PDA

View Full Version : santa brought me a gps

tom400ex
12-30-2002, 01:57 PM
its a magellan meridian platinum. do any of you guys have this or use other gps systems. Its pretty cool! I'm still figuring stuff out on it. can't wait to get out on my bike and get a top speed reading from it! sweet....

killed300ex
12-30-2002, 03:41 PM
anyone used of of those new gps radio/2way radios? MY soon to be uncle in law bought himself one form what he said the y are crazy 5 mile talking distance and its got a gps unit built in so that you can find the person you are talking to and ect and its got the estimated ground traeling time if you plug in certain point ect it sounds so cool i cant wait ot go wheeling with him to try the thing out
killed

Atreyu
12-30-2002, 03:43 PM
hey tom..what town in NJ are you from? Im in Hopatcong. Never herd of a GPS though.

Knight440
12-30-2002, 03:52 PM
GPS are pretty kool but you will need a mount for your bars it needs to be in direct view of the sky to work and as far as top speed there ok not realy that accurate I have been clocked at 70mphs walking across the back yard before :rolleyes:

If ya need a hand finding the mount let me know:) you can see my mount here well not realy a great pic of it but it works mint.

http://www.geocities.com/knightsounds_2000/day9.html

Best mount for anything go to this site!!!!!!
http://www.ram-mount.com/atvmotor.htm

tom400ex
12-30-2002, 03:53 PM
i live in oakridge right near hopatcong
GPS is a global positioning system. It tracks satillights and gives you all sorts of info. like position speed direction maps and a ton of other useful and non-useful but cool stuff too.

tom400ex
12-30-2002, 04:00 PM
you can walk 70 mph!!!!!! lol
the other day i was driving and my speedo and the gps where like 1mph different. so its seems pretty accurate. I think there is ways to callabrate it too if its really off. I have'nt got throught the manual yet. I HATE READING MANUALS
:D
thanks for the mounting info i've been searching for it. how do the mounts hold up are they secure?

Doibugu2
12-30-2002, 04:14 PM
Do a search, there was a real good thread about this awhile back. A couple people posted pics and stuff and how to mount it good.

DGR Designs
12-30-2002, 04:24 PM
i have hered things about the mounts tho that involve vibrations shutting off or kiling the batteries fast.

Atreyu
12-30-2002, 04:26 PM
Oh my dad has/had (accident) one of those in his truck. It has the map and stuff.

stupid driver
12-30-2002, 05:38 PM
santa didnt bring me anything this year :( , he was still a little ticked that i shot his reindeer last year. How could i help it, Blitzen had a huge rack:devil