PDA

View Full Version : Good Friend lost.

Sanddraging28
04-05-2009, 08:56 PM
As if my week could get any worse....it did:(

My first Search and Rescue K-9 partner "brutus" lost his battle with cancer this afternoon.

"Brutus" was a 12 yr old Australian Shepard. spent his first 9 yrs with me and 7 yrs as my Search and Rescue Partner.
In his 7 yrs in search and rescue, brutus has been a part of 17 successful search missions.
He was an amazing search dog and most of all part of my family. The kind of dog that always knew when you had a bad day and always knew when it was time to just look at you and listen. Never had a problem getting up in the middle of the night to go to work. slept under my daughters crib for the first 2 months after she was born. Defended the back yard from any cat, squrriel, deer or tweety bird that got to close!!

i retired him 3 yrs ago to my parents horse farm in Ocala, Florida. He spent 3 wonderful years in the sun and the sand. Never losing his will to work.

A awesome partner, hard worker and most of all, A friend

Please take a minute to thank your public service members.
Your Police, Firefighters,EMT's and Paramedic's and Search and Reacue Members.
Take a min and stop by the station and shake some hands, say "thanks".

I spend so much time on this forum, i figured that i would post this here.

Gibson
04-05-2009, 09:06 PM
i know how it feels to lose a dog that's been in your life for so long, they become a part of the family. i'm sorry to hear that man.

hypersnyper6947
04-05-2009, 09:39 PM
im sorry to hear that, thank you and your companion for all your services

powermadd400ex
04-05-2009, 11:16 PM
sorry to hear that bud :(
i thank you and brutus for what you both have done.

04-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss... Brutus and yourself are in my prayers.

bigd's ex
04-06-2009, 04:50 AM
Sorry to here about Brutus. I dread the day that our lab, Wiley has to leave us. He's just like the way you desribed Brutus, the most loyal friend a person can have.
" THANK YOU & BRUTUS " for your service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :macho

Kalejime
04-06-2009, 06:15 AM
Id be destroyed... I really feel for you loss... Thanks for all you do... Id feel the same way the day mine has to go... A dog like that is the best of friends...

jcs003
04-06-2009, 06:51 AM
my condolences. i lost my dog a few years ago and remember all the funny things he did. we just lost three police officers here two days ago, so i respect the work police, fireman and etc. do for very little pay.

bigbad400
04-06-2009, 09:27 AM
sorry for your loss, have you ever seen marley and me? its a good movie about a dog, sad but very good. even if they eat you shoes and poop on the floor we still love em, i had a dog as a kid, like 3 years old when i got him, sinbad was his name, i was 17 when that dog passed, and i still miss him, im 22 now, there part of the family. and again sorry for your loss.

scuzz
04-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Good dog. Good dog.

This is what I told mine when I had to put her to sleep.

Ntensweapon
04-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Sorry for your loss. Dogs definately become part of the family and it's never easy to loose one. My prayers to you and yours.

I think service/working dogs are so damn cool!!

honda400ex2003
04-06-2009, 01:04 PM
sorry to hear that, dogs are fun. my sympathies, steve

coryatver
04-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Sorry for your loss and thanks for your service.

Sanddraging28
04-12-2009, 09:31 PM
i want to take a moment to thank everybody that replied to my post about losing "brutus". it really means a lot to me. while losing him was rough, he is not forgotten as i have a son of his that is 3 years old and has taken "brutus's" spot as my K-9 partner
i was a little apprehensive about making a thread about something not related in any way to atv's. the response i got has showed me that my decision to post it was a good one.
as Honda400ex2003 said in a message to me, it proves that this is not just internet forum, its a close knit community of like minded people.
Again, thank you.