PDA

View Full Version : SnOw RiDiNg

BassBunny26
12-30-2002, 02:11 PM
I went "snow riding" last night with my cousin and his friends. I used his small little 90 Honda....and I*ll tell ya it was HORRIBLE in the snow...by rumour people were saying that the smaller the quad, the harder to handle in the snow. Now, I don't know if it was the tires that were "nearly bald" or it really was the fact that smaller quads don't mix with snow. I don't a lot about quads becuz i just ride...but could anyone tell me about this so-called "rumour" that little quads arent good in snow....thanks, i'd appreciate it.

Nausty
12-30-2002, 02:13 PM
pry because most of the tires on them are so small, I know when i rode a pw80 which was a small trail bike the tires would just sink in the sand and I would fall over right when i got going again. lol.

BlasterRider200
12-30-2002, 02:18 PM
yo my lil sis has a sportrax 90 and that thing is fun in the snow :D

BassBunny26
12-30-2002, 02:21 PM
actually the lil 90 is a ton of fun!! its just pretty nasty in the snow....but i didnt say it wasnt fun! haha

QuadJunkies
12-30-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by BassBunny26
I went "snow riding" last night with my cousin and his friends. I used his small little 90 Honda....and I*ll tell ya it was HORRIBLE in the snow...by rumour people were saying that the smaller the quad, the harder to handle in the snow. Now, I don't know if it was the tires that were "nearly bald" or it really was the fact that smaller quads don't mix with snow. I don't a lot about quads becuz i just ride...but could anyone tell me about this so-called "rumour" that little quads arent good in snow....thanks, i'd appreciate it. WEll, I gues alot deoneds on the mini ,tires, ect.. We have a 50 and a 90 and bot do just fine in snow and sand,but.. they are far from kickin it like on hard pack ...We have Fast trekkers on the 90 and Kenda path finders on the 50, both do realy well in sand and snow..:)