PDA

View Full Version : bar vibes

redonkulousruntsracing
04-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Anyone ever heard of or tried filling the handlebars with silicone like RTV silicone to dampen vibrations? I remember someone telling me that it works, or am I just out of my mind?

tyler70t
04-08-2009, 03:48 PM
I have been debating on trying that foam insulation but I might just make a big mess, any thoughts?

wvspeedfreak
04-08-2009, 07:43 PM
FasstCo makes some brass inserts that go in the end of the bars.We have used them and they seem to help.
I filled some bars with silicone one time and it didn't seem to make much difference.

TTracer#22
04-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Fill your steering stem with foam spray it works great and is still very light weight

airmobile101
04-09-2009, 05:31 AM
The foam does work, the problem is getting it all the way into the bars. I had some old Roll Design anti-vibe clamps that I rigged up also for my sons quad.

redonkulousruntsracing
04-09-2009, 06:50 AM
Ive heard both foam or silicone, I figure for what it costs for a couple tubes of RTV silocone or a can of foam, what could it hurt?

Tyler 70t - Sweet Air!! My son has had his new quad for over a week now, and he hasnt got to ride it yet, all it has done is rain and snow since we got it. Had 3" of snow yesterday morning. Gotta find a dry place for him to rip it up!! :cool:

nordic quad
04-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by sickairseth
Ive heard both foam or silicone, I figure for what it costs for a couple tubes of RTV silocone or a can of foam, what could it hurt?

Tyler 70t - Sweet Air!! My son has had his new quad for over a week now, and he hasnt got to ride it yet, all it has done is rain and snow since we got it. Had 3" of snow yesterday morning. Gotta find a dry place for him to rip it up!! :cool:

I hear you about the snow,most snow here is gone but the favorite local track is still covered with snow and ice so we make due with a smaller pee wee track for now.Here is a little vid of my son training earlier this winter,some big ruts and below freze but still able to do some laps before before both rear tires was shot.Good luck with your new 50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRATXtSZI-A

TTracer#22
04-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Put a small clear hose on the tip of the spray nozzle of the foam can slide it to the bottom of the stem and start spraying and slowly sliding it out stop a few inches from the top it will expand when it hardenes take a razor knife and cut off any extra that came out of the top. Works great every bit as good as anti vibe stem.

tyler70t
04-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Hey Sickairseth, Tyler says thanks, hope your weather gets better so you can get that new bike out.
I got the foam and a couple lengths of 3/8 tubing and filled up the stem as well as the bars today, not expecting much difference but it can't hurt anything, we'll see tomorrow! BTW if anyone else does this cover your quad with an old tarp or something because that stuff is messy and hard to clean up!!!