PDA

View Full Version : 450R needs more power!!

zrider91r
04-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Ok so I broke the CT exhaust yesterday.
Dont know how, but there is a giant hole in it haha.

What would be a good replacement?
I want more bottom-Mid if possible.
I kinda need to stay under 99db for the WORCS series.

I was looking into sparks, are they good?

ALSO i am thinking i will replace the cam.
Whats the highest grind WEB CAM I can get without having to make modifications to the head?
I currently have the most mild one you can get from them.

hendershot106
04-06-2009, 11:39 AM
hmf sport series full system..... sparks full system....

zrider91r
04-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Which is better?

And i was looking at the full system.. Forgot to mention that

hendershot106
04-06-2009, 12:16 PM
they are both great systems..... as well as the dasa

zrider91r
04-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Dasa is a nogo for me.. Dont like that guy. Tried to get head work for the ltr and he couldn't tell me anything.

But what about a cam?

woodsracer882
04-06-2009, 11:26 PM
For a ltr why not the Yoshi exhaust?

zrider91r
04-07-2009, 01:10 AM
i have a yosh on my ltr.

Im talking about a honda

450rJam
04-07-2009, 03:49 AM
rossier makes a pretty good pipe for the honda 450r

sparks that I have heard are all real loud

if you need it quiet look into the venom performance pipe

S.A.J
04-07-2009, 04:39 AM
just cause you had a bad experience with dasa dont mean theyre products aint good,theyre pipe is one of the best IF not the best!!! i heard rossier was rly good too,sparks is good too,all the ones i heard are loud too though.

KTM450exc
04-07-2009, 05:42 AM
I have had HMF systems on all my race bikes including 4ooex , 450er , and a KTM 450 dirt bike. I have had great luck and zero problems,perfect fit and jetting was simple.The Harold Goodman and Wes Miller team used HMF at Baja this year and won.

zrider91r
04-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Oh im not diddin dasas products, just the customer service

Tommy Warren
04-07-2009, 11:07 AM
I'd go with motoworks. its a really lightweight system and gives good power through the whole band. and it sounds really nice but its not too loud.

spanky101
04-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Trying to keep the sound down is going to be your hardest thing i think. I would look into a hmf, personally i think they are some of the nicest pipes out there and they come in tons of colors and configurations.

jersey devil
04-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by zrider91r
Ok so I broke the CT exhaust yesterday.
Dont know how, but there is a giant hole in it haha.

What would be a good replacement?
I want more bottom-Mid if possible.
I kinda need to stay under 99db for the WORCS series.

I was looking into sparks, are they good?

ALSO i am thinking i will replace the cam.
Whats the highest grind WEB CAM I can get without having to make modifications to the head?
I currently have the most mild one you can get from them.

DASA all the way!Great fit,quality workmanship and performance improvement is just awesome!

mrnate400ex
04-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I have the DASA and a Web 943/921 cam in mine and it pulls really hard throughout the powerband.

Sjorge450R
04-09-2009, 09:30 AM
dont force the dasa on him...the reason people choose not to buy from certain people is from their personal experience. I wouldnt buy anything from someone that couldnt answer my questions.

any way. HMF have a proven highpower low noise full system as well as Rossier. Thing with the rossier is that you will need to get the Supertrapp endcap setup to muffle the noise down. I have teh SuperTrap discs and its really quiet.

jersey devil
04-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
dont force the dasa on him...the reason people choose not to buy from certain people is from their personal experience. I wouldnt buy anything from someone that couldnt answer my questions.

any way. HMF have a proven highpower low noise full system as well as Rossier. Thing with the rossier is that you will need to get the Supertrapp endcap setup to muffle the noise down. I have teh SuperTrap discs and its really quiet.

?????? No one is forcing anything on anybody!Just stating the facts.Where do you come off saying I'am forcing anybody to buy any specific product?Guy asked for advice and we try to help.So chill out guy.
We all are here to help and voice our opinions from experience and our knowledge.I haven't had any problems with DASA.Have you personally dealt with them?I have and also have experienced there product and it is a great quality piece and performance wise its awesome.
It is his decision to choose what he wants.
Have a nice day.

Nac's22
04-09-2009, 03:09 PM
I have the Sparks full ssystem on mine and I love it. It is a little loud but it passes the sound checks so I guess its not overly loud. Also I have a Web Cam, not sure what came it is but man this thing flys. Keep in mind I also have high compression and head work but it is extremely impressive.

Sjorge450R
04-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by jersey devil
?????? No one is forcing anything on anybody!Just stating the facts.Where do you come off saying I'am forcing anybody to buy any specific product?Guy asked for advice and we try to help.So chill out guy.
We all are here to help and voice our opinions from experience and our knowledge.I haven't had any problems with DASA.Have you personally dealt with them?I have and also have experienced there product and it is a great quality piece and performance wise its awesome.
It is his decision to choose what he wants.
Have a nice day.

calm down. I wasnt directing that towards you specifically. There were others saying to go with dasa and he had already said that he was not up to dealing with them. Post's like the one you just posted will be making you sign up for a new user name.....

jersey devil
04-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
calm down. I wasnt directing that towards you specifically. There were others saying to go with dasa and he had already said that he was not up to dealing with them. Post's like the one you just posted will be making you sign up for a new user name.....

I'am very calm just defending my opinion.There was nothing wrong with my last post or any of the other posts on this subject.
After looking over the posts on this subject I did notice that he had stated he was not dealing with DASA.So it was a simple mistake on my part not noticing that but my posts were in no way "forcing" or with no intent of "forcing as YOU said!
I've always been fair and helpful when I can be so perhaps you should do your homework before you judge someone so quick.
Further more I don't believe you have the authority to judge me and my posts and who are you to tell me that "posts like the one I just posted will be making me sign up for a new user name"?
I intend to be using this user name for a long time on this site and I don't believe you are anybody that can change that!
So that being said you have a nice day.

isma2racer9
04-10-2009, 10:05 AM
dasa and sparks are too loud and i think rossier is pretty loud too, try rage but idk about the noise on them fmf,hmf are probably your best bets

BlaineKaiser450
04-10-2009, 10:22 AM
my Joe Byrd Dasa is super quiet, or a Rossier with the disks would be good

Sjorge450R
04-10-2009, 01:44 PM
tomorrow i am planning on taking my R out. I will throw the discs on real quick and get a simple video for you. I will make one with the open cap and the closed cap so you can see the difference. Your best bet is to just get a pipe that is proven to be at under 100 like the HMF.

SR20motorsports
04-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I have a FMF megabomb and 4.1 silencer with the spark arrestor in. i love it and coudlnt be happier. it pulls hard from the bottom to the top. it's right at 99 decibles. i dont know how quite you are tryin to keep it but i would recommend the FMF with maybe a power core if you want a little quiter than 99

lzyga05
04-11-2009, 06:18 PM
hmf pipe .. and sparks cam imo

suzukiracer3
04-13-2009, 07:57 PM
i have motoworks and i love it. awesome power, and sounds awesome. but hey if u dont like dasa u dont like him personally not his products. but the dasa pipe is top notch as well. try motoworks u wont be disapointed

450rJam
04-14-2009, 03:36 AM
you could always go with the rage pipe
(its about a direct copy of the dasa)

jersey devil
04-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by 450rJam
you could always go with the rage pipe
(its about a direct copy of the dasa)

Might be a direct copy in looks but doubt if it is as far as performance.Lots of look alikes but thats as far as it goes!

mymastifftucker
04-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Love my Rossier.....like most of them its kinda loud, but I dont have the disks on the end. Everyone is comparing primarily noise levels in your thread, but make sure you look at some dyno graphs as well as the db rating to make your choice. It wont do much good to race if you have a quiet exhaust, but robs you of power!!

450rJam
04-14-2009, 02:42 PM
if you want the quietest pipe with the most performance

get the venom exhaust

I also love my rossier but its on the loud side (dont have disc's)

levi624
04-15-2009, 12:59 PM
I race worcs and I run the HMF ironman carbon full exhaust and love it. At sound check it reads 97db so a quit pipe and great power. I have been running it for 2 years now and no problems. Sound requirements for this year in worcs are 98db for amateur and 96db for pro and pro-am.

chayes627
04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
im just wondering where you get the venom exhaust?

450rJam
04-15-2009, 06:11 PM
venomperformance.net

advertised 96db with no quiet core restriction

lzyga05
04-18-2009, 02:00 PM
i hear the sparks cam is kick ***