PDA

View Full Version : Cody's pics

Pappy
04-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Well, he has been in his photography class for about a month or so now. I see some improvements but can't figure out why the teacher has been drilling photoshop in them over basic photography skills:p

Pappy
04-08-2009, 12:40 PM
They had them make a pinhole camera, touched on film developing and basic composition, but havent even started exposure yet...but 3 weeks of photoshop:ermm:

Pappy
04-08-2009, 12:42 PM
I could see teaching the PS stuff AFTER they know how to properly expose a picture:p

Pappy
04-08-2009, 12:44 PM
He can make a magazine cover thanks to all the PS stuff he has learned, I dunno, maybe I am seeing it wrong

Eviltanker
04-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Maybe the teacher isn't that great and uses Phot Shop to compensate? I think if you can take real good pictures to begin with you really don't need PS

Pappy
04-08-2009, 12:45 PM
His timing is good, focus is spot on, lighting for whats available today is dead nuts.....but he didnt learn that in school:devil:

Pappy
04-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Eviltanker
Maybe the teacher isn't that great and uses Phot Shop to compensate? I think if you can take real good pictures to begin with you really don't need PS

Yes and no. All digital files need corrections, but that is basic edit work. She has been teaching them how to layout things in PS and they made an actual suedo magazine cover using any picture they wanted. I would be ok with it if it was edit work she was teaching, but IMO this has been a whole cart before the horse deal.

LOL..he even managed to catch his brother who took a shot to the jimmies after hooking a bad rut:p

03pete
04-08-2009, 01:52 PM
I Like that last pic pappy. I thought Cody totaled the 250?

Dan_Guetter
04-08-2009, 02:00 PM
A little photoshop never hurt anyone :)

kawabunga
04-08-2009, 04:22 PM
I remember doing pinhole cameras in my exploring photography class. Their a lot of fun to play around with and you can get some killer photos.
We also spent the first half of the semester in the dark room and shooting b/w film and developing everything ourselves before we even opened photoshop.
I think learning the basics and where photography came from is important.

Pappy
04-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
A little photoshop never hurt anyone :)

Bahhh, I hate the over saturated stuff:p My vision (mine not to imply it has to be anyone else's) is to bring back what I saw. I try and make it look like you were standing there.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3563/3418721384_1c7227fdfa_o.jpg

Pete, this was Codys spare. The dealerships didnt have a good flow of stock parts so we bought one just for an engine etc if needed. When he smoked the frame on the race quad, we decided to keep this one for my youngest son Ryan.

kawa..thats the way IMO it should be. A person wanting to learn photography needs the basics fully understood before they go to PS, and again, she isnt teaching typical edit work, but stuff that has zero to do with photography. More like graphic design work if ya ask me.

cglester
04-08-2009, 05:52 PM
I am not a big fan of PS; however, when it is used like in Pappys pic, it is definately nice to have. The other pic, IMO is too edited, if that makes sense. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

IOWAracer
04-09-2009, 12:33 AM
Not too bad Pappy speaking of Cody is he gonna race anymore?

Pappy
04-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Maybe, but for now no.

He is looking at a career that will require him to pass stringent physical exams so he really needs to heal up and be 100%. We figured if he took this season off, suffered no injuries, that next year we would look at things and see what we wanted to do. It works out for me because with the economy in the tank, building and keeping a machine ready would have been tough:p

He still rides for fun, and will continue to ride for us for quad reviews and photoshoots etc.

timmybreakitall
04-10-2009, 11:15 PM
following in his daddy's footsteps. IMO not a bad place to be in his case . You have to be proud.

Pappy
04-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Very proud, he is a good kid:p Proud of both my boys:D

I tell them I make mistakes so they dont have to....hopefully they learn from it all:p

Pappy
04-10-2009, 11:35 PM
I have to add to this a bit.

Today, at lunch time, Cody and I headed to our local lake to test out my new layout duck hunting boat. Cody took his fishing rod and some worms and after we launched the thing, I went off looking for Geese. So, I am gone for about 45 minutes, maybe an hour and when I come back, Cody is waiting at the boat ramp(only room for 1 in the layout boat)

I asked if he caught anything and he said no, he snapped his line within the first 5 minutes and didnt bring his tackle box. I asked him what the hell he had been doing for all that time and I apologised for not being back sooner. He said just walking the shoreline.

When I got to the truck, I saw enough garbage to fill 3 trash bags that he had picked up from around the dock and boat ramp. Thats what makes me proud, and no one had to tell him or ask him to do it. I dont know what I did to deserve such a good kid, but I am thankfull for it everyday:p

Im having this shot from today blown up for his wall....and will start saving for a layout boat for him for this coming duck season

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3376/3429204281_c433c92a26_o.jpg

<DRS>GPF
04-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
I have to add to this a bit.

Today, at lunch time, Cody and I headed to our local lake to test out my new layout duck hunting boat. Cody took his fishing rod and some worms and after we launched the thing, I went off looking for Geese. So, I am gone for about 45 minutes, maybe an hour and when I come back, Cody is waiting at the boat ramp(only room for 1 in the layout boat)

I asked if he caught anything and he said no, he snapped his line within the first 5 minutes and didnt bring his tackle box. I asked him what the hell he had been doing for all that time and I apologised for not being back sooner. He said just walking the shoreline.

When I got to the truck, I saw enough garbage to fill 3 trash bags that he had picked up from around the dock and boat ramp. Thats what makes me proud, and no one had to tell him or ask him to do it. I dont know what I did to deserve such a good kid, but I am thankfull for it everyday:p

Im having this shot from today blown up for his wall....and will start saving for a layout boat for him for this coming duck season

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3376/3429204281_c433c92a26_o.jpg

a "good" parent is the result of a "good" person is the result of a "good" child is the result of a "good" parent....

anyway.. mushy moments aside..

how big can you blow up pics?

"pimping" some of those pics (nature or sport)to those wall mural places might be something to consider.(if you havent already)

XCRacer236
04-11-2009, 09:26 AM
just curious what is Cody wanting to do?

Pappy
04-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350
just curious what is Cody wanting to do?

Some form of Wildlife Biologist

DRS- Billboard size if needed:p

OutlawEX
04-12-2009, 12:16 AM
If you are wanting to get a little more performance out of that raptor 250 I got a place for you. I sent Rage ATv a whole raptor 250 to do R&D on and he built a 31hp raptor 250. He has a whole combinaton of parts

Brandon

Gray33
04-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Nice pics, I took Digital photo and all we learnt was the differnt types of parts of a camera. And all you had to do to pass the class was take 100 random photos and upload them to a slideshow lol. So, in my opinion your son is learing more than what we learnt. But, not to get off topic but how much does photoshop cost?

Pappy
04-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Last I checked it was $600 or so. If you are a student, you can get it for less then $200.

Outlaw, the stock power is more then sufficient for my youngest son, Cody is on 450's now:p

Pappy
04-13-2009, 06:41 PM
I geuss you coud say his mini days are behind him:p

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3641/3439401315_f58f3b8bd0_o.jpg