PDA

View Full Version : help... 07 ltz90 wont go

ROLLIN
04-06-2009, 05:30 PM
just looking for advice. i have an 07 ltz90 suk, that starts fine but it just doesn't have any power. it wont move with me on it. it just started doing this all of a sudden. sounds like its hitting the rev limiter or some thing is cutting it out, when you give it throttle. it stays running but just putts around sputtering. i have lots of experience with 450cc motors but these little guys idk. could it be the belt or cvt clutch? do they wear and slip? not many hours on it. any ideas?:ermm:

nordic quad
04-06-2009, 06:25 PM
A friend of mine had just about the same problem with his sons Z 90,he cleaned out the carb and changed the spark plug and it was fine again.Try the simple things first before digging in to the ctv.IMO

kartracer8j
04-06-2009, 10:09 PM
It does not sound like a belt - it sounds like it could be eletrical - like limiting rpm for some reason - i know some have a safety feature on in case of throttle sticking it limits rpm down to almost idle . check were the cable hooks to the thumb throttle . make sure everything is working properly . hope this helps .