PDA

View Full Version : typhoon 125 motor or parts for sale, all here

asohagan
04-05-2009, 08:53 PM
I have a complete 125 motor. i put in a 140 . it has a broken tooth in the trans. or so i think. it has maybe 10hrs on it. all other parts are good. make offer on them or the whole motor. you pay shipping. thanks alot
banshee 631

double d 1
04-06-2009, 09:43 AM
hey a fellow okie!!! i just put one in to. my son likes it alot better. i put the evos 140 in. looks cool with the red plates on it.

asohagan
04-06-2009, 02:49 PM
not to many okies on here. you should bring your boy out to the races in harrah. we have one race left and it is a non points fun race. it is flattrack. it gives the kids a lot of good experience for holeshot lessons. me and my two sons are hooked. i left you a pm give me a call

double trouble
04-06-2009, 06:07 PM
I have two extrme's and was thinking of changing out the motors to the evos 140. how does it run and was it a fairly easy fit and does the stock exhaust fit. and do they wire up the same

double d 1
04-07-2009, 07:47 AM
we did the races last year at yahoo in Kellyville he had the stock motor. If he would have went to the last race he would have got second place in points in the begginer class. i didnt get the 140 installed untill a few weeks ago. i want to go to harrah. i'll try to make it.
It fits just like the stock motor, but the two tabs by the front sprocket were to close, i had to bend them out a little bit to get the motor in. the stock exhaust does work. i never wired up anything before like this but it was really simple. you only use two wires from the new engine, just splice them in. i still have the old wiring harness in so the key still works. this thing runs way better than the 125, it builds power alot faster. i still have the stock gearing. i would buy the mikuni vm26mm carb. i have the oko 26 but everyone seems to have good luck with the vm.

leager-n-ky
04-10-2009, 02:06 PM
If you think you have a broken tranny gear, because the bike will start, and run fine. But will not move, or go into gear?? It is the crank, on the clutch side. If you pull the side cover off, you will be able to tell.

asohagan
04-12-2009, 08:55 PM
i did all that and the crank is fine. you could still ride it, it just made a loud popping noise every now and then.

i am using the mikuni 22mm carb that came on my bike and it runs great. i am more than happy with it. he raced a cr85 custom framed bike and pulled away from it on the straights.