PDA

View Full Version : starter questions

jas250r
04-05-2009, 05:24 PM
got an 04, brand new cbr battery. just doesn't roll motor over fast enough to start. valves are good, pulled plug and rolled motor over using rachet on flywheel nut and rolls over very easy. ran an extra ground from motor to frame no difference. checked one way and it is good. what about the piece from the starter to the one way? how do you check this? i have tried replacing the starter relay and starter no luck. pull starting it starts instantly. i'am down to buying the kicker kit! i have checked every thing i can think of. i even used a jumper cable set and hooked battery direct to starter, no difference. help

Fast450yfz
04-05-2009, 06:19 PM
rock the kickstart i put it on mine and havent used the electric start since

Ride1Rob
04-05-2009, 07:46 PM
If you tried to jump it using your vehicle and it wouldn't start it's not the battery. There's something else going on. I'm thinking your starter is crapping out or there's a bad connection somewhere.

jas250r
04-06-2009, 01:24 PM
i haven't tried to jump it from a vehicle, only pull started from a buddies truck. is there anything to the starter gear? how do you check it? And if i get the kicker kit is there anything special to know? see some post with certain exhaust hitting? where is the best place and price? I will still leave the battery on. trying to figure this out makes me want to burn this mother!