PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Supercross

jesseweaver
04-07-2009, 10:32 AM
who else is getting pumped? 3 races left, reed up 5 points on stewart, its gonna be close, i hope it comes down to the last week in vegas. i think stewarts got it as long as he doesnt crash bad.

and stuff is getting tense, check out what Reed had to say in a racer x interview....

"what really kind of pissed me off was that he cut me off on the triple, and I don’t roll like that. That’s dangerous, and if I had ever done that in my life, my dad would kick my ***. But two can play that way, and any chance I’ve got, I’ll run it in and put him in row F."

...it could get interesting

CNC_guy
04-07-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm pumped...but I swear I wish there were more contenders.

dehner47
04-07-2009, 10:54 AM
things are starting to get good. i'm hoping reed can hold him off for the next 3 races. just shows that speed wins races and consistancy wins championships. no one is more consistant then chad reed. check the record books. his win list speaks for themself. james has the speed but he is so inconsistant.

and on top of that, i would like to see chad win it for the fact of when he won his champoinships people said he only won cause ricky and or bubba have been out with injuries or people weren't racing the whole series ect. so i'd like to see him beat bubba straight up so all the reed haters can hate on him to go along with all the jlaw haters out there :devil:

and if reed wins, jrspawn's gonna go nuts. he's a die hard reed fan. no one will be more happier if and when he wraps it up. aint that right justin:D

dehner47
04-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by CNC_guy
I'm pumped...but I swear I wish there were more contenders.

very very true. once villipoto finds his speed, pourcel moves up along with dungey, stroupe, and izzi, its gonna get good. give it a few years for the young bucks to mature, by then reed and bubba be gone and its gonna get interesting. anyone of those guys could win once they all grow up and move to the 450 class. cant wait. plus on top of that, theres a few fast guys coming up the ranks. justin barcia is one of them. look for him to put in a good showing at the nationals this year. he's gonna be on a factory connection crf250. and he's gonna be fast.

and speaking of nationals, cant wait to see someone new winning races since reed and bubba might not be doing them. gonna be a great summer:D

FHKracingZ
04-07-2009, 11:27 AM
last time i checked bubba isnt that old lol. He still has 7-8 years in him.

dehner47
04-07-2009, 11:33 AM
yes age wise he's not that old. but he wont stay in sx/mx for much longer. when you have guys like nascar offering you super big bucks you start to lean towards other things. look at ricky. he's aprime example. i'd say james has 2 yrs left in him then he's gone. he has already said he wants to have afuture in nascar like ricky has. only time will tell.

zyoung04
04-07-2009, 11:35 AM
im hoping reed can hold him off i think he will.....bubba will fold again in one of up n comming races look what happened last weekend he was doin everything he could to get reed to mess up and reed didnt let it faze him a bit......if somtething happens theres a fist fight im taking the aussie reed as well i dont think bubba wants none when it comes to fighting

dehner47
04-07-2009, 11:41 AM
hell ya i'd put my $$$$ on reed. anyday:D

WKY400EX
04-07-2009, 11:58 AM
I haven't kept up with SX much this season, but it's nice to see that Stewart isn't just running away with everything. Nothing against Bubba, but I'm not a big fan of his. Just something about him, IDK. Reed's such a good rider, and deserves to be right where he is.

ATC_KING
04-07-2009, 12:01 PM
bubba will take it not a dought in my mind he is the only one to beat the GOAT not reed

300extreme#8
04-07-2009, 12:42 PM
hahah shows the reason that i dislike chad reed, whining about being cut off:rolleyes: thats racing it happens all the time, and with points getting close what would you do... but whats really funny is that this so called CUT-OFF must have been in the first few laps b/c Reed was nowhere close to Stewart by the finish of the race. I guess that lil cut off made that big of a difference huh? Reed should grow some and ride hard. He can be just as fast as stewart but he plays it safe too much. Hope steawrt wins the next too so REED will wake up and the Speed channel will actually keep the cameras on the front too instead of the battles for 5th and 6th the whole race...... my 2 cents. I like everyone. I'm a Stewart fan.. B/c he is more my style, I'll rather hang it all out on the line than sit back and let someone win. I'd rather see K-Dub running up front or RC come back... Only reason i never root for REED is the reason that every sense he has turned pro he has had the same attitude as Mcgraph that he NEVER makes mistakes, it's always excuses when he doesnt do good. Instead of accepting defeat he remorses on causes instead of statements targeting better faster and better..... There are alot of Reed fans on here and i don't care how you feel about what i said but it's the dam truth and i want to like Reed but i can't. So don't quote me telling me im wrong and how im just saying this b/c i like Stewart but thats not the reason I do not go for Reed.

dehner47
04-07-2009, 01:10 PM
please tell me i read that post wrong. did he just say McGrath has an attitude that he never made mistakes?? are you for real?? how could you even muster up the sack to say something like that. MC is the king of sx. the sport would be no where near it is now if it wasn't for the style, carisma, and fans that MC brought to the sport. and thats not me talking. thats roger decoster and every other person in the sx/mx industy talking. thats why to this day, no one, i mean no one (bubba or RC) gets as many cheers during opening ceramonies or fans wanting autographs and pictures then jeremy mcgrath. he is hands down the fan favorite. so i truelly have no idea where that comment came from.

and please, i'm not dogging you for being a bubba fan and wanting reed to loss. he can be a b***h sometimes yes. just dont agree with you saying MC has his attitude. dont know where that comes from. at all:confused:

jesseweaver
04-07-2009, 01:13 PM
i like stewart a little more i guess... 1. hes on a yamaha:macho 2. he lays it all out a little more. he rides all out, and pays the consequences too. i love watching him ride outdoors, his pace is unbelievable. im not too biased anymore though since RC left, he was by far more my favorite. i'd rather see Reed win a really tight battle than see bubba run away with it.

muddy400EX
04-07-2009, 02:13 PM
im hopin for reed to win for sure. like another guy said, i dont really like bubba to much. great rider, but dont really like him for some reason. and im glad reed has decided to play dirty like stewart. james is a friggin dirty racer and will piss anyone off, he just dont care, lol

ALAMX37
04-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by 300extreme#8
hahah shows the reason that i dislike chad reed, whining about being cut off:rolleyes: thats racing it happens all the time, and with points getting close what would you do... but whats really funny is that this so called CUT-OFF must have been in the first few laps b/c Reed was nowhere close to Stewart by the finish of the race. I guess that lil cut off made that big of a difference huh? Reed should grow some and ride hard. He can be just as fast as stewart but he plays it safe too much. Hope steawrt wins the next too so REED will wake up and the Speed channel will actually keep the cameras on the front too instead of the battles for 5th and 6th the whole race...... my 2 cents. I like everyone. I'm a Stewart fan.. B/c he is more my style, I'll rather hang it all out on the line than sit back and let someone win. I'd rather see K-Dub running up front or RC come back... Only reason i never root for REED is the reason that every sense he has turned pro he has had the same attitude as Mcgraph that he NEVER makes mistakes, it's always excuses when he doesnt do good. Instead of accepting defeat he remorses on causes instead of statements targeting better faster and better..... There are alot of Reed fans on here and i don't care how you feel about what i said but it's the dam truth and i want to like Reed but i can't. So don't quote me telling me im wrong and how im just saying this b/c i like Stewart but thats not the reason I do not go for Reed.

GTFO

Stewart is dangerous, period. To himself and anyone that is around him. I am amazed he hasn't been more seriously injured at this point in his career. He is hands down the fastest but at what cost?

ATC_KING
04-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
GTFO

Stewart is dangerous, period. To himself and anyone that is around him. I am amazed he hasn't been more seriously injured at this point in his career. He is hands down the fastest but at what cost?

ha ha yes hands down the fastest and out front he does not have to worry about anything

yes i agree staying on the bike wins races but if you can make up for lost time there is nothing wrong with getting a lil crazy it keeps all you reed guys glue to the tv and thats what watching supercross on tv is for

05LSR250R
04-07-2009, 07:57 PM
I'd kill to see Reedy put James into the cheap seats before this championship is over!

300extreme#8
04-07-2009, 08:55 PM
seriously????? do you not recall back in the day when Mcgraph was winning all the time? If he ever lost it was an excuse.. Man really.... He was awesome, i never put anyone down, i mean anyone for their skills.. I will never be that fast ever, so i never put anyone down for their skills. but when RC showed up and Mcgraph started losing he made excuses, and thats about the same time Reed got into the business. For once guys step back and pay attention to everything instead of taking a side. Everyone hates lawernce but he reminds me of the same attitude that Reed had when he first came. I have alot of respect for Chad but still, he doesn't show the respect to everyone like RC did. RC stayed out of the spotlike and Stewart stays out of the spotlike. ....... I am not just a Stewart fan guys, but im for the guy I believe deserves to win, and if Chad does not want to hang it out then he does not deserve to win and he doesn't. So take it all in guys, really, look up interviews of Stewart, K-dub, RC , Reed, Villiman, MC, and Short and tell me,PLEASE tell me who seems to be the cocky people... umm let me give you a clue Reed and MC>>>> case closed....

300extreme#8
04-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by 05LSR250R
I'd kill to see Reedy put James into the cheap seats before this championship is over!

he would have to keep up with him first hahahahahaha

SRH
04-07-2009, 11:44 PM
prior to this season i had 0 respect for chad reed , now hes shown he is a champion and deserves the title, hes just come around with the new team, hes got the speed now, the conditioning and hes professional, im a stewart fan tho, im disappointed in james, where was that blazing speed and stuff? idk its not the same stewart from 07 speedwise...i wish james would show a lil more personality, hes really bland and comes off cocky not that he doesnt have reason to be, as far as the cut off issue, james and chad have always had problems i think james has the ability to pull of passes that for any other rider would be a guranteed crash...should he take that chance? i dont think so

mc was the man, you cant compare rc and mc, mc was in his prime around 96 ....rc didnt come along til years down the road, mcgrath was the best for fans, there has ever been, never meet a nicer rider, there was no ive given out enough autographs, hed stay there and take pictures and sign autographs til he had to be on the track...mc rode on pure talent though, he had developed a riding style for supercross that pure aggression couldnt win out over, once everyone started figuring it out it wasnt as easy for him.... rc and stewart are a rare breed, best combination of talent and desire since the 80's

700bRad
04-08-2009, 08:24 AM
In my opinion Reed is a cry baby. Bubba is just plain fast, and tougher then nails. Hes out of control fast. Sure in Jacksonville Bubba was standing Reed up big time, but wah. Its supercross, that stuff happens on a regular basis and has been happening for years. When Reed is in the lead and bubba is right behind with his nose to the ground, he bag's on some of the tighter corners to!

dehner47
04-08-2009, 09:04 AM
if you watched the beginning of the season, even when chad finished on the poduim he was still smiling and happy to be running so consistant. but when bubba doesn't win, he stands there with a smerk on his face and not really happy to finish on the poduim. look at the 1st race of the season. bubba messes up, takes chad out and cant get his bike started. erin bates tried interviewing him and asked him what happened and he got cocky with her saying " i crashed!!!" but i guess thats not being cocky or being a b****h. he even said a few days later that after he said that to the beautiful erin bates that he was scared they were gonna fight after he got cocky with her. but i guess he's not cocky or ignorant.

yes in the past few races chads not real happy to finish second to bubba just like bubba's not happy to finish 2nd or 3rd to chad. gotta remember, these guys are in the battle for a sx championship. they have a lot of pressure on the shoulders to perform every weekend. more then any of us will ever know or feel. and on top of all that, theres close to a million dollar bonus in both there contracts if they win the sx champoinship. so i totally understand when both of them are pissed, angry, whinning, or b****ing about one another. hell, some of yall on here b***h at each other on this site and you guys aren't even racing each other week in and week out for a sx championship.

so until we are in there position, non of us have the right to judge them for being cocky, angry or pissed when they dont win.

madskrillz2
04-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by SRH
prior to this season i had 0 respect for chad reed , now hes shown he is a champion and deserves the title, hes just come around with the new team, hes got the speed now, the conditioning and hes professional, im a stewart fan tho, im disappointed in james, where was that blazing speed and stuff? idk its not the same stewart from 07 speedwise...i wish james would show a lil more personality, hes really bland and comes off cocky not that he doesnt have reason to be, as far as the cut off issue, james and chad have always had problems i think james has the ability to pull of passes that for any other rider would be a guranteed crash...should he take that chance? i dont think so

mc was the man, you cant compare rc and mc, mc was in his prime around 96 ....rc didnt come along til years down the road, mcgrath was the best for fans, there has ever been, never meet a nicer rider, there was no ive given out enough autographs, hed stay there and take pictures and sign autographs til he had to be on the track...mc rode on pure talent though, he had developed a riding style for supercross that pure aggression couldnt win out over, once everyone started figuring it out it wasnt as easy for him.... rc and stewart are a rare breed, best combination of talent and desire since the 80's

Everyone needs to shutup and read this guy's post. You said everything I wanted to say and then some. I still can't stand Reed but I do have more respect for him now. I still don't like how he will sometimes come up with an excuse as to why he lost rather than just say that Stewart straight up left him. I also agree with you how Stewart doesn't look as fast. (Even though he is still a whole other level) Probably has something to do with a first year on the bike thing. Stewart's biggest problem is he almost seems to panic when he's not in first. It's like he thinks he has to lead the entire race. He just needs to learn to be patient and let someone get tired or wait for the right time to make a move. Kinda like he did last round.

450rRacer22
04-09-2009, 10:31 AM
I havent missed a supercross race yet this year and im hopin reed pulls through and wins the championship. I dont like stewart at all for many reasons, mainly because hes just a dirty rider. He has taken out so many riders its not even funny, whether hes just making a block pass, or entering the track after one of his wrecks.

"After that happened, you guys got together in that turn after the triple, and that’s where I think you got your fork guard ripped off...
Yeah, on the triple, I had the inside line, and he just tried to come flying from right to left, and it was kind of uncalled for. It’s one thing to race in the turns – rubbin’s racin’ – but I just think it’s taking it to a whole new, extreme level when you’re doing it in the air, and I guess that’s why people like [Ivan] Tedesco and Byrner [Michael Byrne] have gotten injuries from his stupidity."

This was by far my favorite part of the interview with chad when he mentioned this because its the absolute truth. To the people who say that reed makes excuses when he doesnt win, thats so far fetched from the truth its not even funny. Like dehner47 said, he gets up on the podium every time with a smile on his face and tells everyone whether he felt like he had it in him to win, or flat out says stewart was riding really good and that he couldnt keep pace with him. But like reed said on the podium when he won, "the fastest guy doesnt always win," reed is more consistant than anyone i know. And if you dont think reed is fast and can start in the back and work his way up and still win, look at a few of the races last year where hes went down and still won the race. Im done ramblin though, this is a good thread as long as people keep it clean. My vote goes to reed to win the championship, he works hard and deserves it 100%.

k4f5x0r
04-09-2009, 10:47 AM
i 100 percent agree with the guy above me.

NOBODY is more consistant then reed. anaheim 1 the very first race. stewart misses a shift and him and reed both go down. reed picks up right away and places himself in 5th. stewart is confused picks up his bike and guess what, HE TAKES OUT SOMEONE ELSE.

stewart is deffinatley fast, but only because he's willing to do anything to win. I honestly beleive reed deserves the win and the championship.

as for him being a poor sport, wouldnt you be? if you had some sandbagger win infront of you by rubbing tires causing you to crash/almost crash, youd be just as pissed.

warriorxcr1
04-09-2009, 10:56 AM
i am behind chad reed 110%.....stewart is without a doubt amazing on a motorcycle but i am tired of hearing that no one can beat him. reed deserves this title and has stayed humble throughout the year. backing his 08 title up with one this important would finally give him the credibility he deserves!

Go 22!

patrickj75
04-09-2009, 11:26 AM
I too have watched every race this season. I'm not an absolute Stewart fan but I think he's an amazing rider. It's pretty amazing that if he doesn't crash he wins 100% of his races. From what I've seen when him and Reed are both on their game Stewart still has more speed. If Reed wins, I will applaud him solely because he would have beat Stewart heads up. I do believe Reed is obviously more consistent and more mentally tough. My knock on Reed is that he doesn't race outdoors anymore. To me that makes him somewhat of an incomplete rider in my book. I think the outdoor races seprate the men from the boys. Regardless he has alot of talent and this SX season has been a blast to watch.

dehner47
04-09-2009, 01:20 PM
i'm totally on your side so please dont take this as an arguement. but how can you say reed doesn't race outdoors so that doesn't make him a complete rider. Mc never tried doing good outdoors til 95-96 or something when he decided to prove people wrong that said he cant ride outdoors. and he goes on to win the champoinship. now what about k-dub. one of the smoothest most talented riders to ever throw a leg over a bike. since he's not doing all the mx series, does that make his less of a rider. and what about james only possible only doing 3-4 outdoors. does that make his a half of a great rider. no. i to love watching the outdoors and feel it seperated the men from the boys, but doesn't make anyone any less of a great for not doing the outdoors.

and please take into consideration, reed didn't do the outdoors last year cause he had no ride. and he was starting the superx series in AUSTRALIA. which was a seccess may i add.

i just wish the ama made a rule that if you do the indoors, you must do the outdoors.

patrickj75
04-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
i'm totally on your side so please dont take this as an arguement. but how can you say reed doesn't race outdoors so that doesn't make him a complete rider. Mc never tried doing good outdoors til 95-96 or something when he decided to prove people wrong that said he cant ride outdoors. and he goes on to win the champoinship. now what about k-dub. one of the smoothest most talented riders to ever throw a leg over a bike. since he's not doing all the mx series, does that make his less of a rider. and what about james only possible only doing 3-4 outdoors. does that make his a half of a great rider. no. i to love watching the outdoors and feel it seperated the men from the boys, but doesn't make anyone any less of a great for not doing the outdoors.

and please take into consideration, reed didn't do the outdoors last year cause he had no ride. and he was starting the superx series in AUSTRALIA. which was a seccess may i add.

i just wish the ama made a rule that if you do the indoors, you must do the outdoors.

My comment was because I thought I heard Reed say he wasn't going to race outdoors anymore. I was also bummed to hear K-Dub isn't doing as many. I think thats where he excels is the outdoors. I just feel a complete motocross rider should be able to run indoor and outdoor. i kinda like your idea of making them do both. Probably never happen. It's like when the quads split appart MX and TT. I liked it when they were combined. It showed who had skill in different disciplines.

dehner47
04-09-2009, 02:32 PM
i totally agree with you on the atv deal. i use to race the nationals when they were conbined. either you loved it or hated it. me personally, i loved it. does show who had bike skills not just being able to go fast and jump big.

as for reed, he did say he isn't doing them all. he possibly might come out and do a few. i could be wrong, but i think thats what i read somewhere. and i agree, i'm bummed windham isn't doing the mx series. if bubba and reed didnt do them all, he had a major chance to win a 450 mx champoinship. yes alessi and villipoto will be out there but villipopto is inconsistant on his 450 right now. and we know what mike alessi can do outdoors just as long as he doesn't let every 450 racer on the track run his lil @$$ over again :devil:

its been one hell of a sx season. and the outdoors are gonna be a barn burner as well. i cant wait. :D

madskrillz2
04-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by 450rRacer22
I havent missed a supercross race yet this year and im hopin reed pulls through and wins the championship. I dont like stewart at all for many reasons, mainly because hes just a dirty rider. He has taken out so many riders its not even funny, whether hes just making a block pass, or entering the track after one of his wrecks.

"After that happened, you guys got together in that turn after the triple, and that’s where I think you got your fork guard ripped off...
Yeah, on the triple, I had the inside line, and he just tried to come flying from right to left, and it was kind of uncalled for. It’s one thing to race in the turns – rubbin’s racin’ – but I just think it’s taking it to a whole new, extreme level when you’re doing it in the air, and I guess that’s why people like [Ivan] Tedesco and Byrner [Michael Byrne] have gotten injuries from his stupidity."

This was by far my favorite part of the interview with chad when he mentioned this because its the absolute truth. To the people who say that reed makes excuses when he doesnt win, thats so far fetched from the truth its not even funny. Like dehner47 said, he gets up on the podium every time with a smile on his face and tells everyone whether he felt like he had it in him to win, or flat out says stewart was riding really good and that he couldnt keep pace with him. But like reed said on the podium when he won, "the fastest guy doesnt always win," reed is more consistant than anyone i know. And if you dont think reed is fast and can start in the back and work his way up and still win, look at a few of the races last year where hes went down and still won the race. Im done ramblin though, this is a good thread as long as people keep it clean. My vote goes to reed to win the championship, he works hard and deserves it 100%.

I agree with you but Reed does occasionally make excuses. How about the round (don't remember which) when someone jumped the gate? He made the excuse that it dropped late on him when the replay showed it didn't and everyone else coped with it fine. He just simply had a bad start. But he is consistant and is more than likely going to win the ship. I like him a lot more than I used to but he's still not my favorite. K-Dub will always hold that slot.

jesseweaver
04-23-2009, 09:26 PM
2 races left.... stewart up 3 points.... its gonna get good :D

250r rider 88
04-23-2009, 10:02 PM
i would like to see reed win sat night and bubba get 2nd, then it comes down to the final race

but you cannot count our Villapoto as he is coming off a win and wants/needs to keep proving himself

in the lites though, i think dungey will win the west and the shootout