PDA

View Full Version : Aahhhhhhh I Am Pist My Pipe Aint Lining Up

bigbadbrad
12-30-2002, 11:56 AM
well as my subject says my pipe is not lining up. i have a hmf slip on for my 300ex and i just got back in form trying to put it on and the mounting holes will not line up i tried pushing down on the pipe and it just pulls the header down also and then the header pushes against the clutch cable. i need some help it is with the stock header for now because i dont have a header gasket for my wb header yet because the honda shop did not get it in yet. so i need you help how do you mount your pipe? did you put the silincer on and then put the header or the other way which is what i am doin and it is pissing me off so please hlep me.

jerry-89-250R
12-30-2002, 01:20 PM
did you leave your headpipe loose while trying too mount your pipe

bigbadbrad
12-30-2002, 03:58 PM
el bumpo
i just came back in from puting it on again. now i got it on put on my white brothers header and i got the top mount of the pipe to fit but now the bottom mount is about an inch off and i got a spark arestor for it and it was shooting out flames:eek: so i need to jet it but is it runing rich or lean? and also yes i did loosen up my header and it still did not work.

Doibugu2
12-30-2002, 04:02 PM
Now, I have never put a pipe on before, but you have to be doing something wrong. You're sure nothing is bent, corrected?

If nothing is bent, I sugguest taking everything off, asemble it on the ground and try and line it up by hand. Its going to give you a better indication of what is wrong.

But sorry I cant be of more help. Its probably just something stupid. Your sure your not missing some mounting hardware. Like its supposed to be an inch off, and your missing a bracket. Call HMF, they should know best.

300exryder
12-30-2002, 04:07 PM
im not trying to insult yor intelligence but maybe it isnt supposed to line up with the stock exhaust holes. i know on My megamax i didnt use one of the stock holes. instead a clamp is used to hold the pipe on and a bolt goes through the clamp and into one of the stock holes.
Do you have a pic?

bigbadbrad
12-30-2002, 04:15 PM
bump
i think i am going to take it all back off then put the stock one back on and have my mechanic put it on for me and jet it at the same time. as far as i can tell nothing is bent. i got my pipe from rec unlimited and they frogot the hard ware so hmf sent it to me for free. they are very nice about dealing with there costumers and i have been e-mailing him with my problems. here is a pic of kennyg's quad with an hmf pipe and wb header ans his lined up fine. as i said tommorw i will just put back the stock exuhst on. you see where the bottom mount is mine is like an inch off from that area that is an inch out not before

TRX_Thumper
12-30-2002, 07:09 PM
now use some commose sense here save some money...if the bottom mount is actually an inch away what else can the mechanin you take it to do?? its not like puttin a muffler takes special tools or special brain powers

bigbadbrad
12-31-2002, 12:44 PM
bump
well i tried puting the siclincer on it self and the front hole i s off by like a cm to the side. so i am going to try to get it to work when it is not as cold outside because i was frezzing my hands when i was working on it theis morning. and thumper i am going to have a mechanic do it because i am just probaly doing some thing really stupid and that is probaly it.

ZRider400
12-31-2002, 08:25 PM
did you try using some sort of spacers??........i had trouble like that with my old hetrick silencer on my blaster. so i took about 5 washers and spaced the top mount out and it helped the bottom one line up. hope this works....