PDA

View Full Version : Truck Problems

RedneckRacing18
04-04-2009, 06:20 PM
My Truck Is A Dodge Ram 1500 V8, Problem In The First Say With In 10 Minutes Of It Running It Will Miss Out Almost To A Die Then Itll Quit Missing Out and Be Fine Then If I Turn It Off And Start Drivin Again Itll Start Missing Out Again With In The Same Amount Of Time,...Say Im Going 45 And It Starts Missing Out Drop To Around 35-40 And Itll Stop Missing Out.....Any Ideas? Ive heard Plug Wires & A Pick Up Coil So Far.

mxtuner
04-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Yea id change the plugs, plug wires, cap and rotor.

Alberta_Qaudin
04-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by mxtuner
Yea id change the plugs, plug wires, cap and rotor.

this is close to what my old truck was doing, try cap and rotor, if that doesnt work (bear with me i'm no mechanic) there is a shaft that goes down from your rotor to a distributor gear, this turned out to be my problem, it ended up getting to the point once the truck died, it would start unless i turned the rotor, and finally a shop i took it to figured out the problem

JJs450r
04-05-2009, 01:39 PM
problem is 4th word in your paragraph :) haha jk i love all trucks sounds like what my old ranger would do and we changed the wires plugs and distributor and that seemed to have helped it out

extremeblastr
04-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
problem is 4th word in your paragraph :) haha jk i love all trucks sounds like what my old ranger would do and we changed the wires plugs and distributor and that seemed to have helped it out

whats wrong with a? :D

hondaking52
04-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
whats wrong with a? :D A is not a word....lol, jks