PDA

View Full Version : 250 ex trouble

eriiqTRX
04-06-2009, 08:34 PM
well I got a problem with my quad it just stalls when I shift first gear, do you guys know what is the problem?

Pismo Girl
04-06-2009, 10:14 PM
does your bike have the sport clutch? if no sport clutch it sounds like you need to adjust your idle up a little.

If you can't pull in the clutch or idle it up, you may try this also: #1put it in neutral,
#2 start the motor
#3 slightly rev up the motor
#4 pull up on the shifter lever and ........
#5 slowly let the shifter back down while giving it a little more gas.

Basically the foot shifter has a manual clutch built into it so it can shift gears.

MRJACK9
04-07-2009, 09:50 AM
If you have an auto clutch it is not declutching all the way. Adjust clutch. Lower idle or take your finger off the throttle. Will your bike idle in neutral, if not you have a fuel feed problem.

hondariderdylan
04-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Pismo Girl
does your bike have the sport clutch? if no sport clutch it sounds like you need to adjust your idle up a little.

If you can't pull in the clutch or idle it up, you may try this also: #1put it in neutral,
#2 start the motor
#3 slightly rev up the motor
#4 pull up on the shifter lever and ........
#5 slowly let the shifter back down while giving it a little more gas.

Basically the foot shifter has a manual clutch built into it so it can shift gears.

DONT do this often, i did it on my old suzuki and i blew the main shaft of the tranny out like 3 months after i got it

i think it wears at the shift forks or somthing in that area
but either way, dont do this unless completely neccesary

dirtdawg
04-08-2009, 12:45 PM
that's how you do burnouts on these 250's. hold the shifter in between gears, rev it up, and drop the shifter and the tires spin! i don't do it a lot though. same thing as poppin' a manual clutch.

07-21-2009, 02:04 PM
mine will do that sometime,have to let engine warm up for a couple of minutes and it'll run great but i dont think u have the same problem lol.....