PDA

View Full Version : Rider Down..

Bryson#221
04-07-2009, 12:41 PM
My girl Ashley App, a WORCS Racer, Womens A rider was involved in horrific ATV practice crash day before yesterday at a local private track near Bakersfield, CA. Ashley apparently went over the bars where the ATV landed on her crushing her helmet, major head trama, major facial bone fractures. Ashley had been competing in this years WORCS series where she scored a 2nd in Phoenix in the Women's B class and moving up to Women's A at Adelanto where she finished 4th.

Ashley was medi-vac'd out to Kern Medical Center in Bakersfield, CA where she is currently in a medically induced coma where she is suffering from swelling to the brain. The early Dr.'s reports say that Ashley is in bad shape and we are just going to have to wait and keep an eye on her progress. Ashley will await some surgeries once stabilized.

I ask for all of your support and prayers for her during this time. I got word from her mom that Ash is doing better and they have pulled her brain probe since her levels were good as well as taken her off of sedatives. Hope she continues to improve...and that she comes home to us soon.

Get well, girl!

http://motocross.loopd.com/Members/TRX450girl/Default.aspx

<3 "The Other Ash"

zukirules
04-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Man, sorry to hear. Alot of injuries lately. I sent a prayer out

AbnMP13
04-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Sux to hear that, best wishes....

Pipeless416
04-07-2009, 01:11 PM
this is a bad start to the year :(

Brad77
04-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Wow, sorry to hear this. She will be in our thoughts and prayers.

XXX -rider
04-07-2009, 05:15 PM
bad news for sure ..sorry hear about this ...
as a father of a female MX racer I know her parents are also going thru some pain too!
..& I know she has to be tough & strong willed ,..lets hope that gets her back up & going..
I am praying she pulls thru ok & moves on ..