PDA

View Full Version : Pearl White powdercoat?

madskrillz2
04-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Anybody have pics of it or is there a such thing? Pappy?

Pappy
04-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Yes its available. IMO its no where near Pearl Paint as far as the effect. Its ratings for impact and chemical resistance are much less then standard pc colors so I would have resevations about using it on anything but a sand machine or drag quad, but that just me:p

I dont have any pics of it, kind of hard to get digital to pick up on the pearl aspect of it.

madskrillz2
04-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Ah that's what I was worried about. :( That pearl really would "pop" on a frame.

Pappy
04-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Not really. Those colors and others need alot of light, and a quad frame is covered with plastic:p

Now a stretched rigid with lots of chrome bouncing light around....maybe;)

madskrillz2
04-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Well you think you could PM me some uncommon colors you think would go good with black plastic? I'm trying to do somethin different and I don't want anybody stealin my ideas. Guess I blew the pearl white but if it doesn't look good I guess that doesn't matter. :D

Pappy
04-08-2009, 09:32 PM
I just shoot the colors, I dont pick them:p

Candy red-looks to stock with black
Candy Blue works-but really needs graphics to tie it in
White-but then you look like a cop:chinese:
Orange-but then you look like a punkin

Copper metallic would be different-candy red tint but has a copper sheen with metal flake

Hell, just coat it rust primer and never wash it:eek: :p

madskrillz2
04-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Copper metallic would be different-candy red tint but has a copper sheen with metal flake

Hell, just coat it rust primer and never wash it:eek: :p

That sounds interesting. You got any pics of that? Instead of the rust primer I could just put some rhino liner on it......:eek2:

Pappy
04-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Im sure there are some pics in my section

Scro
04-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Black and blue look awesome together. This was my quad, done with trans blue. I think copper sparkle would look good, too.

madskrillz2
04-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Ah ok I forgot all about that

Pappy
04-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Black and blue look awesome together. This was my quad, done with trans blue. I think copper sparkle would look good, too.

Quad KILLER!!!!:mad:

Scro
04-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Quad KILLER!!!!:mad:

Just hold your horses...there's another on the way:muscle:

Pappy
04-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Ill just get Cody to throw this one out of teh back of teh truck at 80 mph before you pick it up...save you the worry:devil:

Scro
04-08-2009, 09:57 PM
HAHA! It will probably come out nicer than when I get my hands on it:p

madskrillz2
04-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Scro, where are you from in North Alabama? I'm from Huntsville but I'm goin to school in Muscle Shoals.

Pappy
04-08-2009, 10:00 PM
You need a shirt with a stump and a big red circle with a slash through it:p

Scro
04-08-2009, 10:04 PM
You need a shirt with a stump and a big red circle with a slash through it:p

Hell, might as well add trees, fence posts, electric fences, other riders:D If it's in my way, I tend to have slow reaction times. Electric fences are no fun though:ermm:

I live in Sheffield, but I work in Huntsville at Intergraph. I didn't know you were from around here. You ought to go ride with us sometime, when I get my quad back together.

madskrillz2
04-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Hell, might as well add trees, fence posts, electric fences, other riders:D If it's in my way, I tend to have slow reaction times. Electric fences are no fun though:ermm:

I live in Sheffield, but I work in Huntsville at Intergraph. I didn't know you were from around here. You ought to go ride with us sometime, when I get my quad back together.

That's crazy! Hah, when I lived in Huntsville, I lived in English Village which is like 2 mile from intergraph. Yeah man I'll have to do that. Shoot, if you're in Sheffield I'm pretty much your neighbor lol.

Scro
04-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Yep, I'm actually in York Terrace, if you know where that's at.