PDA

View Full Version : Fan wont run on Quad, will if bench tested

jimmy7120
04-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Like the title says, I have an 06 450 kicker that the fan will not work on the quad, I have tried taking off the wire that plugs into the thermostat and grounding it, but it doesn't come on.

I took the fan off today and hooked it up to a 10volt charge and the fan worked great... any ideas why this could be happening.

The only thing I can think of was when I tried to ground the wire initially I had it touching the stock factory painted top frame rail, and maybe it was not getting a good enough ground. I think maybe if I just ground the wire on the coil for the spark plug it should work. Or is there anything else I should look for. Thanks for reading and any help...
James

andrew450r
04-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Did you remove your key?

raw67
04-05-2009, 05:05 PM
I have an 05 and mine is wired to one of the bolts that holds the coil and I haven't had any problems. If its not working and the fan is definately good then you don't have a good ground.....

jimmy7120
04-05-2009, 06:39 PM
The key is still on the quad. I am going to try to ground the wire to the coil and see if it works, if not I will let you guys know.

jimmy7120
04-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Well I got it figured out today, I was not getting a good ground on the wire. I grounded the wire off the themostat to the coil for the sparkplug and now the fan runs when the quad is on.

Thanks for the help.