PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Truck, Quad, etc... UPDATE , Please read

FISH ON!
04-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Believe it or not........I'm think we're zeroing in a little on this theft. Some stuff has actually been recovered. Please keep getting the word out. This stuff was found thanks to all of you helping get the word out. Cyber communication really works and the racing community does a good job looking out for eachother. I realize the economy is making people do stupid things but at the same time taking from the working folks that keep the economy going isn't the answer. Here's an update:

Two vehicles and trailers were stolen from the Comfort Inn in Clinton SC and the other trailer had a RM85 dirt bike. It was recovered in Travelers Rest SC today. Monday, a white male in his mid 40s driving a 88-94 model Chevy Z-71, Maroon in color, approached this small town used car dealership in Travelers Rest SC. He had a real hardship story and was looking to sell all "his son's" racing gear and bike. The dealership didn't buy it but another guy did. Later that day the person who bought the bike heard about the theft at Big Buck (thanks all you internet friends for getting the word out) and they contacted GNCC. Long story short, the the RM85 belonged to the other family who had their stuff stolen from the hotel. It turns out that some of our gear was also purchased from this guy along with the bike. They have our gear bag, some of the helmets, jackets and a few other things so this guys was involved in the theft some kind of way. Keep getting the word out for me and the ATV and RZR will show up sooner or later. Thanks to everybody. So many people have been so supportive in helping us find our stuff and my family and I sincerely appreciate it.

Todd Jones, 706-830-7491

Here's the link to the whole story and the GNCC website is keeping an update.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=391025