PDA

View Full Version : how to take apart driven clutch?

dwhst9
04-07-2009, 08:37 PM
I have the driven clutch bell removed and slid the driven clutch assembly off the transmission shaft. How do I dis-assemble the driven clutch?

nordic quad
04-08-2009, 03:08 AM
Before we got the ZTR clutch tool this was almost a two man job,you can also do this With a vice and a 15"crecent wrench.

Watch the Clutch tool demo in the link to see what you are up against.

http://www.ztrproducts.com/

etondaddy
04-08-2009, 05:42 AM
I use a socket and my 1/2 air gun just hold down on it and let it up slow. If you want bring it over and I can show you, then you'll know.

Mike Kozura

dwhst9
04-08-2009, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by nordic quad
Before we got the ZTR clutch tool this was almost a two man job,you can also do this With a vice and a 15"crecent wrench.

Watch the Clutch tool demo in the link to see what you are up against.

http://www.ztrproducts.com/

That's a slick tool to have if you're racing and constantly tearing down.

nordic quad
04-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by dwhst9
That's a slick tool to have if you're racing and constantly tearing down.

Yupp thats what we do,but like etondaddy we also use an air gun on its lowest settings for all the clutch work i also use the same gun to change the weels on my cars.on the lowest settings i use sockets in diffrent sizes from a socket wrench kit,i wold ask you over an take a look but there is an ocean between us LOL:D

dwhst9
04-08-2009, 10:54 AM
I ended up using a rubber strap wrench and my vise to disassemble the clutch. Was surprised how easy it was really. Should involve some cussing upon reassembly though lol.

dwhst9
04-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Went back together pretty easy too. Just used my feet to hold it down while I spun the nut on and then used the vice & rubber strap wrench to tighten it back up.

nordic quad
04-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Nice job:D

dwhst9
04-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by nordic quad
Nice job:D

And more importantly, no trips to the parts or tool stores lol.