PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Truck,Quad,RZR, Trailer, etc.....HELP!!!!

FISH ON!
04-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Had a weekend of GNCC racing planned in SC this week. Rode the track Friday, registered and went to the hotel in Clinton SC just of hwy56 (Comfort Inn Suites.) Parked the truck and trailer at the back door of the lobby. You could see the truck from the front registration desk !!!! Blocked it in with my wifes car. Was waken by a loud truck at 3:18 am, looked out the hotel window to see a truck and trailer speeding off.....it wasn't mine, thought it was strange but went back to sleep. Got up at 6:00 am and my truck and trailer were gone. Turns out two of us were wripped off. The other family owned the truck that woke me up and they seen their own truck being stolen and called the cops right away. My truck was right behind it but I never did see it...........good thing probably because I would have tried to chase them in the wife's car. Hotel mgr seen them leave and said one of the trailers was on two wheel around the turn.

Here's what we lost. If you have any info, please call 706-830-7491, Todd Jones.

2003 GMC Crew Cab 2500 HD Duramax (White in mint condition w/cap)

14' utility trailer with tool box and expanded metal sides (spotty primer on fenders and Can-am stickers)

2008 DRR 90 L/C Red with Hot Quad stickers, #77 Zach Jones and extras

Brand New 2009 Polaris RZR 800 (it has a unique yellow plastic ball on the wench strap....no other has this ball)

Tons of gear, parts, cameras, computer, blackberry, 20 years worth of key tools, and much more. It goes without saying that we are crushed. My son is 10 and this was his first GNCC season. I was hoping to run the RZR in the UTV race. Thiefs suck !!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/Zachs%20action%20photos/IMG_0241.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/Zachs%20action%20photos/IMG_0243.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/Zachs%20action%20photos/IMG_0785.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/Zachs%20action%20photos/IMG_0956.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/Zachs%20action%20photos/IMG_0791.jpg

drxracing
04-05-2009, 01:05 AM
that **** sucks i live in CA dont know if it would come this way but we will keep are eyes open you can bet on that !!!

QuadJunkies
04-05-2009, 11:55 AM
That is HORRBILE!!
I hope you are able to find these thugs and throw the book at them!:mad:

Blazer25
04-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Wow, that is horrible. I couldn't even imagine that happening to me. I feel for you. Living in Indiana, I probably won't see your items, but I will definately keep an open mind if I see something similar to what you lost.

I hope you find your stolen goods. You have given me a lesson in life about how vulnerable you are in an unfamiliar area. We stay at hotels a lot with our equipment. I will be extra careful on our overnight stays now. I hope they catch the low lifes that did it. Good luck.

cook65xc
04-05-2009, 01:18 PM
I live on the nc-sc line, i will keep my eye out for it, hope you catch the dirt bags!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryki3r
04-05-2009, 01:56 PM
If your black berry was in the truck, they have a built in gps you can call your carrier and have it located!!!!!!!!!! Sprint/ Nexel has done this for me.

quadinfamily
04-05-2009, 02:29 PM
sorry to here that Todd i will keep my eye out for your lost . Joe

FISH ON!
04-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the call............ I checked with the cell phone company (Alltel) and they said they can't track the phone.

Ryki3r
04-05-2009, 02:44 PM
does the truck have the onstar? sry you prob. already thought of this but wanted to check.

FISH ON!
04-05-2009, 03:12 PM
no ONSTAR but the next one will!

GNCC Laeger 250
04-05-2009, 04:45 PM
That is really horrible.......The SOB's suck!!!!!!

Really sorry to hear that. I hate to hear of such stuff.
I hope your little one gets his quad back.

Blaine

sheriff525
04-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I am sure when the cops catch the guys in your truck they are going to lay a serious smack down.
You will not want your stuff back after it is stolen. It is never the same. My buddies renegade was stollen and it had all the bells and whistles on it. Cops found it and returned it to him. His insurance spent another $8000.00 just trying to get it to run right because they buggerd it so bad. He wishes now he never picked it up and just got the insurance to pay for a new one. Always get a new one!

travis rimmer
04-06-2009, 12:37 AM
that sucks im going to show all my riding buddies the pictures here in augusta ga area,hard to beleave they can steal such a new truck mines a 05 chevy hd,been checking on it alot more latley

JAG Motosports
04-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Sorry to hear about that. We'll keep an eye out here in Central Florida for you. Have the police thoroughly questioned the employees at the hotel? Sounds like an inside job. But who knows these days!:mad:

hotquads1
04-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Todd, I know exactly how disappointed your kid is , It was hard explaining to my boys when our stuff got stolen, they could not comprehend that someone would take their quads. We wil keep an eye out here in Alabama, keep us posted on your progress .
marc

FISH ON!
04-06-2009, 08:12 AM
The police didn't do much. They pretty much just tok my report and put a bulletin out. Heck they were patrolling the parking lot that night. The officer said he was through twice prior to the theft and even recalled seeing my truck parked. Kinda surprises me that with them being called as the vehicles we being stolen that they couldn't catch up with them or no officer that night seen the vehicles. It wasn't like the thiefs had a head start. The thiefs must have known the hotel had no outside security cameras.

FISH ON!
04-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Just got confirmation from my insurance company that the RZR and Quad plus all the racing parts that go along with them are NOT covered ($20K plus.) Live and learn is about all I can say at this point.

Spread the word and help me get these jerks.

:mad:

Nick's #1 Fan
04-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Did you have a GPS? We live here in Washington and have heard of people's GPS' getting stolen and then the thief's touch that little button that says home and guess what the next thing that is robbed. I only mention it because you said they took some keys. I don't know how far you live from the GNCC track but it is something you may want to watch for.

Sorry for your loss. Our house was robbed 2 weeks before Christmas and they took all of my sons riding gear, all of my guns, archery, jewelry, and cameras just to name a few things. They could have easily taken his mod 90 quad but I think they didn't have the room.

Toughest thing I had to do was tell my son his stuff was gone.

Hope you find those jerks. We're a long way from there but we will keep our eyes open

Chris

FISH ON!
04-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah they got the GPS and it had the HOME button programmed. We live 2 hours away and were are concerned about them having are home address. They didn't get any keys though and thankfully no garage door openner either. I believe everything else I have left is covered with the exception of my YFZ450 which will be insured this week. My buddies Smith and Wesson are standing by as well.

I've hit a lot of Forums with a few thousand hits already......if the idiots try to sell them whole in the south east, my gut tells me I might hear about it sooner or later. Maybe that is just wishfull thinking. The police told me again today that they are investigating and they believe it is a ring that follows the race circuit. The officer claimed they haven't had a hit of that magnitude in their little town. BTW....the police station was less than 2 miles down the road and they were notified while the theft was in progress!!

raptorobbie
04-07-2009, 06:23 AM
getting that much stuff stolen is the worst!! I actually had a dream that our stuff got stolen last night!! I would like to hear what products (alarm systems etc) people are using to protect their cars, trucks, trailers and atvs etc. maybe on a separate thread? I do hope these people are caught & justice served...

sheriff525
04-07-2009, 12:02 PM
I would revisit your insurance company becuase if the trailer is attached to your truck then anything in it would be covered under your truck insurance. They are not your friends. I deal with them all the time they will try to screw you over the minute they have to penny up. I know here if your in an accident with a trailer, the insurance would be from the truck to cover all the damages. So it should be the same unless you did not have theft insurance on the truck.

Raise some hell. It works with the insurance company. They just are a bunch of profesional bullies!.

By the way Police are not always sitting in the cop shop. The majority of the time they are out and about responding to calls like yours. I know when vehicles get stolen here we don't do a whole lot because it turns very dangerous very fast. Imagine a 2.5 tonne weapon being operated by a guy that doesn't want to get caught. That is how innocent people get killed.

Wired
04-07-2009, 02:59 PM
This is only 40 miles from where our stuff was taken earlier this year! we had our truck, trailer with 4 brand new DS 450's with all our tools and riding gear stolen from a hotel parking lot just like you. We haven't heard any updates so our stuff is long gone, but i would bet a lot of money that the people that took your stuff is connected to the people that took ours. if you need any help let me know, i wanna catch these people!!!

Jon

Wired
04-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by sheriff525
I would revisit your insurance company becuase if the trailer is attached to your truck then anything in it would be covered under your truck insurance. They are not your friends. I deal with them all the time they will try to screw you over the minute they have to penny up. I know here if your in an accident with a trailer, the insurance would be from the truck to cover all the damages. So it should be the same unless you did not have theft insurance on the truck.

Raise some hell. It works with the insurance company. They just are a bunch of profesional bullies!.

By the way Police are not always sitting in the cop shop. The majority of the time they are out and about responding to calls like yours. I know when vehicles get stolen here we don't do a whole lot because it turns very dangerous very fast. Imagine a 2.5 tonne weapon being operated by a guy that doesn't want to get caught. That is how innocent people get killed.

Nothing in our trailer was covered either, nor was anything inside the truck. Lost over 30k that day :(

ATV403
04-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by sheriff525
I would revisit your insurance company becuase if the trailer is attached to your truck then anything in it would be covered under your truck insurance.

That is not the case anymore. We had a big discussion about this on a thread a couple years ago. I personally always thought if the truck and trailer was attached everything was covered. You need a seperate policy for your trailer. You can get very good trailer and its contents insurance for very cheap.

FISH ON!
04-11-2009, 09:59 AM
I got a call today (Saturday the 11th) from the Hayward County NC Sherriff's department and my truck was found burnt to the ground. No sign of anything else yet. What a waste of a perfect truck! The truck was found in the Great Smokey Mountain National Park area by the NC/TN line off of Harmon Den Rd. Looks like they just got off I-40 and ditched it.

In summary......... stolen in Clinton SC, some gear sold in Traveler's Rest SC, Truck toasted in Hayward County NC off I-40.

Still have a $2000 Reward out on the ATV and RZR.

QuadJunkies
04-11-2009, 10:20 AM
That is horrible :(

Jon, did you ever recover any of your stuff?

QuadJunkies
04-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by ATV403
That is not the case anymore. We had a big discussion about this on a thread a couple years ago. I personally always thought if the truck and trailer was attached everything was covered. You need a seperate policy for your trailer. You can get very good trailer and its contents insurance for very cheap.

Thats what we had to do as well,but are you sure it covers the contents? My Insurance I dont remember saying anything about that ,only on the trailer. I thought the quad insurance itself covers the theft,but maybe Im wrong on that ,maybe its addiotional add on coverage .I guess some could have to do on the Insurance Co. as well I guess since they have dif. policies.
Our insurance was very cheap .

Ryki3r
04-11-2009, 11:19 AM
U can get ins. on contents. ( it is seperate.) you put the dollar amount and pay the premium on that amout. The truck ins only covers damage to other property. ie trailer comes loose or you take a corner to quick and rub something. The insurance for contents is base on the amount you want. When you do have a claim you had better have pics of everything if you have the policy for contents. I too have been through this with State farm ins. The tow vehicle ins. only cover other property damage. not yours!! Viper makes an alarm that will work on your tailer and truck that has a paging service to your phone or you can buy a seperate pager made by Viper. It will alert you when someone has tampered with you vehicle or trailer. It also has a locating device. The trailer will need to have a battery. mine was hooked to the break away battery.( It charges when the truck is hooked to it)

TRM 33
04-11-2009, 01:11 PM
My State Farm agent said they would not cover a race quad at all. It would not be included in contents because it has a motor. All gear and tools would be covered under homeowners. Anyone know of a policy to cover the race quad and spare motor?

Ryki3r
04-11-2009, 01:25 PM
we only have coverage on theft on the quad. They would not cover anything else on the quad. We also had to sign a waiver to that.

TRM 33
04-11-2009, 01:32 PM
What company are you with?

Ryki3r
04-11-2009, 01:58 PM
state farm Indiana, trailer and contents are with progressive Indiana,
I don't know if the state makes a difference or not.

450rJam
04-11-2009, 02:25 PM
sounds like its time for a sting operation, these peices of crap are making rounds

bait truck with ignition interuptor and about 10 friends to kick some heads in would work nicely

they need to make some examples out of the M____ F'in crooks

QuadJunkies
04-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by TRM 33
. All gear and tools would be covered under homeowners. Anyone know of a policy to cover the race quad and spare motor?
I think there must be variations on dif. companies because my homeowners will not cover it ,it only covers it if its stolen from when its on my property. Someone stole about $2000.00 worth of gear out of our truck last year at Nationals and NONE of my Insurance would cover it .
We have Farm Bureau and Geico for the quads and HomeOwners.

NSTIG8R
04-11-2009, 08:12 PM
In PA you can cover a race quad (not sure aout the xtra motor), it must be added to your Auto insurance. You can have it appraised if you have mods. We have full coverage on all of ours. Many think it covered on home owners b/c the policy says ATV's are covered. However, it is if they are used for maintenance such as plowing or grass cutting. Seen many people loose everything thinking it was covered. Had a friend whos house destroyed 3 race quads who was told home owners will cover but didn't.

Hope the guys are found. I had a truck & ATV stolen years ago. Found the totalled truck lost the quad but had coverage on it all. Nobody was ever caught.

mecheech
04-11-2009, 10:37 PM
I am thinking about picking up one or two of these. Trackstick (http://www.trackstick.com/index.html)

And our insurance thru State farm for my quad won't cover it if I say I race it.

Ryki3r
04-12-2009, 11:19 PM
http://www.bikebone.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PTS-1P&Category_Code=Trailer-Security&Store_Code=BBSC

Here is the alarm we currently have. on the big trailer.

THARNESS
04-13-2009, 09:41 AM
My kids have 3 mods and I have been unable to find anyone to insure them. If anyone has any info on someone who will, please let me know.

3400ben
04-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Before this had happend I was talking to my insurance broker about insuring our stuff. With our insurance, Quads need their own policy for theft, fire and liability about $70 a year. They are not insured under homeowners in the garage or in a trailer . They treat them as a truck or car. The trailer needs it's own policy. The contents in the trailer need insured under cargo insurance.

EthansDad
04-14-2009, 08:22 PM
that trackstick looks cool, but won't solve the problem. a device like that locates itself and logs data to memory to be read later (like when it comes home and you hook it to a PC). if your stuff is stolen, yes, your GPS will track/log it, but has no way to "call home" and tell you where it is, which is what you need. sounds more like lowjack or something like that might be better.

mecheech
04-14-2009, 09:19 PM
I just took the time to check it out more and , yeah it doesn't give U a means of locating it after being stolen and plus they say it can't be surrounded by metal (trailer), it must have clear view for satellite.