View Full Version : I going nuts!!! Can someone help me out??

1promodfan
04-08-2009, 01:09 PM
O.K. guys, I just got my 310 put together, still trying to get a few bugs out. I started out with a 185 main, and now I'm down to a 170 main. It still has a little miss on the top end. My concern is I don't want to lean my motor out. I put in a 168 main, and its runs much better (it really sings good)......but its still breaking up, even when I first get into the throttle.

Also, I noticed when I was riding my temp. went over 200....is that normal?? I run a stock radiator. And when I got back home, my pipe had some blueing on it where it comes off the motor. Isn't that a sign of it running lean???

Here is my setup.....ESR 310 cylinder/head, 72mm piston, Boyeson Rad valve, Kiehin PWK 36mm quadvent, (DEJ needle, 5* slide, 168 main jet, 55 pilot), stock boot, stock airbox no lid w/ K&N filter, ESR TRX-9 pipe/silencer, stock ignition. I run 93 octane fuel, Amsoil mix 35:1, the temp. gauge is on the line coming of the head going to the radiator.

I run almost at sea level, maybe sometimes a little over...ie...300-700ft.

Tommy Warren
04-08-2009, 01:16 PM
i'm not sure about the jetting but i wouldn't worry about the blue pipe. if its new than that just means you didn't clean it properly when you installed it. thats just some grease and stuff that you put on it when you installed the pipe and when it heats up that stuff hardens and stains your exhaust. you won't get it off now.

Honda 250r 001
04-08-2009, 01:49 PM
i haev a pwk 39 and i run a 170 main in it. Whats your plug look like? is it wet or black or what. I would go leaner. what puzzles me is over 200 is a little crazy. I dont run over 200 in the trails! Like i said what does your plug look like.

Grande Huevos
04-08-2009, 03:37 PM
i run 188 main 48pilot and needle on 2nd clip pos from top in my 310 and it runs awesome!! it will flux depending on ur porting. make sure air filt is clean, plug is new, ur getting good spark from ur cap, and keep playing w it dont forgett ur air screw. keep an eye on that plug u want a light or golden brown color. NOT dark and def not white!

Langbolt
04-08-2009, 04:22 PM
2 questions:

What is your compression ?

What clip position are you running with that DEJ needle ?

:devil:

1promodfan
04-08-2009, 04:51 PM
I haven't checked my compression yet. The clip is on the 3rd position. Does anyone have a CR250 ignition for sale for a decent price?????

EXtreme-
04-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Sounds like you're getting closer on the jetting. You ought to call ESR for the proper needle and pilot choice and then continue to dial in the mj. Save some agony. I don't have that carb, no advise.

As to the heat, be patient. It takes a gooooood ten hours or more to reduce the temps. Ours both ran hot for a long time and then began to drop to a comfy 180 degrees. I ran 225 on both motors in the woods and worse in traffic or tight trails with lousy airflow. Guage is in the right spot. I recall up towards 250 on the first full day of riding and did lots of cooldowns while my buddies grumbled.

Now we're running big rads and engine ice to protect the investment.

FL-R
04-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Im runnin their 310 also, I have a 38 A/S 180/52/ DGH needle 4th clip from the top, running engine ice, and a PWR and last weekend mine was running 225 through the woods, I also have one of them OMF Rad guards, I just drilled a crap load of holes in it to help it, And I had the air mix screw opened up quite a bit, Im in FL and it was about 90 and kinda sticky that day, Any sug- on mine as well. Sorry to Hijack

Witz
04-08-2009, 06:53 PM
One thing to check is your spark plug gap. With higher compression and the stock ignition system, it has a tendency to blow the spark out at higher rpm if the gap is too wide. Set the gap at .018" to help keep this from happening. I set mine to that on both motors with 225+ psi and they run fine.

1promodfan
04-09-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm gonna change the plug gap to .018" and hopefully that may help some. Someone told me to try a DGH needle. Has anyone else had any experience with those? The bike runs good other than the "skip" thats in it. I'm still a little frustrated!

Still looking for a CR250 ignition!!!

Honda 250r 001
04-10-2009, 03:14 PM
any updates?

1promodfan
04-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Yea, anybody got any dynamite??? :grr: I'm so tired of messing with it. It misses when you first get into the throttle, but then after you hit about 3rd gear, it seems to clear out. I've tried a lot of jets from a 165 to 185. I'm beginning to think I have a firing problem. Anybody have any suggestions????:confused:

Honda 250r 001
04-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Ive got dynamite!!! i will trade you. the top end for the dynamite. Did you try a new coil?

1promodfan
04-10-2009, 06:16 PM
No, thats my next move.

Motofool250r
04-17-2009, 07:57 PM
its possible your coil and spark plug boot are not making contact. i had a similar issue on my bike recently.

1promodfan
04-17-2009, 08:06 PM
I tried that, (CDI & coil) still didn't work. I got it running a little better, but its still busting up, just not as bad. I've been playing with my carb. and I still think the main is a little fat. I've got a 170 in it now, I may try a 168 or even a 165.

If I turn the idle screw in, shouldn't it idle up??

smokinwrench
04-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Read this, great jetting info.

http://www.duncanracing.com/techfaq/Tech_keihin-carburetion-jetting.phtml

I'm with you I have a 170 in mine with a esr 310 trx11 pipe 38mm airstryker ddj needle and mine is still rich. I will jet on it more tomarrow afternoon or Sunday and I'll let you know what I'm coming up with.

smokinwrench
04-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Hows your jettign going?

I got mine close today here are my exact specs. I might be a ltitle rich on the mid but I'll put it on the dyno next weekend to get it exact.

esr310 trx9 porting, 88 bottom end, 86 topend, spacer plate, rad vavle with power reeds, trx11 pipe, pump gas dome, 165 psi compression, 38mm airstryker, DDJ needle 3rd clip, 165 main, 7 slide, about 2,600 foot elevation

I got rid of a piped and filtered 525 and it was dang quick always near the front of the pack at sand drags at little sahara, but my seat of the pants dyno tells me this thing is insane fast compared to it. I can't keep the front end on the ground with turf tamers in sand I can't imagine what it will be like with paddles. I hope my long travel front end comes in intime for me to put it on before next weekends dune trip.

fulltiltrider
04-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Try a cej needle in the middle position to start. Also, where did you get that carb, Im not sure on the smaller pwk's but on the 38-39mm carbs you need a #6 slide. I jet my machines for the slow jet and needle first, then the main. You can take the main completely out of the carb to eliminate any chance of leaning it out doing guess work with the other circuits. That way you will know for sure when your on the main, it will fall on its face.

That 48 pilot should be close, but try that cej needle. Those D@# needles are all rich needles. Your throttle responce will go through the roof. Good luck!!!

1promodfan
04-20-2009, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by fulltiltrider
Try a cej needle in the middle position to start. Also, where did you get that carb, Im not sure on the smaller pwk's but on the 38-39mm carbs you need a #6 slide. I jet my machines for the slow jet and needle first, then the main. You can take the main completely out of the carb to eliminate any chance of leaning it out doing guess work with the other circuits. That way you will know for sure when your on the main, it will fall on its face.

That 48 pilot should be close, but try that cej needle. Those D@# needles are all rich needles. Your throttle responce will go through the roof. Good luck!!!

I've got a DEJ needle in it now, and also the slide is a 5*. I found out my slide was sitting a little high in the carb. So I lowered it down, and that made a HUGE difference, but it is still busting up.......just not as bad. The only thing is now is doen't want to idle. So your saying a CEJ needle may help me out as well???

fulltiltrider
04-20-2009, 01:26 PM
I think your slide may be the issue. Did you buy that carb new for a r? Like I said though, Im not sure on the smaller pwk carbs but, if you buy one used off a bike or something, the slide is a 5 and causes problems with jetting. Check and make sure you dont need a 6 slide. The cej is just what I, with testing about 8 other needles, as well as a few guys on macdizzy came up with being the best performing needle for a r between 250-330cc's

1promodfan
04-20-2009, 05:10 PM
I think your slide may be the issue. Did you buy that carb new for a r? Like I said though, Im not sure on the smaller pwk carbs but, if you buy one used off a bike or something, the slide is a 5 and causes problems with jetting. Check and make sure you dont need a 6 slide. The cej is just what I, with testing about 8 other needles, as well as a few guys on macdizzy came up with being the best performing needle for a r between 250-330cc's

Its the same carb I had with my old set-up. I didn't have these issues until I did my rebuild this winter. Right now the cilp is on the 2nd position from the top. I had it on the 3rd postion but it didn't run as good. The pilot jet is a 50..........I think I need a 48 or maybe even a 45.

My main is a 170, but I still think its a little rich, b/c its still breakin up on the top end too. It doesn't rev all the way out, even when its sitting still. I'll be so glad to get it right. Don't get me wrong, it pulls great but I know theres a little more there. Where is the best place to get slides and needles......Sudco??

fulltiltrider
04-21-2009, 06:23 AM
You have to go through a sudco retailer. You cant buy directly off them. I go through rjatv, the guys name is John and you can find him on everything2stroke.com, he is a site sponser. PM C-leigh racing, Neil, and ask him about that slide. He will know for sure.

1promodfan
04-21-2009, 07:58 AM
You have to go through a sudco retailer. You cant buy directly off them. I go through rjatv, the guys name is John and you can find him on everything2stroke.com, he is a site sponser. PM C-leigh racing, Neil, and ask him about that slide. He will know for sure.

Yea, trying to get a hold of Neil is like trying to talk to the Emperor of China:D He only lives about 2 miles from my brother and sister........so if I have to I'll just show up at his house...LOL

Do you think that I'm getting close on my jetting??

fulltiltrider
04-21-2009, 10:30 AM
You should do a plug chop. Should be getting close but, better safe than sorry. I never have a hard time getting ahold of Neil, I wish I lived that close to him lol.

1promodfan
04-21-2009, 12:00 PM
I have done some plug chops. The plug still looks dark......and by the way its running, I think I need to still go lower. I know a 165 may sound small, but I think I'll be really close there.

Neil told me to start with a 200. I started with a 185, and it wouldn't out run a ATC 70 with that in it.

adamson350r
04-21-2009, 12:53 PM
I know it sounds silly, how is the condition of your reeds?

1promodfan
04-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by adamson350r

You know, I thought of that. When I put them back in I thought they looked fine, but I think I'm gonna take them back out and check them.

Honda 250r 001
04-21-2009, 01:31 PM
what ever you do, dont go to far and seize it up. If you havnt checked your reeds since you put the top end on. thats prolly your problem. same exact thing happened to me. But i would not go much smaller than a 170. does it blow smoke when up on the top end?

fulltiltrider
04-21-2009, 02:25 PM

Good question, and for that matter, what kind of reeds. V force, Rad, stock? As long as you got color on the plug your not gonna burn it up. If you are still running a stock reed block it will take smaller jets. I know people will rip me for it but I run a ported stock cage with a ported boot and boysen dual stage pro series reeds, I like it better than my rad valve. Just as much bottem responce and more top end. imo

adamson350r
04-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Good advice. I would not go smaller than 170. Even 170 sounds a little too lean. At what throttle position is it gurgling at?

1promodfan
04-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Good question, and for that matter, what kind of reeds. V force, Rad, stock? As long as you got color on the plug your not gonna burn it up. If you are still running a stock reed block it will take smaller jets. I know people will rip me for it but I run a ported stock cage with a ported boot and boysen dual stage pro series reeds, I like it better than my rad valve. Just as much bottem responce and more top end. imo

O.K. I took my reeds out today...(Boyeson Rad Valve) and they looked good to me. No cracks or major chips, I couldn't see any light through them. I put in a 165 main, and it really started singing!!! It still has a little sputter mainly in first gear or if I'm just putt-n around and kinda nail it, it just kinda sputters.

But after I get going and hit 2nd gear no problems. I still haven't changed the pilot yet.

Motofool250r
04-21-2009, 08:33 PM
sounds like your pilot is too fat and it cleans up when you hit the mainjet.

you may find that if u go down on the pilot n get that right. then you might go up a touch on the main to keep it safe.

wes350x
04-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
O.K. I took my reeds out today...(Boyeson Rad Valve) and they looked good to me. No cracks or major chips, I couldn't see any light through them. I put in a 165 main, and it really started singing!!! It still has a little sputter mainly in first gear or if I'm just putt-n around and kinda nail it, it just kinda sputters.

But after I get going and hit 2nd gear no problems. I still haven't changed the pilot yet.

Try a friends carb and see if it makes a diffrence. I kinda had the same problem but mine would bog up in 1st and 2nd right before going into the powerband. I ended up just buying a new carb but I think the seat for the needle was actually wore, always seemed to run too rich. Now I have a 50 pilot, 182 main, 38 A/S carb, DDj needle 2nd notch. Runs like a champ. I just installed a cr250 ignition but havent had time to even crank it (1st son born Friday)

fulltiltrider
04-22-2009, 07:10 AM
Drop that pilot down to a 48 or 45. Ibet that will solve your problem. I just went back and saw you are running a 55. Thats huge. How far do you have the idle screw turned in to keep it running on that pilot lol. Thats a little tip for drag racers though, running a big fat pilot like a 65 will give a nice bump in hp in the top end providing you compensate with a smaller main. The well atomized "fog" you get from a pilot can be as much as an 8-10 hp gain in some instances. Of courseit wont run for crap in the low end lol.

adamson350r
04-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Remember 1/4 throttle is pilot jet and and rest is main jet. If it ran well before at half throttle don't drop down in a main jet before you get the pilot jet set. Be careful, you'll burn her up. Let me know what you find out. Normally you set the pilot jet before a main jet after a rebuild or getting a new carb.

fulltiltrider
04-23-2009, 07:01 AM
Remember 1/4 throttle is pilot jet and and rest is main jet.

Well, actually, pilot is up to 1/4, needle to about 3/4, then main. But you have to remember that when you make a drastic change on the pilot, it WILL effect the main. All the circuits bleed into the next if you know what I mean. Even the needle can have a slight effect over the main.

Best way to jet imo is to start with no main in the carb. Get your pilot set to where you can start the machine and keep it idleing with very little help from the idle screw, give it a few blips of the throttle and listen for rich sputters or lean bogs. Adjust accordingly. Then check your needle settings, ride it around and listen for the same sounds. Once you get the needle adjusted, start with a fat main and work your way down till it doesnt sputter on top any more. Now start your plug chops to fine tune the main.

1promodfan
04-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Well, actually, pilot is up to 1/4, needle to about 3/4, then main. But you have to remember that when you make a drastic change on the pilot, it WILL effect the main. All the circuits bleed into the next if you know what I mean. Even the needle can have a slight effect over the main.

Best way to jet imo is to start with no main in the carb. Get your pilot set to where you can start the machine and keep it idleing with very little help from the idle screw, give it a few blips of the throttle and listen for rich sputters or lean bogs. Adjust accordingly. Then check your needle settings, ride it around and listen for the same sounds. Once you get the needle adjusted, start with a fat main and work your way down till it doesnt sputter on top any more. Now start your plug chops to fine tune the main.

O.K. let me ask you this. Before I lowered my slide, my bike would idle.......now it doesn't. I tried to raise the slide again (just a little) and I was back sputtering again. I tried to play with the idle screw. I've turned it both ways and no change. I have the air mix screw out about 2 turns. So my question is, what do I do next?

I've thought of ordering a couple of new needles.....(maybe mine is worn?). I'm definatly going to order a 48 and 45 pilot. I know you recommended a CEJ, but I didn't see any in the catalog. I was going to order a DGH and a ???

Don't get me wrong my bike runs pretty good......other than these few little "issues". By the way, thanks for all the help. I tried getting help on another 250R site, and it seems unless your building a huge puma or saber motor, no-one will help. Thanks again!!!

fulltiltrider
04-23-2009, 12:19 PM
O.K. let me ask you this. Before I lowered my slide, my bike would idle.......now it doesn't. I tried to raise the slide again (just a little) and I was back sputtering again. I tried to play with the idle screw. I've turned it both ways and no change. I have the air mix screw out about 2 turns. So my question is, what do I do next?

I've thought of ordering a couple of new needles.....(maybe mine is worn?). I'm definatly going to order a 48 and 45 pilot. I know you recommended a CEJ, but I didn't see any in the catalog. I was going to order a DGH and a ???

Don't get me wrong my bike runs pretty good......other than these few little "issues". By the way, thanks for all the help. I tried getting help on another 250R site, and it seems unless your building a huge puma or saber motor, no-one will help. Thanks again!!!

I still think your main problem is the slide. It sounds just like the issues that come into play when someone buys a carb that was intended for a cr500 or a kawi. That 5 slide is bad news for jetting. I have my r setup that it almost stays running by itself with the idle screw turned the whole way out. The cut out on a 5 slide is flatter than a 6 hence why you have to raise the slide to idle.

1promodfan
04-23-2009, 02:02 PM
So, do you recommended me getting a #6 slide? If I so, am I back at square 1 when it comes to jetting??

Honda 250r 001
04-23-2009, 02:13 PM
well like fulltilt said, if the plug is not too white, run it leaner and see if it runs better, i would think that the slide would make it bog a little in the midrange or something. not mess up top end.

fulltiltrider
04-23-2009, 03:54 PM
So, do you recommended me getting a #6 slide? If I so, am I back at square 1 when it comes to jetting??

Not really, just when you change it and try it, listen for rich sputters or a lean bog while doing a plug chop. 1 quick run through the gears even if you are lean wont wad it up. Maybe bump your main back up to a 175 if you dont feel safe.

If it were me though Id just take the main out and get your other circuits right first. Its just easier that way.

1promodfan
04-30-2009, 06:57 PM
O.K. guys, here I am again. I bought a CEJ needle, moved to a 45 pilot and the SAME thing!!! Someone told me to try a DGK needle, so I think I'm gonna try that and maybe get a race gas dome, a hopefully run a fatter main.

This has been a pain in the rear-end!!!

I just don't understand why it sputters in 1st and 2nd gear, but then pulls great on the top. I don't have hardly any bottom. So, I'm hoping maybe by getting a different may help.

smokinwrench
04-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Somewhere in this thread I put the specs of my machien which it seemed like it was nearly identical to yours.

I put mine on teh dyno last weekend. Running a 55 pilot, DDJ needle 2nd clip, 165 main. I was rich through out. Mechanic says I can safely run 1 size smaller pilot and main and still be very safe, this was at 1,500 elevation. So maybe your not as lean as everyone keeps saying.

fulltiltrider
05-01-2009, 01:07 PM
I dont think your lean at all. I still think its your slide. Dont bother changing the needle again, the cej is a great needle for the r. Did you notice any more snap in the midrange since you put that needle in?.

I just looked back through the thread and I never saw what you had for compression. State your entire setup again just for sh*ts and giggles. Do you have a long rod crank, what size spacer. If you can give me a squish measurement that would be great. Dont worry man, we'll get it straightened out.

1promodfan
05-01-2009, 02:23 PM
I'll post up my set up later, but I have no idea how the measure the squish?? Do you have a #6 slide that you want to sell? Also, I plan on doing a compression check in the morning.

regg187
05-01-2009, 06:34 PM
When I needed to get a slide for the AS I looked to 98 and on KX's, cuz they came as OEM carbs then, pick up a whole PWK for 30 bucks on ebay slide included, just do some research as to what slide came as OEM and which were optional slides
kawasaki's website will have all the info you need. been there done that!

fulltiltrider
05-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by regg187
When I needed to get a slide for the AS I looked to 98 and on KX's, cuz they came as OEM carbs then, pick up a whole PWK for 30 bucks on ebay slide included, just do some research as to what slide came as OEM and which were optional slides
kawasaki's website will have all the info you need. been there done that!

The problem is, the slide that came with those bikes are #5's. The trx doesnt like that slide. It has to do with the crankcase pressures being different between the machines, one has more vaccume than the other. The trx likes the 6.

You can take a squish measurement by, holding 2 pieces of say .060 (or .080 if its that wide, I hope not) solder right up against the cylinder wall in line with the wrist pin on the piston. Have someone else turn over the kicker. Measure each one, they should be about the same. If your running pump fuel I like .040-.042, if race gas I like .035.

Aceman
05-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Just for reference, I just picked up a 38 A/S from ESR, it comes with #7 slide.

1promodfan
05-02-2009, 08:20 PM
I dont think your lean at all. I still think its your slide. Dont bother changing the needle again, the cej is a great needle for the r. Did you notice any more snap in the midrange since you put that needle in?.

I just looked back through the thread and I never saw what you had for compression. State your entire setup again just for sh*ts and giggles. Do you have a long rod crank, what size spacer. If you can give me a squish measurement that would be great. Dont worry man, we'll get it straightened out.

O.K. here is my setup again.....ESR 310 cylinder, long rod crank with a.. .(I think)....4mm spacer, pump gas dome, TRX-9 porting, w/ ESR TRX-9 pipe & silencer, Boyeson Rad valve, keihin 36 pwk quadvent (DGJ needle, clip in the middle, 45 pilot, 165 main), stock boot, stock airbox no lid w/ K&N filter,stock ignition My gearing is 13/38.

I went back to a DGJ needle b/c it ran worse with the CEJ. It ran the best today it has ran yet. It still has the sputter down low in 1st and 2nd gear, but it really runs great on the top. I went back to a 170 main just for kicks.......that didn't work.....so its back to a 165 main.

I bought some 110 octane race fuel, and I could tell it ran a little cleaner. I think by it sputtering so bad in 1st and 2nd, its making it feel like there is no bottom. Like if i'm putting in 1st and give it a handful of throttle, all it wants to do is break up. I'm thinking of trying a 42 pilot. I still need some help........?????

regg187
05-03-2009, 04:22 AM
The problem is, the slide that came with those bikes are #5's. The trx doesnt like that slide. It has to do with the crankcase pressures being different between the machines, one has more vaccume than the other. The trx likes the 6.

You can take a squish measurement by, holding 2 pieces of say .060 (or .080 if its that wide, I hope not) solder right up against the cylinder wall in line with the wrist pin on the piston. Have someone else turn over the kicker. Measure each one, they should be about the same. If your running pump fuel I like .040-.042, if race gas I like .035.

1998 kx 125 #6 slide, like I said you just gotta look!!!!!
97 250 ---#7 like I said what you need is there just look

I didn't want to print the models ,because now everyone knows and they will be harder to find, but when some UNENLIGHTENED soul says I'm incorrect, I have to show you I am correct and they are WRONG!!!

I wouldn't have posted it , if I didn't know it was correct.

ps 35 and 38 share the same slide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fulltiltrider
05-03-2009, 10:08 AM
1998 kx 125 #6 slide, like I said you just gotta look!!!!!
97 250 ---#7 like I said what you need is there just look

I didn't want to print the models ,because now everyone knows and they will be harder to find, but when some UNENLIGHTENED soul says I'm incorrect, I have to show you I am correct and they are WRONG!!!

I wouldn't have posted it , if I didn't know it was correct.

ps 35 and 38 share the same slide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well arent we a little pissy, Ive been the guy that responds to try and help the guy out. It all depends on the yr of bike. For that matter, you tried to tell the guy to buy a whole new carb. HE HAS A CARB, HE NEEDS A SLIDE. Trying to find the correct one by buying one off some ebay idiot that thinks so and so carb came off a certain bike is retarded, especially when he doesnt know himself. It wasnt like I was ignorant in my reply to your post. I love how people turn into computer tough guys as soon as they get a chance. That sh*t dont fly at the bar lol. Why didnt you just state what you know. Do you honestly think that just because YOU (like your the only one that knows this) gave out that little bit of info on one measly site that all the suddon your not going to be able to find one again cause the same 10 people that look at this thread now know your big seceret hahahaha . How many do you need, you got a monopoly on #6 and #7 slides or something. Here is a little tidbit, you know you can buy a 38a/s that came factory on a cr 250 00 model I believe, brand new from service honda for 165 bucks....OHH NO I let the cat out of the bag. I better go drain my bank account so I can buy as many as I can before all these guys go scarf em up hahahaha lol. TOOL

fulltiltrider
05-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Now that thats setteled lol. When you find a 6 slide, give that cej another shot. The cutout on the 5 slide combined with how lean a cej is would probably cause it to run like poop.

regg187
05-04-2009, 03:57 AM
hey , you said they all come with 5, that is incorrect almost none come with a 5. they come with 6's and 7's. personally I don't deal with idiots so I don't have the problems you must have had in the past buying used parts, but if you can pick up a whole carb for 30 -40 bucks- you've still beaten the price for a new slide. that being said the bonus is if your wrong and its not the slide, he didn't waste a bunch of money , buying something he didn't need, he could just resell the whole carb no harm no foul.

I was only "pissy" because you basically said what I had posted was wrong. But as you now know that isn't true, your post was trash and you still can't admit you made a mistake.
I'm done here, I hope he gets it running great, but I don't need your BS when I was trying to help the guy find a slide YOU said he needs.

fulltiltrider
05-04-2009, 08:45 AM
hey , you said they all come with 5, that is incorrect almost none come with a 5. they come with 6's and 7's. personally I don't deal with idiots so I don't have the problems you must have had in the past buying used parts, but if you can pick up a whole carb for 30 -40 bucks- you've still beaten the price for a new slide. that being said the bonus is if your wrong and its not the slide, he didn't waste a bunch of money , buying something he didn't need, he could just resell the whole carb no harm no foul.

I was only "pissy" because you basically said what I had posted was wrong. But as you now know that isn't true, your post was trash and you still can't admit you made a mistake.
I'm done here, I hope he gets it running great, but I don't need your BS when I was trying to help the guy find a slide YOU said he needs.

Whatever bud, you started the pissing match on a thread about trying to help a guy out. If you want to argue go to bansheehq, lots of guys to argue with there. I've seen many people try to buy so called pwk carbs on ebay only to find out they bought a 38pj with just pics of the quad vents and the side opposite where the idle screw would be. Would hate to see that happen to a good guy. Thats fine though, you can get what you want, I wont post here anymore. If anyone wants help with a 250r setup, you know where to find me.

Instead of acting like an ahole your post to my origanal reply should have been........hey, I think some of those bikes do come with the slide your looking for.......not a bash fest on a guy that has forgot more about 2 strokes than you will ever know.

1promodfan
05-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Hey, fulltilt don't leave just yet man. I've gotta get this thing figured out. Lets just get back on topic. I appreciate everyones help, but so far yours has gotten me this far.

Lets not worry about "he said, she said".......lets worry about getting my bike running right.:D

Regg, I appreciate your help too. So far, this site has been very helpful to me.

1promodfan
05-06-2009, 08:32 PM
O.K. so just for kicks I played with the needle. I put it on the 1st clip (leanest).....man!!!........what a difference!!! I mean this thing came alive!! So, now my question is, do I need to go from a DGJ needle to a DGK??? According to the Duncan website Keihin carb sheet, the DGK which would be leaner.......and is what I need.

Anymore advise?? I really don't want to run it on the 1st clip. I would feel more comfortable at least on the 2nd clip.

Motofool250r
05-06-2009, 10:57 PM
what does your plug say ?

is it rich?

1promodfan
05-07-2009, 06:09 PM
It looks a little on the rich side, but, I'd rather have it that way than lean.

I tried a #6 slide today that my brother has on his banshee...... fulltiltrider was right......it made a difference. It still has a "slight" miss, but I'm getting closer. I smoked a YFZ 450 today......feels great!!!:D