PDA

View Full Version : engine wont start

qeddy84
04-06-2009, 05:08 AM
hey peps back on with yet another problem i was rideing my 250r and it just reved ot i jumped off i thout it was gona blow bt anyway now it wont fire up ther seems to be pretty gud compression bt the engine doesent have that kickback effect wen u try and kick it. it just wont fire its sparking ok and its getting fuel also after she reved out i took the fueltank off and the petcock was blocked with dirt could that be the reoson it reved out? any input would be great

LTandRaptorider
04-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Yes, it over-revved because the dirty petcock caused it to all of a sudden not get fuel. It's like if you shut the petcock off while the engine is running. When it gets close to using up the fuel from the carb, it will rev faster. The fuel mixture becomes very lean at this point, that is why it happens. Anyway... You have spark, but it won't kick over. How long did it over-rev before you shut it off? Sounds like best case scenario, you need new piston rings. But I wouldn't be surprised if you will have to bore the cylinder and get next size piston.

matt1106
04-08-2009, 06:31 PM
It doesnt look good for you.... u leaned it...you beat it....you blew it.... sorry for your bad luck, ive seen it happen alot and it happens fast