PDA

View Full Version : sms riders

turbo appex
04-07-2009, 12:30 PM
congrats to all the SMS riders at nats in ky. 44x bradon guyer 70 cvt 2nd in a every close finish with erik haverick. ries parvin # 50 90 cvt 3rd after a bad wreck he got back on and got a 3rd over all and vack romble #7x in the 90 auto 8-11 2nd after a very stressfull week end for tim his dad .GOOD JOB TO ALL YOU GUYS AND TO SHAWN SNYDER FOR MAKING IT ALL HAPPEN thanks

turbo appex
04-07-2009, 12:45 PM
i,m sure theres more but i dont know how they finish those 3 are the only ones i know how they finished PLEASE let us know if i mished your rider SORRY.

zach R 7x
04-08-2009, 04:32 AM
thanks frank , this was by far the most stressfull weekend of our four years of racing !!! wasting two top ends and blowing 3 brand new belts !! going out in races and not knowing what the bike was going to do ! the worst part about it is i have nobody to blame for it but myself!
o well zach still made me look good 2nd place over all in auto jr and a 4th in 90 cvt ,i will take that ,a 10 yr old running up frt with the leaders who are 13 to 15 yrs old ,on a bike that was only good for about 3 laps and fadded fast, i will take that any weekend !

congrates to every rider this weekend there were some great races in kentucky

04-08-2009, 06:20 AM
what about christian horne i thought he was your main guy this year how did he do

rookiewrench
04-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Did I miss something ??

frank parvin
04-08-2009, 10:04 AM
good for only 3 laps ?????? mcconell and thompson where running the fasest laps at the end of the race and ries was towed in 2 inchs with a bent tie rod and wreacked and still got 3rd

frank parvin
04-08-2009, 10:32 AM
christan was running 2nd up frt in 90 auto jr. and gaining on leader riding good and and snyder bike was running good and he had some bad luck when the carb fell off it happens to all of us . where all human carbs falling off,running out of fuel,shock bolts, running to lean,etc.we all been there . no christan ran very well and will be fine (he is a very good and young rider and he will be fine) good luck to all in va.

drt18
04-08-2009, 10:40 AM
IM WITH ROOKIEWRENCH WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Whatzup
04-08-2009, 12:23 PM
I heard at Pell City the tie rods were to short and one side fell off as he was going out to practice.

The chain kept falling off his and another riders. Also they where chewing up the chain guide and the sprockets. They both needed to add 5/16 spacer to the SMS swingarm to algin the sprockets up.

The race motor was delivered to the track and installed but leaked water so it was pulled out and sent back to SMS. They put the practice motor back in and raced.

In kentucky they put the race motor back in and the carb fell off. I heard the intake bolts where stripped out. (ouch)

So hopfully the season gets better.

zach R 7x
04-08-2009, 03:23 PM
yes frank i said three laps !! has nothing to do with motor only the mechanic that was working on it at the track [me] lol!!!
i spent to much time on the clutchs and not enough time looking at my plug !
shawn gave us one hell of a motor and i destoyed it by not doing my job!
and that was awesome for reis ,is he ok we did not get to talk to you guys before we left . i saw the wreck it looked nasty and yes that was a awesome come back to pass zach for 3rd at the finish line .
we will be back in virginia and hopefully have the bugs worked out .
......TIM

SMS
04-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Ya hopefully luck will change, al we can do is keep trying

ugliest6868
04-08-2009, 06:43 PM
hey whatzup, if u dont no what your talkin bout 100% dont knock other riders or shops. where did u end up? i'm not startin a fight but my swinger is perfect. would u like to stop by and do some measurin. and maybe i can give you some facts about what really hapened.

frank parvin
04-08-2009, 06:43 PM
ries is fine a little sore but good hes in fla. with his grand parents for spring break .my bad tim i didnt know you where talking about your motor ?? i thought you where talking about the other 3 riders my bad i miss under stood you. SORRY

ugliest6868
04-08-2009, 06:47 PM
this is the reason i dont get on these forums!!!!!!!! BUT, i'll be back in an hour

frank parvin
04-08-2009, 07:01 PM
whatzup i was just saying the carb fell off ??? and i,m sure youve never had anything like that happen to you because i have. whatzup where you there this weekend??? because christians red drr sure looked like it was running good right before they had some bad luck. he was about to take the lead from a green drr.

drt18
04-08-2009, 08:07 PM
IM OUT TO THE STRESS IS KILLNN ME. THANKS RITO U KNOW WHO U ARE STILL LUV YA.

ugliest6868
04-08-2009, 09:09 PM
i'm back whatzup where u at. lets talk. pm me

JAG Motosports
04-08-2009, 09:22 PM
sure caused a stir...welcome to the forum

ugliest6868
04-08-2009, 09:35 PM
hello, hello, anybody know WHATZUP

Whatzup
04-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Dont want to start a fight on here but someone asked how Christan was doing and I answered with what I heard and know.

Somethings are bad luck (carb falling off).

But if the bike was built at SMS and the tie rods were too short and the sprockets were out of alignment that is something that should have been addressed at the shop and not at the track.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ugliest6868
my kid can trash an aluminum in a moto or two. i can put on a steel and run it as long as i want. [/QUOTE

ugliest6868 you might want to check your alignment because their sprockets and chain guides were getting "chewed up". Thats how they found out the sprockets were not aligned. Not a big deal problem was resolved by putting a spacer between the sprocket and the carrier.

I am not bashing the SMS swingarm, might just be something to check. Maybe thats why you were Trashing a sprocket every moto or 2.

ugliest6868
04-09-2009, 07:15 AM
1st of all the mod was not built at SMS, it came in for a set of A-arms on a once over. gary was informed by shawn at the shop about tie rods, and again when bike was picked up. when the tie rod or end or whatever fell off that was someone else workin on the bike at pell city. when red bike left shop sprocket alignment was on, shawn and myself went over it together. maybe the frame or engine plates bent, heck maybe even the swinger, did you check any of that? i just checked my chain alignment again and its pretty damn close. i've had a little better luck lately with sprockets, dont know why, but i'll take the luck. i dont know of any of our riders havin chain problems last weekend thats new to me. i think that reis, brayden, christian, and zach all done exceptionally well for the cards they were delt. hey WHATZUP, if you would like to talk in virginia dont be afraid to come over and introduce yourself. i'm a pretty nice guy untill someone starts talkin $#!% about something they know nothing about, or they believe 2nd and 3rd hand storys that are egzagurated, (i dont know how to spell that). oh well, i'm out dont expect to hear from me any time soon cuz these forums are turnin into a bunch of B/S. hope everyone does good in virginia and all the riders come off the track safe. later

ugliest6868
04-09-2009, 07:15 AM
1st of all the mod was not built at SMS, it came in for a set of A-arms on a once over. gary was informed by shawn at the shop about tie rods, and again when bike was picked up. when the tie rod or end or whatever fell off that was someone else workin on the bike at pell city. when red bike left shop sprocket alignment was on, shawn and myself went over it together. maybe the frame or engine plates bent, heck maybe even the swinger, did you check any of that? i just checked my chain alignment again and its pretty damn close. i've had a little better luck lately with sprockets, dont know why, but i'll take the luck. i dont know of any of our riders havin chain problems last weekend thats new to me. i think that reis, brayden, christian, and zach all done exceptionally well for the cards they were delt. hey WHATZUP, if you would like to talk in virginia dont be afraid to come over and introduce yourself. i'm a pretty nice guy untill someone starts talkin $#!% about something they know nothing about, or they believe 2nd and 3rd hand storys that are egzagurated, (i dont know how to spell that). oh well, i'm out dont expect to hear from me any time soon cuz these forums are turnin into a bunch of B/S. hope everyone does good in virginia and all the riders come off the track safe. later

T@AFP
04-09-2009, 07:50 AM
that are egzagurated, (i dont know how to spell that).

LMAO!!!

SMS
04-09-2009, 08:02 AM
To guy that is saying all this ..... I would like to see you build anything!!!!

Whatzup
04-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Ugliest68686 Thanks for making things clearer for me.

Just so we are on the same page, the bike came in for a set a of A arms correct? A set of arms were installed correct? Why not just put on the correct length tie rods?

As for the chain problem I never said the problem was the swing arm I just said they had to put a spacer in to align the sprockets.

Quote:
SMS To guy that is saying all this ..... I would like to see you build anything!!!!

Back in high school I built a lamp in shop class. I made the on off chain too short and burned myself trying to turn it on. I got a D- on that project.

SMS
04-09-2009, 09:29 AM
This is why you should check over your bike everytime before a race. When that bike left this shop it was practiced on several time's before it even went to Pell City. It didn't just show up at the track straight from here.

Reimer Racing
04-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by ugliest6868
hello, hello, anybody know WHATZUP

Tom, now thats funny reminds me of the Budwiser saying a couple years ago.

I kinda feel bad about the bad luck Christans having now. To win 8 out of 10 races last season to the bad luck this year. But that's racing!! Hopefully the luck will turn around soon.

Craig (ugliest68686) Tell Bryden nice job so far this year!!! :)

blah-blah-blah1
04-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by SMS
To guy that is saying all this ..... I would like to see you build anything!!!!

SMS, I don't think he is claiming that he builds anything. He is just stating the facts as to what happened to YOUR rider. From the sounds of things - You should have never let that mod bike leave your shop with your a-arms and the tierods only threaded in a couple of turns and the nut tightened. That boy could have got hurt.
And if there needed to be a spacer put in to push the sprocket out so it was in-line with the front sprocket then something was wrong from the start. Again, something YOU should have seen.
And what about the leaking engine? Was that you too?

frank parvin
04-09-2009, 09:15 PM
you guys all i want to do is congrats to the people i new that did good and you guy just make a bigg mess of thinks Thanks guys. NO MORE CONGRATS FROM ME AND THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU WILL HER FROM ME . IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY TO ME I WILL BE STANDING NEXT TO THE SMS #50 ... GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND ALL MY CONGRATS WILL BE A THE TRACK IN PERSN THANKS

bignasty
04-09-2009, 10:21 PM
who's bike broke? Was it just horne's bike or somebody else's bike. too confusing. Thought the thread was a shout out to the riders right parvins?

SMS
04-09-2009, 11:20 PM
This guy does not have a clue what he is talking about, so what ever you got time to ramble on about go for it. I would rather put gum in my hair than waste my time.

I also think you got small man sindrom, that is why you went to the trouble of opening a new user name. So you have to try to make other people look small so you feel good about yourself.

The a arm situation I did not have the tie rods here as they are custom one off set and I did not build the bike just a set of arms. I did not have time to get them made as we had to meet Gary with the bike my time was up. Gary was told about the tie rods and as you know his wife and Christian were in a bad accident. Freda is still in the hospital and Gary is with her every chance he has and I'm sure his mind is with her and figuring out what they are going to.
Gary and Christian are going through a rough enough time and then they have to read stuff like this, you should be ashamed of yourself and show some support to a fellow rider instead of thumping your chest.
This breaks new ground as a all time low!

ugliest6868
04-10-2009, 05:36 AM
well put snyder,i couldnt have said it better without using "ALOT" of cuss words. to whatzup and blah blah you can both kiss my ***, and maybe next time make sure you know what the fuch your talkin bout.

quadnana7
04-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Sorry I haven't had time to get on until now to clear this up.This is Gary and I can clear this up pretty quickly. First of all, Shawn Snyder, his wife Evonne and their family are personal friends of ours. They are real people & have passion & are great for this sport. I'll start with the tie rods. Shawn built us new A- Arms for Christian's 70 mod. He finished them as well as the DRR just before the Indy Show where we needed to pick them up. Shawn told me we needed longer tie rods when I picked them up. We also expected to practice before we got to race to work any bugs out of either quad. Unfortunately, we did not have the time to practice after Freida's & Christian's accident and still don't. So, the tie rods were my fault and not dialing quads in just couldn't be helped. I'm definately not perfect, so if anyone on here is let them post the next reply and let us all know who you are.

Logan #34's Dad
04-10-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm perfect. LOL! Love ya Gary, couldn't resist. This sure is an interesting thread. I think its about time to remove it though. Enough said.

Fixed It Sucka! LOL

JAG Motosports
04-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Hey Rocky, Can't be too perfect....you don't even know how to spell it;) Me on the other hand:macho

Fixed It Sucka! LOL roflmao

pnbsdad
04-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Just like Rodney King said why can't we all get along lol. Hey it's about the kids right? I forget to do stuff to my kids quad (like forget to turn on the gas lol) and i'm not as busy a these guy. So lets all have some fun with our kids.

hotquads1
04-10-2009, 09:33 PM
I have built a couple of bikes and can say from first hand experience there are allways bugs to get worked out , and if you race for any length of time you will experience your share mishaps or have a dnf , my riders have , I have pushed Turbo's bike off the track before and towed it back on a rope, so when you criticize others dont think it will not happen to you. Shawn , don't even respond to a person that makes such statements, they are not trying to be constructive , they are trying to harass you, if it were not so they would not be ashamed of their identity. These forums should be benefiting all and harming no one, none of us are perfect, oh , except Rocky and Ken .
marc

backinsaddle
04-11-2009, 09:11 AM
I actually like when these type threads come up once in awhile. it gives me insight into the personalities of some of the vendors on here, and which ones I would do business with and which ones to stay away from. :(

SMS
04-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks guys for the support

Reimer Racing
04-11-2009, 10:56 AM
I have to disagree, I dont think the guy was on here to bash Shawn. When I reread this entire post one guy asked what happen to one of your riders and another guy answered the post with what he heard. Then things turned ugly when other team members jumped in.

This post might have ended quicker if you wrote this as your first post instead of what you wrote.

[QUOTE] SMS
The a arm situation I did not have the tie rods here as they are custom one off set and I did not build the bike just a set of arms. I did not have time to get them made as we had to meet Gary with the bike my time was up. Gary was told about the tie rods and as you know his wife and Christian were in a bad accident.

SMS, I think that should have been your first post that way post could have ended. I dont think bringing Gary and his family into this was good idea.

JIM GRACE
04-12-2009, 04:05 PM
wow.... and great job to the riders.

zach R 7x
04-12-2009, 04:27 PM
thanks JIM GRACE ,i am glad at least one person saw this thread for what it was intended.