PDA

View Full Version : hard to start after HOT!!

KTM RIDAA
04-07-2009, 04:09 PM
:ermm: When i am riding my ktm 450xc on my couple tracks we have if i stahl it when it is pretty hard to start back up! does anybody else have this problem?? should i put a hotter plug in it?? i dont want this problem when i am racin D 6 harescrambles!??!!!

525 Outlaw Dude
04-08-2009, 03:17 PM
ya i have the same problum with my 525 outlaw, this is what CT Racing said to do for the Outlaws so im sure it would work for your ktm

-Heat can be an issue in slow tight woods riding and racing. We've found that a motor can actually run cooler if you pull the thermostat off of it and run the hose just straight to the top of the head, eliminating the Y section of the radiator hose altogether. You will need to plug off where the hose leads to the cylinder. "CT Racing"

-A PWR radiator can add some margin of protection for heat issues, especially if you run a lot of tight trails where the radiator is not getting lots of air. We also recommend putting screen or residential heater element foam in front of the radiator in muddy conditions. If you let a radiator get packed with mud, it stops working and you will eventually cook your motor.

http://ctracing.com/

bferg911
04-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by KTM RIDAA
:ermm: When i am riding my ktm 450xc on my couple tracks we have if i stahl it when it is pretty hard to start back up! does anybody else have this problem?? should i put a hotter plug in it?? i dont want this problem when i am racin D 6 harescrambles!??!!!

These motors come pretty lean from the factory. After I rejetted, mine I would say the fan came on half as much if not less.

mcracer
04-08-2009, 06:42 PM
run a hot start to your bars you can get a kit to replace the hot start on the carb. should help out.

flash
04-12-2009, 06:29 PM

Do you still have the tps hooked up? You can get a switch from Motion Pro that does away with the tps on the throttle. By doing this you can give it some throttle while cranking, this makes it fire up alot easier when hot.

400exrider69
04-12-2009, 09:14 PM
engine ice ?

KTM RIDAA
04-15-2009, 03:53 PM
yea thanks everybody i might try the ct thing.. but do u know if it works?? like did you try it??and who makes this hot start relocater for on the bars??b/c i'll probably buy it. When i am running tight woods it sux trying to find it lol. and i also had to turn the idle up on mine b/c every time i would clutch it it would shut off.

mcracer
04-15-2009, 08:50 PM
I run the Motion Pro button but the hot start should help out. You can get the cable and lever is in the hard parts catalog. It is for a bike but will work. If you need part #'s pm me and I'll get them to you. I don't think I'd do the Ct method but thats your choice. Jetting can also be you problem mine starts pretty fast if I kill it so jetting might be your 1st step.

KTM RIDAA
04-16-2009, 05:30 AM
:) alright thanks man i will go on their website hear and tell u if i find anything.. and yea im not going to do that ct racing thing the qaud prblywouldnt even start up and run in the winter months..and um flash did u get the tps switch off the motion pro website?? and they come with a 170 main jet dont they should i go 2 like a 180???:ermm:

KTM RIDAA
04-16-2009, 04:46 PM
i just found a works connection hot start relocater for 49.99....i found it in atv rocky mountain under the controls.. i would say that would work??:confused:

jrovey1
05-05-2009, 08:42 AM
I had the exact same problem with my 525. I put engine ice in it and have not had it happed since.

KTM RIDAA
05-05-2009, 08:48 AM
yea before the 010 racing season im gonna change ma fluid out to engine ice but jetting it realy helped changed main to 180 fires right up when hot!

bferg911
05-05-2009, 07:21 PM
yea before the 010 racing season im gonna change ma fluid out to engine ice but jetting it realy helped changed main to 180 fires right up when hot!

YEP