PDA

View Full Version : carrier came loose. help.

tach13
04-07-2009, 10:26 AM
so i got off my yfz last weekend and saw two of the four bolts on the swingarm that hold the carrier in place were missing and the others were loose. so the carrier got loosend all the way and now i cant get it to move enough to tightin the chain where it should be. im going to take it apart tommorow but what do you think happend?

jjm400ex
04-07-2009, 01:04 PM
are you the original owner? maybe lack of maintence, i dont mean to be a jerk, just throwing out some ideas. carrier bearings worn

tach13
04-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Not the original owner but no I just swaped the axle and rode for the day and noticed the bolts missing so it got torqed all the way loose and now I can't get it to tightin. I'm going to take the carrier out tomorrow.

jjm400ex
04-08-2009, 12:21 PM
ok, let us know the outcome

tach13
04-08-2009, 02:07 PM
well i couldnt get the carrier to rotate to tightin the chain. so i took the carrier out with a little help from my rubber mallet. and i was right, the bolts came loose and the carrier got turned all the way loose and torqued the **** out of it. so its a little ruff inside the swingarm housing, so i sanded it smooth so the new carrier will hopefully slid right in. cross your fingers, i should have the new one by friday i hope because we finally are going to have some good weather up here.

tach13
04-10-2009, 05:14 PM
I got the new carrier in pretty smothly. Rode it around and everything seems good. I'm going to the track tomorrow and I'll let u know if I have any trouble.