PDA

View Full Version : What pipe to get?

AnDy7
04-06-2009, 11:29 AM
I currently have a red HMF slip-on and i'm not very happy with it. I have three pipes in mind Pro Circuit t-4, Yoshi Rs3 comp, and LRD pro4. What one should i get.
thanks

brodzowski
04-06-2009, 11:46 AM
I have NO knowlege first hand, but from what I've gathered and read it would seem that the Yoshi pipe is the best you can buy. That's just from people's opinions. I have no facts to back that up. I'm sorry to hear about your HMF slip on though. I just ordered one last week and it's not here yet. Can you tell me why you don't like it?

AnDy7
04-06-2009, 11:50 AM
I think its to loud, and gets annoying on rides. It's pretty much just a glass pack. i thought there would be more gains then there was. Mostly felt the power in mid range.

brodzowski
04-06-2009, 11:53 AM
So I take it you didn't have the quiet core then? I'm not a big fan of loud either, but I looked up all the different ones on youtube and tried to get an idea of what I liked soundwise. I thought I wanted the ballance pipe, but I really didn't like the "poppy" sound that I thought they had. The HMF sounded lower and grumbly to me. Everyone's camcorder mic is different of course but that's the only reference I had. :confused:

BEAVER.989
04-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Take a look at Motoworks, LRD and Sparks. These are the ones I'm currently considering.

AnDy7
04-06-2009, 11:56 AM
At idle it has a nice rumble to it. i think without quite core its like 102 dbls i think and with it its in the mid to high 90's not positive though.

AnDy7
04-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Beaver- i was looking at sparks but not willing to pay the amount for a full system. from reading posts getting the head pipe doesn't give much more power unless your engine is modded which mine is not, and i prolly will not mess around with it.

sprayedgt
04-06-2009, 11:59 AM
With the core in it's not loud at all. The Yosh pipe is the best. Speaking from experience here, not an opinion.

krt400ex
04-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by AnDy7
I think its to loud, and gets annoying on rides. It's pretty much just a glass pack. i thought there would be more gains then there was. Mostly felt the power in mid range.

well how quiet do you want it? you will mostly feel the power difference in the mid range. top end it not always affected much. i am running a yosh on mine without the quiet core and it is very loud. with it it is supposed to read in at 94db's. i am about 102 uncorked. most slip ons are basically glass packs. thats why i went wit a full system. it has longer and wider headers...helps flow for top end and the longer tubes help torque. i dont know the difference between just a slip on and a full system as i hyave never run anything but the full

krt400ex
04-06-2009, 12:53 PM
it sounds exactly like its supposed to in the video. no difference between the video and hearing it in person. one of the nicest sounding exhaust around IMO

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1kKd4hnyvjg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1kKd4hnyvjg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sprayedgt
04-06-2009, 01:19 PM
[i] i dont know the difference between just a slip on and a full system as i hyave never run anything but the full [/B]

It's the same pipe. The only difference is where it joins the mid pipe. The full pipe is bigger, the slip on is smaller to match the stock pipe. But not by much at all. The full system is good if you're going into the engine and only worth less than 1hp on an otherwise stock engine. Of course if you bore, stroke, cam the motor your gains will be higher with the full over the slip on.

AnDy7
04-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Nice video. i guess we will have to see. I am leaning on the yoshi. will i feel more power from the yoshi then the HMF?? and i do have it jetted right.

scuzz
04-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by AnDy7
I think its to loud, and gets annoying on rides. It's pretty much just a glass pack.

Honestly that is my biggest complaint about my Two Brothers on my 700xx, but on my 400EX the HMF sounded pretty good.

The Yoshimura and FMF mufflers sound the best IMO.

BassHunter0123
04-06-2009, 05:15 PM
get the Yoshi thats what i got and LOVE it

tom416ex
04-06-2009, 05:47 PM
andy7. I pmd you, but i have a pro circuit t-4 slip on, onmy 400ex right now. I wanna switch it up. Would you want to trade pipes, this would save you on speding money to buy another one, and it would help me out with getting another one? Let me know what you think. We can talk more if you want to.

04-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by tom416ex
andy7. I pmd you, but i have a pro circuit t-4 slip on, onmy 400ex right now. I wanna switch it up. Would you want to trade pipes, this would save you on speding money to buy another one, and it would help me out with getting another one? Let me know what you think. We can talk more if you want to.

sounds like a good deal. i like the sound of the t-4 personally

krt400ex
04-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by sprayedgt
It's the same pipe. The only difference is where it joins the mid pipe. The full pipe is bigger, the slip on is smaller to match the stock pipe. But not by much at all. The full system is good if you're going into the engine and only worth less than 1hp on an otherwise stock engine. Of course if you bore, stroke, cam the motor your gains will be higher with the full over the slip on.

lol that i know. what i didnt know was how much of a difference it made seat of the pants. lol

lilyamaharacer4
04-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Sparks is the way to go if you want the best

shok47
04-07-2009, 11:09 AM
I have the yoshi full system and it sounds nice. Though this is my first quad, but friend who have been riding for a long time say they love the sound of it, I do too.

AnDy7
04-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Cool looks like im going to order the yoshi then.. Thanks for all the replys.

07black400ex
04-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Two Brothers is a nice slip on.

killer400ex
04-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
it sounds exactly like its supposed to in the video. no difference between the video and hearing it in person. one of the nicest sounding exhaust around IMO

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1kKd4hnyvjg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1kKd4hnyvjg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> i think that my full hmf system sounds exactly the same as the one in this vid, i love my hmf, best pipe ive owned so farr, best sound throught the rpm ranges, not to mention how sick it sounds at idle

krt400ex
04-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by killer400ex
i think that my full hmf system sounds exactly the same as the one in this vid, i love my hmf, best pipe ive owned so farr, best sound throught the rpm ranges, not to mention how sick it sounds at idle

this is a yoshimura exhaust. its me riding the coal piles

sprayedgt
04-08-2009, 07:37 AM
An HMF and Yoshi DO NOT sound the same in person. In the video I don't think it sounds like it would in person. A Yoshi has a very unique sound. An HMF is just loud.

krt400ex
04-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by sprayedgt
An HMF and Yoshi DO NOT sound the same in person. In the video I don't think it sounds like it would in person. A Yoshi has a very unique sound. An HMF is just loud.

loud and raspy. the yoshi in the video dont sound loud and raspy lol. they have a deep tonal quality which is one of the reasons i bought it. they just sound so good.

sprayedgt
04-08-2009, 11:07 AM
I agree. I don't know why people spend so much money on a toy, just to skimp on what they put on it. Be it oil, exhaust, or filter. If you want the best get a Yoshi. If you want a much lesser quality pipe that's overly loud, and nearly everyone has, get an HMF.

iflyhigh122
04-08-2009, 11:50 AM
CHM P-4R Slip on. Great Sound and power

http://www.chmexhaust.com/

rob_990
04-08-2009, 12:48 PM
the only pipe id get over an hmf is white bros or sparks

krt400ex
04-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by rob_990
the only pipe id get over an hmf is white bros or sparks

white bros garbage. that is the last system i would buy. plus i heard somewhere that they went out of business

sprayedgt
04-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
white bros garbage. that is the last system i would buy. plus i heard somewhere that they went out of business

They did.