View Full Version : Clutch cable

Dtrap
04-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Well I just got home from a few hours ridding and when I was moving the 250R around in the garage for parking I noticed the clutch cable is frayed pretty bad right by where it attaches to the clutch lever so I now need a new one. Do all year R's have the same cable or will I need a specific one for my 1987. Also what aftermarket cables do you guys like. Are there any upgraded cables that are better for some reason or should I just buy one from my honda dealer. I would like to not have to worry about the new one fitting for sure so any part numbers or links to a specific type would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help guys

05LSR250R
04-06-2009, 02:33 PM
I run OEM cables on my R. Just tell the dealer what year, they'll hook you up! Any year 86-89 will work!

Grande Huevos
04-06-2009, 03:13 PM
they r all the same but, if u want a nice up grade that makes all the diff in the world spend the money on a mangura hydro clutch. its $150 but its worth its weight in gold i promise!!

Dtrap
04-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the info. How much difference does the hydro clutch really make. I have looked at them but just wasnt sure if they would be worth it or not. Does it just make it alot easier to squeeze the lever?

Honda 250r 001
04-06-2009, 06:46 PM
it makes it way easier to pull the clutch. you also never haev to replace a cable again.

Aceman
04-06-2009, 08:33 PM
You also never have to adjust it. Now if they made something to eliminate the throttle cable we'd really be in business...

I hate lubing cables.

Grande Huevos
04-08-2009, 03:44 PM
dude it makes such a diff its not even funny. u wont believe it til ya squeeze it. w my cable my arm would b sore after a coulpe laps on my track then when i switched i could EASILY ride double the laps from before and not really feel it. They r NICE!!