PDA

View Full Version : Headgasket

d2kstang
04-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Can you tell if a headgasket is bad besides doing a leak down test. I cannot seem to find the right size adapter to do the leak down test. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks

rob_990
04-07-2009, 07:23 PM
did it lose compression?is there oil leaking out of the motor?

d2kstang
04-07-2009, 09:01 PM
It got hot hear a while back and just shut off. Now it just turns over and will not start. It has fuel, spark and compression just don't know how much. People have said it could be the head gasket or maybe CDI (but it has spark) or it could have jumped timing. I am lost and trying to check everything and can not find the fitting to do the leak down test and did not know if i pulled the headgasket if I would be able to see evidence of it being bad.

d2kstang
04-08-2009, 02:46 PM
TTT

Pipeless416
04-08-2009, 06:03 PM
when i blew a head gasket there were definite marks visible from where it was blown. they just looked like black streaks going from the fire ring towards the outside of the head. i also had to run it like that for a while though, so who knows how long it took for the streaks to form. but that being said, mine still ran and started up just fine.. it just didn't have much compression.