PDA

View Full Version : Few Qustions

525 Outlaw Dude
04-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Hey guys just some questions, so answer as ya know :)

1-Will a ktm525 Bike motor fit in place of the outlaws 525, is the bikes anymore powerful and what would 6th gear do for my outlaw?? what other ktm motors will fit in place of the 525's if any??

2-Were can i buy Float X Evols for the front and Podium X's for the back?? Fox racing doesn't list besides the floats!! post pic of your a-arms and shocks ;)

3-I'm wanting to build a beast out of my 525, I have a Ct sonic exhaust so i was leaning towards Cts motor work!! anybody work with them and were you happy, also were can i pick up extra disks?

4-Went to sand lake, OR yesterday for the day :p and saw a 700r with duel exhaust, would it be possible to run duel CT's out the back modding the header to a smaller head pipe on each side?? got a pick of what i kinda want to do bellow

5-The infamous civic intake, I see on the outlaw 525 that theirs quite a bit of room to work with a intake! is it worth the work?

6-looked at R&D's site and saw they had a system including the R&D Power Bowl 2 and the R&D power Pump 2! has anyone had any experience with these aftermarket toys??

7-Post pics of rear sand tires, just picked up a set of 10paddles i think their AMS not sure though, would just like to see what you guys r running!

8-Rath A-Arms or Lonestar??

9-The FMF mega bomb header, post picks and is it any better than the ct header??

Thanks Adam

Chris525
04-07-2009, 03:24 AM
6: I have the bowl, pump, and flex jet , this stuff is sweet.
just bolting it on the trottle response was unreal but the bowl has an adjustable leak jet on it and after messing with that its perfect.

OutlawBill
04-07-2009, 05:12 AM
Intake like this will work

OutlawBill
04-07-2009, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by 525 Outlaw Dude
Hey guys just some questions, so answer as ya know :)

1-Will a ktm525 Bike motor fit in place of the outlaws 525, is the bikes anymore powerful and what would 6th gear do for my outlaw?? what other ktm motors will fit in place of the 525's if any?? yes

2-Were can i buy Float X Evols for the front and Podium X's for the back?? Fox racing doesn't list besides the floats!! post pic of your a-arms and shocks ;) got mine from fox throuh Duncan Racing

3-I'm wanting to build a beast out of my 525, I have a Ct sonic exhaust so i was leaning towards Cts motor work!! anybody work with them and were you happy, also were can i pick up extra disks?

4-Went to sand lake, OR yesterday for the day :p and saw a 700r with duel exhaust, would it be possible to run duel CT's out the back modding the header to a smaller head pipe on each side?? got a pick of what i kinda want to do bellow

5-The infamous civic intake, I see on the outlaw 525 that theirs quite a bit of room to work with a intake! is it worth the work?

6-looked at R&D's site and saw they had a system including the R&D Power Bowl 2 and the R&D power Pump 2! has anyone had any experience with these aftermarket toys?? yes works on mine

7-Post pics of rear sand tires, just picked up a set of 10paddles i think their AMS not sure though, would just like to see what you guys r running!

8-Rath A-Arms or Lonestar?? eather I have Rath

9-The FMF mega bomb header, post picks and is it any better than the ct header??

Thanks Adam

OutlawBill
04-07-2009, 05:24 AM
if you want a monster KTM engine for just $5k Cut7 over in KTM talk came make you a 600cc 6 speed engine with all the head and crank work

525 Outlaw Dude
04-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Thats awesome i was hoping the R&D's stuff was worth the money :p and thanks OutlawBill that intake looks real good, what r the materials you used?? Do you have to repack the Ct pipe??

OutlawBill
04-07-2009, 03:00 PM
first I got a 41mm off E-bay it has a larger bell 2.25 too 2.5 inches so the stock boot would not fit went Kragen Auto Parts got 2.5 too 3 inch coupler and a 3 inch intake tube with 22 degree bend and UNI filter CT pipe yes most pipe need to be repacked about every 10 too 20 hours.

525 Outlaw Dude
04-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Thanks bill for the list :p I think I'm going to do what you did but use this intake below

Do any of you guess know if it would be worth the money to do a duel ct exhaust system for the 525, im sure it would make it a beast with the right motor work :p

birdman7389
04-08-2009, 03:14 AM
Thanks bill for the list :p I think I'm going to do what you did but use this intake below

Do any of you guess know if it would be worth the money to do a duel ct exhaust system for the 525, im sure it would make it a beast with the right motor work :p
You will pay extra for the name, any cheapie Ebay CAI will do the same.....

somewon
04-08-2009, 07:04 AM
I don't think there is anything to be gained with running dual exhaust on the 525 motor. there have been so many manufacturer's trying different things with the exhaust for this machine with little to no sucess that I doubt adding a second muffler and or dual header will do anything except add weight.

525 Outlaw Dude
04-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Lol I have one that i bought for my Chevy Z71 but ended running a different set-up, it should look pretty sweet after all said and done. And idk i kinda just want to try it out :p I'll talk with some people and who knows what will happen???

OutlawBill
04-08-2009, 02:13 PM

Do any of you guess know if it would be worth the money to do a duel ct exhaust system for the 525, im sure it would make it a beast with the right motor work :p check the width of the big end air box is not too wide

525 Outlaw Dude
04-08-2009, 03:41 PM
I'll probably custom fab a aluminum air box for my outlaw and powder coat it black or something :) the AEM Brute Force filter is about 10% larger that my Outlaws K&N filter and i'll shorten the intake tube obviously lol :p

I saw somewhere that a short tub makes Hp and a long tub makes Torqe, is this true??

Hey bill the red adaptor, what brand is that?? and if its not to much trouble could you post acouple picks of your quad and the right and left side of the powerplant :p

The duel exhaust, why do other quads do better with duels?? Like sunday at sandlake on sunday, this guy had a 700r with duels and he was ripping it up the tree shots and i even saw a duel system for the raptor 250 by DMC :eek:

525 Outlaw Dude
04-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Will the +1 Houser a-arms for the 450MXR fit on my 525 :p

http://www.houser-racing.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000C05-1213823284

GE4x4
04-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Yes.

525 Outlaw Dude
04-08-2009, 07:28 PM
I'll probably custom fab a aluminum air box for my outlaw and powder coat it black or something the AEM Brute Force filter is about 10% larger that my Outlaws K&N filter and I'll shorten the intake tube obviously lol

I saw somewhere that a short tub makes Hp and a long tub makes Torque, is this true??

Hey bill the red adapter, what brand is that?? and if its not to much trouble could you post a couple picks of your quad and the right and left side of the power plant

The duel exhaust, why do other quads do better with duels?? Like Sunday at sandlake, this guy had a 700r with duels and he was ripping it up the tree shots and i even saw a duel system for the raptor 250 by DMC

Is anybody running theses a-arms??

birdman7389
04-08-2009, 07:53 PM

The duel exhaust, why do other quads do better with duels?? Like Sunday at sandlake, this guy had a 700r with duels and he was ripping it up the tree shots and i even saw a duel system for the raptor 250 by DMC

They don't really.... more of a cosmetic/cool thing. You can only get so much gain from an exhaust, and I think most mfr's do......

525 Outlaw Dude
04-08-2009, 08:11 PM
ya that makes since :p

Hey bill the red adapter, what brand is that?? and if its not to much trouble could you post a couple picks of your quad and the right and left side of the power plant :p