 3rd gears were/are starting to break apart clogging the screen to the No. 2 oil pump that returns the oil to the tank/resevoir. Third gear problem is pretty common on the '08s. The '09s have updated gears that are supposed to be better which are $100 for the set....Or you can get the heavy duty billet gears from ATP Racing.......That's my assumption as to what happened so don't quote me on that.

Warnerade, nice avatar lol!!!!!

Thanks man for the reply! You know i was thinking that, but wouldn't I feel that? Like ive never had a tranny go before, or any of my gears break, so im not to sure what I would feel, but everything seemed fine. No loss in power or anything. I am in 3rd gear alot of that quad. Mainly 3rd

LTR450_#67
04-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Not necessarly, I'm sure its possible that some of the tips of the teeth on the gear could be broken while the gears are still grabbing.....like I said though it's my assumption.

JRP
04-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
Not necessarly, I'm sure its possible that some of the tips of the teeth on the gear could be broken while the gears are still grabbing.....like I said though it's my assumption.

its very possible now that i think about it. and the day before i really started noticing it was losing oil, i hit a jump in 3rd and when i landed, i couldn't get it to shift down or get into neutral... than it finally did after like 15min

MX450
04-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by JRP
its very possible now that i think about it. and the day before i really started noticing it was losing oil, i hit a jump in 3rd and when i landed, i couldn't get it to shift down or get into neutral... than it finally did after like 15min

i would have stopped riding it right then!

JRP
04-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by MX450
i would have stopped riding it right then!

but then i got it into neutral and it ran fine after that, 3rd gear felt fine. I guess ive never had a gear go on any of my quads, so i didn't know what to expect, other than a falst neutral but it wasn't like that.

LTR450_#67
04-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Don't feel bad Jordan I changed my oil last friday before me and my buddy went to Walnut to practice for the weekend and I found some lil tiny flakes or chips in my filter. I had a feeling it was my 3rd gears going.....Well I said screw it cuz I had never been to Walnut to ride and I figured it's "go or blow". The practice went great, quad ran fine, shifted fine, and I felt half way fast for not riding in like 4 months. Well I checked the oil filter last tuesday after washing it off and it had couple more flakes in it. So I decided to pull the engine and split the cases......I found out that my gears were actually doing fine till I had a snap ring and a splined wash brake and get caught up in the 3rd gears and chew them up a lil along with my No.1 oil pump and the No.2 large gyrotors..... So I'm in the same boat. If you decide to split it your self let me know, I'll help ya if you have any questions.

diangelo#67
04-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by JRP
but then i got it into neutral and it ran fine after that, 3rd gear felt fine. I guess ive never had a gear go on any of my quads, so i didn't know what to expect, other than a falst neutral but it wasn't like that.
jordan are you kidding me you did that after everything that I had to go through to fix mine after the same situation?

hopfully your case is ok.....

remember the 3500 motor rebuild

JRP
04-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by diangelo#67
jordan are you kidding me you did that after everything that I had to go through to fix mine after the same situation?

hopfully your case is ok.....

remember the 3500 motor rebuild

I didn't know that happened to urs mario. Like theres metal and aluminum shavings in my oil so thats not good at all =/ I wanna get into it but im scared what im going to find out...

04-12-2009, 09:28 PM
you sure do blow stuff up alot. or is it just me lol

JRP
04-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by hondarider661
you sure do blow stuff up alot. or is it just me lol

i think its just you. only blown up 2 motors in the last 4 years, so thats not to bad i dont think. As much as i ride and race lol

04-12-2009, 09:37 PM
oh i thought u had blew the honda like 3 times. idk where ive been. but i hope you get it fixed. lol

TWISTED
04-13-2009, 08:27 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JRP
[B]Nah see it was weird... it didn't lock up thank god... But i was riding, and i checked the oil and there was none, i was like wow thats really weird, jsut had oil in it yesterday. So i checked for leaks, none, no smoke(nothing more than usual) than i filled it up. Rode for about 40more min, like 3 15min motos. Checked it again,a nd no oil again... So i stopped riding it, and took it home. Drained oil, and chunks of metal EVERYWHERE. And what happened was the metal clogged the oil pumps. Freakin had 2100ml of oil in there and i think its supposed to hold... 1700? I was pissed. So idk what broke, but im mechanically retarded so my dads like "Jordan, i want you to take it to a real mechanic" and thats why im mechanically stupid cuz he won't ever let us work on it lol. And I dont have money for a guy to work on it, 60bucks an hour my ***.... =/

You had better take it back to Pomey...... That's the best 60 bucks an hour you could spend.....

fastredrider44
04-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Blew up my 05 last year. Was going through a field section when a YFZ blew my doors and I was like WTF! Pulled in the clutch to downshift and go around a turn and it died, let the clutch out, and the back tires were locked. Not much fun, and golly those things are pricey to rebuild.:devil: