PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who thinks this?

redroost85
12-30-2002, 04:07 PM
So it was on sale at the shop and I bucked up for the Huevos 2 video. I am usually not a big fan of this stuff, but seeing the different quads and things can be cool. My question is....what the he!! kind of 'music' is that on the tape? Do those 'bands' really exist? What a bunch of obnoxious noise. Is this the same on other videos? Heck, I would have much rather heard the sounds from the quads than that stuff. If you are gonna do a video, either do no 'music' or rock on with some serious stuff like Metallica...you can't go wrong there. Please understand I am not trying to rip on other dudes' stuff (the music), but am I the only one who thinks the music....well...sucks? I will definitly preview a buddies movie before I pay for my next one. I feel robbed. You got these *** kicken quads on there....but the sound....augh! Please enlighten me here on this.

bluebaron
12-30-2002, 04:09 PM
i totally a agreee with you!

300exryder
12-30-2002, 04:30 PM
i agree with you

How do they select the music played on those videos. I wouldnt mind some metallica or something that entertains the ear, not that bullchit the play now.

nakomis0
12-30-2002, 04:44 PM
I think its suppose to be cutting edge, ... like the riding.

I like alot of the songs, but ya I think alot of them are obnoxious too.

MrP
12-30-2002, 04:46 PM
Some songs I dont like, but for the most part I like them all. Its kind of like buying a CD and only liking one song on it. But I guess that would suck if you didnt like any of the songs on Huevos 2.

Team Outlaw #34
12-30-2002, 05:14 PM
get huevos 5....you got #2 and that was made a long time ago....

12-30-2002, 05:15 PM
well you have to remember, you old guys (40+) all grew up in a different era. all the freestylers, racers are all young guys in their 20's.

BassBunny26
12-30-2002, 05:19 PM
well i think of it this way....who the heck cares about the music....just turn off the volume and stare at the quads......thats all that matters to me...it works....anyway what "bands" were they?

12-30-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
My question is....what the he!! kind of 'music' is that on the tape?

LMFAO......:blah

AndrewRRR
12-30-2002, 05:20 PM
They play a lot of small time punk bands on them. I can see why. I'm sure they'd have to fork over more money then they'd make to pay royalties to the big name bands if they played their music. Remember how Metallica sued Napster for not paying them? I like most of the songs on the vids, but a lot of those bands are the type of music I listen to anyway. There isn't really a way of putting music on there everyone will like. I agree at time's I'd rather hear the bikes than the music.

BassBunny26
12-30-2002, 05:23 PM
I dont even understand why they have to add music!! i rather hear the quads n stuff rather than the music...if u want music go by a CD! so technically....yeah it is obnoxious to have to deal with that music....i totally AGREE with u!!

Nausty
12-30-2002, 05:28 PM
lmao i'm sure your parents thought the same thing about the music you use to listen too, Anyways h2 is old and i'd rather hear something that isn't mainstream.

toby400ex
12-30-2002, 06:06 PM
i think they dont have metallica because they cant get permission from them. Metallica lost me when they got all gay about napster, c'mon, thats not money they loose, most of those people wouldnt buy it anyway.

zephead400ex
12-30-2002, 06:23 PM
On H4 they have a band on there named Ill Nino - kick *ss band! I am pretty sure the song is What Comes Around! Some off the music really sucks...but I dont want to hear Metallica...I want to hear more "smaller" bands like Blind the Fold, Ill Nino, Soulfly (not small, lol), Flaw, etc...

just show us some bad *ss quads and the movie will sell itself...

l8ter!

quaddict53
12-30-2002, 08:04 PM
Heres my opinion....H5 and H4 have pretty good music, contemporary, pretty hard, the music fits the segments(such as the Argentina segment in H4). H3 has a good bit of rap, but i can tolerate it. I don't have H2. I just got H1 and the music is relatively "old school" kind of punk stuff. I don't like it but some of you guys who are 5 years or more older than me might enjoy it. Its all a matter of opinion.....

12-30-2002, 08:11 PM
less special effects and music more like the crusty videos

12-30-2002, 08:15 PM
Music is great but too much of it, How about 1/2 quads and 1/2 music atleast geez, if ya think about it most of it is music besides a couple parts when they talk.

nacs400ex
12-30-2002, 09:16 PM
Some of the music on the newer videos are horrible. All it is, is screaming. I like the music from the older videos. The music on them is awesome. Old School punk, and some metal. But I am with ya Lathers, 50/50 on the music !! Or with the DVDs, it would be cool if you could change it to just quads, or music, or even have both at the same time!

JMO
Craig

Nausty
12-30-2002, 09:26 PM
yah but most videos are constantly changing views and are constantly in slow motion or fast motion:huh and I honestly don't get where people think the newer videos are nothing but screaming:huh

TORO1968
12-30-2002, 09:47 PM
I'm 22 and just got the Huevos 5 DVD for Christmas...I must say that much of the music on both soundtracks sucks except for a few songs. It's too bad that all you hear is music in most parts of the video too. Other than that, I think Huevos 5 is pretty bad *****. I don't mind hearing bands that aren't "mainstream", but I think some of the songs they chose were a little bit too hard. Enough with the stupid screaming already!!!

The "Behind the Scenes" special features were actually some of the best parts of the entire video IMHO.

Also, is it just me or does it seem like the some of the riders in Huevos 5 aren't having much fun, especially when they're at the dunes in Africa?? It seems like what they're doing is just work for them...must suck, because I have a blast every time I go riding. Also, if I had a chance to ride dunes that big, I'd have a grin on my face from ear to ear!!

-Later

Jordan

Nausty
12-30-2002, 09:55 PM
lol I thought the music was kinda soft myself:o I dunno maybe its just because thats the type of music I listen too and I hate all this corny mainstreem stuff and then you got rap with the "yo wut da dill yo's" and then you got the "honkey tonk boot scoot and boogy" and then you got this feel sorry for me music from stained and other bands. Give me a break i'd rather listen to music that gets your adreniline going and almost goes from classical and then it gets super fast and hard. Heck my parents listens to killswitch engage just cuz they started to like the beats and the "classical" parts of it. lol, I'm done jabbering. I hope that post made since.

2qk4u
12-30-2002, 09:55 PM
i agree with ya also. i got heouvos 5 and its got some crappy tunes in it too. but what can you do other than not buy iy. just put the tv on mute i guess and play your own music in the backgroung. country,rock, hiphop or opera if you choose

roostin_dale
12-30-2002, 10:02 PM
i dont really like the music either...no offense to the people who do like it. But if you absolutily hate it turn the volume off and put your own music on.
I dont think Huevos 5 music is terrable..on the dvd you have different soundtracks to choose from.

Ryan
12-30-2002, 10:09 PM
As long as they make quad videos I will still watch them, even if it was rap :huh . Just put it on Mute. The behind the scenes stuff was cool, all quad sounds and know fast/slow motion. Lets wait for H6 and see what turns out. I hope its not techno music :huh

roostin_dale
12-30-2002, 10:19 PM
yea..i love the behind the scenes at Colorado Project.....i dont think Wes will put rap in H6..lol

RideRed04
12-30-2002, 11:25 PM
I like the music in them, it gets you in the mood to go pound around. I agree that they arent having as much fun as they used to...talk to anyone who gets too much into racing, and it is a constant stream of getting hurt and replacing stuff, it loses the fun factor. I think the most fun thing is to get with friends and pound around on a track, or hit some trails and just fart around.

zephead400ex
12-31-2002, 09:18 AM
Heck my parents listens to killswitch engage just cuz they started to like the beats and the "classical" parts of it.
Your parents are cool!:)

JTRtrx250r
12-31-2002, 09:31 AM
its exposure for up and coming bands,as a musician I respect it but I dont really appreciate it,look what Crusty did for bands like Monster magnet,Pennywise,and a few others,not to mention its to attract the younger crowds,some of it rips and some really does suck:rolleyes:

Woodsrider
12-31-2002, 12:04 PM
Just do what I did. borrow the dvd from someone, burn a copy and dub in your own selections;)

AndrewRRR
12-31-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Honda300Rider
Some of the music on the newer videos are horrible. All it is, is screaming. I like the music from the older videos. The music on them is awesome. Old School punk, and some metal. But I am with ya Lathers, 50/50 on the music !! Or with the DVDs, it would be cool if you could change it to just quads, or music, or even have both at the same time!

JMO
Craig

That sounds like a really good idea to me! Can you really change the soundtrack on the H5 dvd? Thats awesome.
I don't have H5 yet, I need to go out and score it. I have all the other ones and Quatros Locos. I am really glad I like the kind of music they play because if I hated it that would really take away from the coolness factor of Wes's vids.

muff
12-31-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR

That sounds like a really good idea to me! Can you really change the soundtrack on the H5 dvd? Thats awesome.
I don't have H5 yet, I need to go out and score it. I have all the other ones and Quatros Locos. I am really glad I like the kind of music they play because if I hated it that would really take away from the coolness factor of Wes's vids.

yeah you can change the soundtrack on it

I know you guys are sayin lets listen to the quads but when you slow videos down they obviously won't sound the same, practially all of the clips on H5 were slowed down, and if they left the quad sounds in there it would sound horrible, I've been making my own video and if I slow a clip down or speed it up I take out the sound on it, if I don't well, it just sounds like a roar instead of a quad

redroost85
01-02-2003, 02:32 PM
Thanks for all your input guys. I am not some old dude neither, not that there is anything wrong with that...I am 25 and the music is just not what gets my motor running. I wish for all quad sounds or some tunes that people have actually heard before. So I am not the only one who thinks this...I thought this was some kind of California thing....not that there is anything wrong with California!:D

infantry317
01-02-2003, 02:42 PM
C'mon guys, Wes is showing kick@zz stunts you need @ZZkickin music. I'm 31 and I think all the stuff on 4 was awesome, 5 wasn't bad. Live a little, no they don't have Garth Brooks and George Strait (puke) and IMHO a lot of these bands have more fire than Metallica (not ripping them, I've been to see them three times). You gotta change a little or life just gets boring. I love the Metal resurgence that started about four years ago. Dropkick Murphys are great live. just my .02 :devil