PDA

View Full Version : jug bore size

olwhitey
04-05-2009, 06:06 PM
first off, love this site. found lots of good info for my 400ex rebuild so far but have hit a snag and need some help, and yall seem very knowledgable!
anyways, i bought a 440 that had the wristpin come loose and mess the motor up. it came with the stock piston and jug also, but the headstuds have pulled the threads out, but he sleeve was still good. got another jug that was suppose to be stock bore but mic'd it and it was 88.xx mm. so i thought i could put the stock sleeve i got in with the bike, but the jug bore was too big on the jug i had gotten. looks to be bored out some but it doesnt look like its bored as big as the 440 jug?

do the jugs come with different jug bores or is this some oddball one?
jus trying to figure out what i have so i can go from here

thanks for any advice or ideas
paul

Sanddraging28
04-05-2009, 08:11 PM
the jug bore is always the same
it only gets bigger if the sleeve is replaced with a big bore sleeve.
as far as the jug with the bad head studs you can have helicoils put in and it will be stronger than it was stock. i have done it a bunch.

i see you are in KY, what part???

olwhitey
04-05-2009, 08:28 PM
yea i have heard about the helicoils but 3 of the studs need them and like 1 of the smaller bolts too. rather use a good jug with good threads. i got a 440 jug also and i might press the sleeve out of it and compare to the one i have. i live in frankfort. u know anyone that would want to trade a good stock jug for a 440 jug and the one that needs helicoiled?

Sanddraging28
04-05-2009, 08:30 PM
i will keep my ears open and let you know if i hear anything