PDA

View Full Version : polaris sport 400

beags86
04-08-2009, 07:47 PM
haha my cousin wanted to line them up. i asked if he would race my R (even thought i cant anyways:( ) and he said no he would give the ex a close race thou.. ha what a joke - he ended up haveing a good jump on me (because we had no starter) i reved first gear and we were even. and when i hit second the race was over. i ended up beating him by about 5-6 quads...

lol another one bites the dust. i'll sure it's nothing everyone didn't already know, but it's still fun to brag a bit.
and nice to know in the big dog word of the 700's and 450's that our 400's aren't just a small pooch

Newrider08
04-08-2009, 08:12 PM
I have only a pipe, jetting, and a uni filter and I dont race much but I have raced a yamaha blaster 240<< should have beat me but not a good rider, a yamaha warrior with some mods that didnt stand a chance, and a 400ex with a couple unknown mods and that too was a bad rider so I guess I do ok with racing as long as I keep finding people who ride worse than I do lol

beags86
04-08-2009, 08:28 PM
how about everyone else, what has everyone raced/ won/lost/ to???

deathcorefan2
04-08-2009, 08:34 PM
um sorry to tell you but if you mod those a bit [the scrambler] they will murder 400ex's lol i have seen the dynos that say 70-80 hp on pump gas! :eek2:

pickin_aggie08
04-08-2009, 08:37 PM
I had a buddy with a Polaris 400 too, and as well, he thought his would take mine being a two-stroke and all. But when we lined them up, it wasn't even a race after first gear. The ole 400ex still runs pretty good compared to a lot of stuff. I am itching to see how mine will run against some stuff after this weekend. I am putting on a JE11.5:1 416, a stage two hotcam, and a WB rev box!!!

Newrider08
04-08-2009, 08:38 PM
I had a Polaris Scrambler 400cc two stroke with a clutch kit and port and polish and it would FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I still regret getting rid of that thing, sporty when you want to go fast and 4x4 when you need to get out lol

beags86
04-08-2009, 08:40 PM
yeah thats cool, but he has pretty much the same mods as i have...

but i am talking about 2 real life quads, not a trailer queen sand dragon. i mean how many races would i lose if i had a fully built 500ex?

that same agreement can be made for any quad out there

i'll seen a built baster (i think something like 220cc) take out a semi built 250r..

a also seen a lt230 beat a lt250r... i mean come on?? really?? did i just see that??

not that there's any challenge to rideing a polaris...it still comes down to rider, and rider weight, as well

cam19aro86
04-08-2009, 08:40 PM
I don't know about 70 - 80 HP but they can be really quick machines. go to azbadboyz.com

deathcorefan2
04-08-2009, 08:41 PM
aaen performance stage kits for scrambler 400 two stroke...

http://www.aaenperformance.com/images/Power400.gif

ahem..and i said on pump gas.
you can't build everything this powerful on pump gas.

pickin_aggie08
04-08-2009, 08:45 PM
beags go ask sanddraging28 on these forums, i believe he has a decked out 500ex. I bet he wouldnt mind telling you what all you can outrun!

deathcorefan2
04-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by pickin_aggie08
beags go ask sanddraging28 on these forums, i believe he has a decked out 500ex. I bet he wouldnt mind telling you what all you can outrun!

well according to a cocky 450r owner i know, there is NOTHING i can do with any amount of money to a 400ex to beat his bone stock 05 lmfalmfaolmfao

beags86
04-08-2009, 08:48 PM
lol how much does stage 5 cost??
-more money then i would ever put into a non-snowmoblie polaris

yeah i see that sanddraging has one, kind of hopeing he'll pipe up.

beags86
04-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by deathcorefan2
well according to a cocky 450r owner i know, there is NOTHING i can do with any amount of money to a 400ex to beat his bone stock 05 lmfalmfaolmfao

yeah i know i been down that road already.. but for reason they never want to race the 250r:confused:

deathcorefan2
04-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by beags86
lol how much does stage 5 cost??
-more money then i would ever put into a non-snowmoblie polaris

yeah i see that sanddraging has one, kind of hopeing he'll pipe up.

$2,000 for stage 5.

not much when your talking a 75 Hp monster sand dragster.

pickin_aggie08
04-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Then i guess when i saw a pretty modded 440 outrun a 450 no problem, i was seeing things??? It had some stuff done to it, but its a long shot from there is NOTHING you can do to one! lol!

beags86
04-08-2009, 09:02 PM
well thats not bad.. i've never seen anyone really hardcore mod a sport.. i suppose i could click on there forum, but that would just be to much work for a polaris. which makes me come to this conculsion. 75 horse or not at that end of the day your still on a polaris.. so you want to race that thing.. ok i'll meet you in the woods.

deathcorefan2
04-08-2009, 09:07 PM
well thats not bad.. i've never seen anyone really hardcore mod a sport.. i suppose i could click on there forum, but that would just be to much work for a polaris. which makes me come to this conculsion. 75 horse or not at that end of the day your still on a polaris.. so you want to race that thing.. ok i'll meet you in the woods.

dude polaris's are awesome. i ride and honda and i will tell you that.

ok. meet me in the woods. if im on a 525.
how bout that? :devil:

beags86
04-08-2009, 09:09 PM
ok then i get the ktm 450:muscle:

deathcorefan2
04-08-2009, 09:19 PM
ok then i get the ktm 450:muscle:

but that has nothing to do with polaris..unless you count that it's the same motor..my point being scramblers are way underrated. modded are one of the fastest things out there. if it is running that much HP on pump. imagine on alky.

...yeah scary.

beags86
04-08-2009, 09:24 PM
sorry let me reprase.. the ktm powered polaris... or otherwise known as the only cool polaris made

bigredisb
04-08-2009, 09:53 PM
aaen performance stage kits for scrambler 400 two stroke...

http://www.aaenperformance.com/images/Power400.gif

ahem..and i said on pump gas.
you can't build everything this powerful on pump gas.

Too funny. Olaf (sp?) Aaen lives just down the road from me. His shop is pretty cool to see. He does a lot of his own r&d and I see him ripping around on a bunch of sleds and stuff. I dont doubt you can get that much from one but my concern is how many belts do you keep with you?
The Fuji engine (who use to build the 400 for Polaris) was extremely corked up and not much was available for power adders. I used to have a 350L Polaris and it would eat a 400L (commonly called the sportsman) over and over. I never did understand why they corked the 400 so bad.
I had a lot of fun with my Polaris but I was glad to see it go in the end. It was always something broke.

Sanddraging28
04-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Here i am!!!!!!!
sorry guys. i have been real busy with doctors.
Update on my injury....No surgery:D :D
6 to 8 weeks and i am back to normal(normal used loosely)

when it comes to racing anything can happen.

i saw some talk about my 500ex.
Beags86 said something about a trailer queen.
Yep mine is one. but if you spent almost $10,000 on a drag bike it would be a trailer queen too!!!

i am glad to see somebody makes a stage 5 kit for the scrambler....i will still eat them up and spit them out.
i am making an estimated 85+ hp on a single cylinder 4-stroke.

hey deathcorefan2,
i'll race you:devil: :devil:, and tell that guy with the 450r to come too. i have a 426 that will make him cry.
its not always about CC's. it takes a lot more than a piston to build a powerfull motor.

i have raced 250r's,700xx,banshee's,LTR500's,sno-mo powered bikes,R1 and zx-10 powered bikes.I have done a 300ft sand drag in 3.994 sec at 90mph. i have won and i have lost. it depends alot on the rider and the track. i have beat bikes that i should have never beat and been spanked by bikes that ran like ****. anything can happen.
its not always about the bike, a fast bike with a ****ty rider is still gonna lose!!!

honda400ex2003
04-08-2009, 10:19 PM
whooped up on some 350 raptors with some stuff done warriors and pretty much even with a 426ex. while mine was pretty much stock before the 416. havent raced anything since it got rebuilt except a qaudracer 250 that I stomped bad. steve

BEAVER.989
04-09-2009, 10:03 AM
I had a 400 Scrambler with just bolt-ons that ripped. It smoked 400EX's and even stock Banshees in drags.

While it was fun it seemed to always be broken...

deathcorefan2
04-09-2009, 11:52 AM
to answer the belt question..you would go through ONE.
a heavy duty belt from a polaris builder like aaen or hot seat is amazing. i had a 250 trailblazer had the stock belt through everything. even water to the handlebars and no slip.

the belt slipping for popos is mostly a myth. that is why the 850 XP is like the mud champion lol.

anyway we have kind of turned this thread around... the point is a 400 scrammy well built WILL blow the wheels off you if you are not carefull. stock however, they are dogs.

lol i will also seem crazy for saying this...did you know with AZbad boyz power kit for the 250 trailblazer, you will keep up with a stock 400ex.

and with aaens stage 5 for the 250 you get 42 hp.

lol yeah crazy right.

Dangerous400EX
04-09-2009, 04:11 PM
I have a 400 Xplorer 4x4 with the same 400L motor and it goes pretty good stock. With a clutch kit they have no problem pulling wheelies in low gear. It does over 60mph no problem stock also.

I would line my 400 up with any 4x4 quad and do pretty well, I know it will smoke 660's and a lot of 700's. My only complaint is no IRS and the smoke smell, my EX has me spoiled on that.

It would need more than a pipe to beat my EX though I think

beags86
04-09-2009, 05:07 PM
dude polaris's are awesome. i ride and honda and i will tell you that.

ok. meet me in the woods. if im on a 525.
how bout that? :devil:

not to start this debate again.. but i was talking about a polaris 400 vs a 400ex in the woods. stock to stock there is no comparsion. and if you were to mod them you would have to spend more money on the polaris to get it to match the ex.. i am talking about suspension here

seventythree
04-09-2009, 06:56 PM
how about everyone else, what has everyone raced/ won/lost/ to???

I raced a stock Raptor 660 with a smaller countersproket from a stop to top speed, we also had my Kawi BF650SRA in the mix cause it has a speedo and tops out at 65mph. I was slightly faster and topped out at about 67-68mph. I have a pipe and jetting and weigh 40lbs less than the guy I raced. Our group also had a Polaris outlaw500, he wouldn't bite though

deathcorefan2
04-09-2009, 07:37 PM
not to start this debate again.. but i was talking about a polaris 400 vs a 400ex in the woods. stock to stock there is no comparsion. and if you were to mod them you would have to spend more money on the polaris to get it to match the ex.. i am talking about suspension here

the 400 scrammys that come with fox shocks handle very well..the others are OK at best.

droppedmazda
04-09-2009, 08:55 PM
hey sanddraggin, what did u go 3.90s on? and where do u race? i have 400ex drag bike, its a pretty small motor as far as drag bikes but its fast.

ill race any 450s or most 250r. anybody that tells u that no 400ex will beat a 450 is and idiot. i've got a trail bike that i'll pull up against trail 450s. and bring an 400 polaris and i'll race it to.

Sanddraging28
04-09-2009, 09:02 PM
i had a banshee triple for about 3 yrs. got tired of the 2 stroke BS. everybody has them.
i race alot at Little sandy in Grayson,KY.
i also race at all the county fairs around here. easy way to make some spending money. everybody with a four wheeler thinks they can race.....its funny to watch.
i race my 426 in the 400 class. not hard to win :D
what part of KY are you in???

the best so far on my 500ex was a 4.80 @ 77mph.

droppedmazda
04-09-2009, 09:15 PM
i'm from campbellsville. i've been to little sandy but our bike was tore up so we just watched. i'll be at most of the fair races around here this year. my bike runs bout 4.90s all motor, i havn't got any spray for it yet but if i get beat it will have. i noticed on one of your posts that you have a crank works crank, yours is the only other one i have ever seen besides mine. what size is yours? most of the ones i have seen have falicon cranks.

RATPACK Z400
04-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Sanddragging28, whats your hp ? cause I have friend with 502ex and the most hps he got was 45hp 85 seems way out there for that quad even with nitrois and a rocket straped to the back of it.

Sanddraging28
04-09-2009, 09:37 PM
your down there near E-town.
we go to fire school in e-town every year.
i have a falicon rod and my crank is +5mm.
the 4.80 was with a small shot and zippers. this year i have doubled the spray and put a set of paddles on it. i am hoping for 4.40's. i am also a big guy, 290. my little brother has run a 4.59.
i was going to run next weekend, but with my little injury i will have to wait a bit.

droppedmazda
04-09-2009, 09:39 PM
45hp is way low for that size motor. i dont know if 85 is right got 45 is way low. our last bike was a 490 and it was pushin about 60hp on motor.

Sanddraging28
04-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
Sanddragging28, whats your hp ? cause I have friend with 502ex and the most hps he got was 45hp 85 seems way out there for that quad even with nitrois and a rocket straped to the back of it.

if your buddy only does 45HP on a 502 then that bike is a POS.
i have seen 426 motors that put out more hp than that.
i have seen dyno runs of 465 motors running high 60's
and a 500ex at almost 74hp.
so with the nitrous kit i have, 85HP seems to be a reachable expectation!!

deathcorefan2
04-09-2009, 10:01 PM
hey sanddraggin, do you want a 450r?
that guy i was talking to is so confident in his 450r i bet he would race pinks.

no joke dude. he says no matter what you have done to a 400ex he will destroy it. he said there is NO POSSIBLE way to keep up. i was like ooooook.
but wow i bet if you raced pinks you could take his bike...welll i know you could.

lol

im not far from you.

Sanddraging28
04-09-2009, 10:11 PM
where is henryville????

he must not really know much about four wheelers.
is he talking about straight line racing???
if so i would demolish him in a drag race.
i have seen well built 426's and 440's out run a 450r.
if he is dumb enough to make that bet then i would bring the big trailer so i had a way to bring it home:D
i am almost positive that my 426 would take him also.
he just needs to get a little more familiarized with what he is talking about before he finds himself without a four wheeler.
give me some time to recover from my injury's and i will race him if he wants.
it will make an awesome youtube video

droppedmazda
04-09-2009, 10:45 PM
heytheres a race this weekend in stanford, ky. if he wants to race for pinks, tell him to come on down to the track and ill take his bike.

sanddraggin what is ur 60 foot time? im guessin that ur crank is either a 6mm or 7mm with a 440 kit. right?

Sanddraging28
04-09-2009, 10:58 PM
mine is a 465 with a +5 crank..
i run about 1.6 60ft on a good day

deathcorefan2
04-10-2009, 11:26 AM
henryville is 20 miles north of louisville,

not really far..

but i KNOW he would race. i told him if he gave me time to build mine...like a year or two to get money and build that i would put 2 grand on a race and he was like "YOU WOULD LOSE THAT MONEY TOO" i was like what if i went to FST and got a 500ex. he was like it doesnt matter, there is nothing you can do to a 400ex to make it run with my 450r.

i laughed.

RATPACK Z400
04-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Hear we go again! Another campfire story of incredible ex hp and dominance over all quads this time a 500ex with nos that he thinks has 85 hp and a 426 that smoke 450r,s man you ex guy,s tell some whopper,s keeping coming!

Sanddraging28
04-11-2009, 12:15 AM
first off, dominance over all is nowhere close to what has been said!!! learn some reading comprehension jackass!!

i hope that you have a slightly modded 450r and have raced a completely built 426..if not...i don't see why you felt the need to speak up. let me guess you are trying to add to your post count!!!! i have many times taken 450r's in dirt and sand drags...

please tell us what qualifications you have that you know so much more about the 400ex then we do. i have a feeling you are a backyard atv know-it-all that spends all his time reading about other people's experience's.

please all mighty one, tell me what my bike will dyno, since it seems that you know so much more about my bike than i do...........oh that's right......you heard from a guy, who heard it from guy, who read it somewhere...
lets do the math together...
completely built 500ex stroker = approx 65hp
Boonedocker Nitrous kit=20hp
what is 65+20????

i don't want you to hurt yourself so i will give you the answer.....

its 85....

i am going to say that you ride a Z400 by your screen name.....please correct me if i am wrong. why don't you take that z400 and come meet me at little sandy raceway in grayson, KY and we will see how fast you think you are, as i have no problem whipping your *** in front of the whole crowd.
go back to wherever it is you came from..we have way to many know-it-all pricks here alreay. no room for another.

droppedmazda
04-11-2009, 01:21 AM
hey man what do u think of your falicon rod and how do u think its gonna hold up to the bigger shot. i ve got a corrilo rod or however you spell it. i'm wantin to put a nx wet system on with probably about a 20 shot. i've got 14.1 custom made piston and i don't know how it' gonna hold up but they said a 20 shot shouldn't be a problem.

RATPACK Z400
04-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Dude go to the dyno section in this forum and look at what some of the top builder,s have built the ex motor to do, 60hp is the most they have got period.there,s a section thats say what the most a 400ex hps.if you have,nt put the nos on it dont do it, it will blow up quick! another friend had 502 then added nos blow first time he rode it.you be lucky to get one run out of it.not worth it.but if you want to blow your several thousand dollar motor have fun!

Sanddraging28
04-11-2009, 10:43 AM
i have about 25 pass's on this motor so far and have had no problem with at all.
if he blew a motor on the first pass then one of three things happened...
1. to much spray.
2. the motor wasn't built correctly
3. he has no idea what the hell he is doing.
the more i think about it, it may be a little of all three!!
as far as the dyno section, i think you are full of ****. i know for a fact that there are big name engine shops that have gotten more than 70hp out of a N.A. fully built 500ex. so i don't have any reason to believe that with the way my motor is built i can't reach 65 hp. there is always a chance that i am wrong, but i doubt it.
please fill us in on how you know so much about building high HP 400ex motors. you better have more than 10 yrs experience to be telling me how to build my motor's!!!
like my said in my last post, unless you have something constructive to add to this thread, please piss off. i don't want to have to keep justifying myself to someone that obviously doesn't have any real hands on experience with high HP 400ex's. and if you buddy wants some lessons on building a nitrous motor, have him get a hold of me. i will help him out!!!!

Droppedmazda,
i went with the Falicon rod because it is a little lighter and just as strong as the Carrillo rods. another reason is that you don't have to clearance a falicon rod as much to clear 4th gear when you run bigger that a +4 mm crank. when it comes to the bigger shot, i don't foresee a problem. i dropped about half a point on compression and changed my timing a little.
i don't know if i would try a 20 shot on a 14 to 1 motor. that might be a little to much for the head design to handle. a 10 shot would be about as i high as i would go. if you do try it let me know how it turns out

droppedmazda
04-11-2009, 12:06 PM
sanddragin do u have an overide tranny and do u build your own motors? we might try to come to little sandy this year a time or two. i'd like to take a look at your bike and maybe even get a race or two in. i'm not callin you out or anything i'd just like to see what your bike has got. if its gonna get down in the .40s, i'd deffinately like to see it.

Sanddraging28
04-11-2009, 12:20 PM
i use a cut tranny and a pingel electronic shifter with out the ignition interrupt.
i do 90% of my own motor work. i have a good friend at cropper race engines that does my machine and head work.
i am recovering from a nasty injury right now so it will be at least 2 months before i will be back at little sandy. once i am healed i am there almost every weekend that i am not at the fire dept. let me know when you are going. i am really hoping that it will get into the .40's, of course that is with my 130lb little brother on it!!!!
we are also thinking about going to W.V. a couple times this year. there is a blacktop 300ft track, i don't really know much about it or even really where it is.

deathcorefan2
04-11-2009, 02:44 PM
so what is your injury and how long is recovery? is an 05 450r worth your trip to here?

i want to see him get beat lol.

Sanddraging28
04-11-2009, 02:47 PM
i broke my ankle about a week ago. i fell off the top of a firetruck. i dont need surgery but i have to stay off it for 6 to 8 weeks and then a little physical therapy, and i will be back to racing.

if he is really wants to put his bike on the line then i will for sure make the 2 hour drive up there!!!!!

deathcorefan2
04-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Sanddraging28
i broke my ankle about a week ago. i fell off the top of a firetruck. i dont need surgery but i have to stay off it for 6 to 8 weeks and then a little physical therapy, and i will be back to racing.

if he is really wants to put his bike on the line then i will for sure make the 2 hour drive up there!!!!!

sweet ill say something to him. keep in touch. lol

droppedmazda
04-12-2009, 01:39 AM
when u get healed up, pm your phone number and i'll give u a call and we'll try to get over there to do a little racing. we'll prolly bring the raptor that i ride also so i might not have alot of time to race the 400 cause the rappy takes alot of my time at the track but i'll get in a few races on the 400 anyway.

Newrider08
04-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Sand you really know you S*&T about 400ex's thats for sure brother, I always like reading your posts because you are a no bs kinda guy that tells exactly whats up and I respect that, keep up the good work brother and I will continue to read

Sanddraging28
04-12-2009, 05:32 PM
like i have said before, i only give advice on things that i have hands on experience with. while not everybody will agree with my advice, i am ok with that. i know that there are people out there that have more knowledge than me and i am willing to listen to what they have to say. thats the only way you learn.
when it comes to MX,CX,GNCC type of setups i have limited knowledge, as i dont do that kind of racing.
i spend all my time on the drag strips. dirt, sand, and blacktop. the large majority of my experience is with building motors. so i try to limit my advice to motor work and drag racing. i appreciate the post... if there is ever anything i can do to help, let me know. :cool: :cool:

deathcorefan2
04-12-2009, 07:00 PM
hey i talked to one of the three guys that say no 400ex will beat a 450 today..not the owner, his friend and i told him you have a 426 that you will bet on and he said that without a bottle your 426 will not come close.

and i said that you run a 14.56 @ 96 and he said the 450r would do that.

i laughed.

Sanddraging28
04-12-2009, 07:04 PM
let me recover and i will show him a thing or two!!!!
did you say that its a bone stock 450r????

deathcorefan2
04-12-2009, 07:18 PM
let me recover and i will show him a thing or two!!!!
did you say that its a bone stock 450r????

RIGHT!
BONE FREAKING STOCK.
NOTHING DONE.

and to top it off. it is an older one. an 05 i believe.

HAHAHAHAH

i am not sure he will race pinks. but i know he will put money on it.

HEY bet him his carb then give it to me.

lol

Sanddraging28
04-12-2009, 07:21 PM
this is going to make one hell of a you tube video as well as a awesome right up thread on here!!!!

sounds like we are going to the tittie bar with his money:eek2: :eek2:

deathcorefan2
04-12-2009, 07:22 PM
this is going to make one hell of a you tube video as well as a awesome right up thread on here!!!!

sounds like we are going to the tittie bar with his money:eek2: :eek2:

he is saying he is going to sell it. so lets hope you recover before he sells.

blue_ex_rider
04-12-2009, 09:53 PM
sanddraggin I have seen a few drag races in my day and a 4.8 pass at 77 mph jus dont add up reall well a 77mph pass is around a 4.0 pass and a 3.9 pass you were talkin earlier at 90 is a lil off as well a 90 mph pass would be in the 3.5 range . Wat was the 4.58 that you made wat was the mph on it? Also could you tell me what your 400ex weights? I would like to see a few pics of your bike if you dont mind as well.

Sanddraging28
04-12-2009, 10:24 PM
not sure where you race but on average where i race a 75 to 77 mph run is about a 4.3 or 4.4
the times to add up when you are dealing with a bike that blows the tires out of the hole and try's to dig to china. also we are dealing with shifting problems with the pingel shifter. after 60ft the it digs in and takes off. so once we figure out the right tire and suspension setup our times will most definitely improve.
the 4.58 was a 81mph pass. and i am thinking that it weighs about 370
as i have been asked many times for pics of my bike, that bike has only been together since the middle of January.i had it setup to take some at little sandy raceway last weekend but i had an accident at work and i am unable to leave the house let alone make it to the drag strip. but as i see you are in kentucky, you are welcome to come and look at all the bikes in our shop!!!!!

blue_ex_rider
04-12-2009, 10:53 PM
well you said you ran a 1.6 60 so with 77 mph your still no were around a 4.8 pass. To run a 4.5 pass at 81 mph and a 4.8 pass at 77 mph and a 3.9 pass at 90 mph you all would have to 60 at 2.0 to 2.2 and you said you 60 around 1.6 which i no you said that was the best but your not gonna vary that much from a 1.6 to a 2.2so i dont understand. Also I dont see a 370 pound 400ex with a 60 foot of 2.2 running a 4.5 . Your times weight and mph jus dont add up quiet right here something is a little fishy about this story not saying it cant happen but id have to see it to believe it. If your bike ran a 4.5 at 81 mph and your 60 foot was a 2.0 you have the fastest 4 stroke oem bike in america i guess because a good 60 on an oem is around a 1.40 to 1.50 and with that there only running 4.0's to 4.1's at around 78 to 80 mph so if you get that bike of yours to 60 at 1.5 youll be somewhere in the ange of a 3.8 to 3.9 pass. So you better hurry up and load that bad boy up and get it down to the fastest on the planet which is taking place at Planet Sand this weekendin Louisiania casue you might just have the fastest oem chassis 4 stroke in the world on a 400ex. Not to mention there bikes weight about 280 pounds with a 130 pound rider. You not only might have the fasest but the heaviest as well.

deathcorefan2
04-13-2009, 05:49 PM
are you anywhere near nolin lake KY?

i have a place down there!
we should meet up and go to royal atv park!!!

yay sleepovers :p

hahaha

blue_ex_rider
04-14-2009, 05:56 PM
hmmm

04-14-2009, 07:04 PM
haha way to put RATPACK Z400 back in his place SandDraging. I envy you're knowledge of engines and quads for that matter. Just wanted to say thanks for all of the help you have given to people including myself in this forum. Keep it up!

deathcorefan2
04-14-2009, 07:26 PM
are you anywhere near nolin lake KY?

i have a place down there!
we should meet up and go to royal atv park!!!

yay sleepovers :p

hahaha

anyone???

ANYONE??!??!?!

lol

blue_ex_rider
04-26-2009, 12:52 PM
were not to far from that area but i dont do any trail riding lol

RATPACK Z400
04-26-2009, 01:42 PM
I wont to know why is it that a 400ex can pull more hps and torque than a 450r? at the same cc?and how can a 25hp engine (ex) triple in hp with a 100cc without a turbo/nit/etc ? Im no builder but thats unreal! one builder put it this way every 10ccs to every hp sounds about right .so and my buddys 502ex beat his new 450r on pavement in dragrace and on hillclimbs it was a bad ex but not near 60 hp and it was built in 2002 Im sure by now people have got more hps out of the ex motor, it was built for real riding!

droppedmazda
04-26-2009, 03:37 PM
ok say every 10cc is one hp which is not true but we will just say it is. what about a ported head,cam,titanium valves and retainers, high compression piston, lighter crank and flywheel,pipe,jets,carb,cdi,and filter? none of these parts change your ccs at all but your gonna gain horsepower. my bike also is on alky so theres a couple horses. also you can degree the cam and gain a little. a good head will gain you more hp than any other part you can put on one. my bike is only a 460 but if it isn't making 58-60 hp, i'll quit. im not saying that a every 500 is gonna make 65-75 hp but with the right parts its possible. there are 450rs out there making almost 100 hp now and running 3.9s in 300 ft. thats a hell of alot faster than my ex. i raced a 520r last night and beat it but my overide tranny is what helped me the most to beat it. i'm not tryin to say that my ex will beat any 450r out there but i dont think theres a trail bike out there that wants to line up beside me.

RATPACK Z400
04-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Maybe the 10cc per hp is on pump gas ? a 100hp 450r bored to a 520 ccs what does that thing run on ? alch/met you guys got to have some vids of times so we can see i dont want to be mean but when I hear stuff and see no evidence its all talk to me and Ive heard alot on this forum not trying to call you two liars just give us a little vidio/pic of times, dynos ,I put that much in motor work I would have dynos done ,to see improvements when thing got done after motor got worked on to see what needed to be looked at etc . you guys haven,t produced nothing to your claims and thats why Im and blue-ex-rider are asking I just a little more brass about it and Im sorry for it.so if you could show us some dynos,or youtube run at the sand strip!that would be sweet to see ,never seen ex run that fast or ever heard of one!

droppedmazda
04-26-2009, 11:31 PM
1hp per 10cc could be right on pump gas, i'm not exactly sure. i never said the 520 that i raced was 100 hp. i said there are some out there pushing mid 90s that are bigger than 520s. i tried to get some video last night but he didn't get any. i wanna dyno it bad but i don't know of any around here and i'm laid off so i'm kinda broke and i would rather spend what little money i have on parts than on a sheet of paper that tells my horsepower. i have a hard time right now paying entry fees. there is a 400ex here that has run 3.4s in 200 ft. its the record holding bike. blue_ex_rider has never called me out on here. hes one of my good friends and goes to the races with me everytime there is one. he knows exactly what my bike runs and about the horsepower of it. we run 3.7s and 3.8s last night. its not what i was going for but we did have a couple problems and hope to get them worked out before the next race. i told you i'd be the first to tell you what i run and i did. i'm going for 3.6s on motor and i think we can do it after we get a few problems worked out. last night was the first race we've been to and expected a few problems. blue_ex_rider was the one that was goin to get the video but the track we went to is kind of wierd and it was hard to tell when i was gonna run and by the time he got the camera on it was over. we will get some video of the bike and some time slips when we get a chance.

droppedmazda
04-29-2009, 10:31 PM
im curious for your next reply ratpack.

deathcorefan2
04-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
Maybe the 10cc per hp is on pump gas ? a 100hp 450r bored to a 520 ccs what does that thing run on ? alch/met you guys got to have some vids of times so we can see i dont want to be mean but when I hear stuff and see no evidence its all talk to me and Ive heard alot on this forum not trying to call you two liars just give us a little vidio/pic of times, dynos ,I put that much in motor work I would have dynos done ,to see improvements when thing got done after motor got worked on to see what needed to be looked at etc . you guys haven,t produced nothing to your claims and thats why Im and blue-ex-rider are asking I just a little more brass about it and Im sorry for it.so if you could show us some dynos,or youtube run at the sand strip!that would be sweet to see ,never seen ex run that fast or ever heard of one!

well what do YOU have and how many horses is IT pumping out?

RATPACK Z400
04-30-2009, 08:29 PM
There is no more to say i just haven,t heard of a 400ex that put out 80hps wanted to see proof people say anything on here that all, show us a little something something just cant believe without seeing some kind of proof .

droppedmazda
04-30-2009, 08:32 PM
mine is nowhere near 80 hp. about 60 is what mine has. i will get some video of it racing this weekend but i can not afford to get it to a dyno at the time.