PDA

View Full Version : everyone needs to check out the new quad of the month

sc400ex_rider
04-04-2009, 05:46 PM
its sic
http://www.atvriders.com/qotm/quad-of-the-month-2009-04-red-black-250r-qotm-atv.html

gojk
04-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by sc400ex_rider
its sic
http://www.atvriders.com/qotm/quad-of-the-month-2009-04-red-black-250r-qotm-atv.html

I can see why it is QOTM, but it is too busy for me. I like simple designs.

stoopidbot
04-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by gojk
I can see why it is QOTM, but it is too busy for me. I like simple designs. X2 sometimes less is more.

05LSR250R
04-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Theres already a thread in here that was started by the owner/builder of this awesome machine! Its titled "LUCRETIA"
Go check it out!

450rJam
04-05-2009, 07:17 AM
congrats, but in my opinion clean and simple look alot better

(whats up with the honda car emblem on the rad shroud?)

stoopidbot
04-05-2009, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by 450rJam
congrats, but in my opinion clean and simple look alot better

(whats up with the honda car emblem on the rad shroud?) I think that honda emblem looks pretty cool.

coryatver
04-05-2009, 08:05 AM
nice quad but its not for me

04-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Yeah it's a nice quad and he did a good job on it but like other people have said, it looks a little too busy and cluttered for me. I don't think it's as epic as everyone was making it out to be. Nice quad, though.

Aceman
04-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by 8686
Yeah it's a nice quad and he did a good job on it but like other people have said, it looks a little too busy and cluttered for me. I don't think it's as epic as everyone was making it out to be. Nice quad, though.

Yeah, I guess the fact he put too many stickers on for your guys' tastes takes away from the fact that he's put more time and energy into custom parts and attention to detail than most on this forum ever have.

:rolleyes:

stoopidbot
04-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Yeah, I guess the fact he put too many stickers on for your guys' tastes takes away from the fact that he's put more time and energy into custom parts and attention to detail than most on this forum ever have.

:rolleyes: I can care less if every single part on the quad was chiseled out by hand, it is too busy for our likings. No one ever said it was gay, all we said is we like simple. How cluttered it is takes away from everything.

450rJam
04-05-2009, 03:25 PM
are you saying our opinions are wrong ???

a car emblem is out of place on a quad, just like the
harley davidson truck ford put out, and the graphic kit
for an atv that has the big blue ford oval or the chevy truck one

I can respect the amout of work he put into it, but its just not my taste.

from the reply posts most are saying the same thing
(too busy, and not just stickers)

if you like it then good, hang a picture on your wall, but dont feel like you need to defend his quad

Aceman
04-05-2009, 04:08 PM
are you saying our opinions are wrong ???

No, you're right. I had an off moment there, and I agree that it is a bit "busy" for my tastes as well.

I'm just pointing out that everyone only seemed to notice the stickers, when there is a lot more to a quad then just the decals your putting on it IMO.

450rJam
04-05-2009, 04:28 PM
im the only one who said anything specific, and it wasnt about stickers (it was about the car emblem)

its all about what the owner of the quad wants

the builder of this 250r would prob. call my atv boring

stoopidbot
04-05-2009, 04:42 PM
I can appreciate an awesome machine when I see one, and that is an awesome machine. Just not our flavor.

BERT306
04-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by stoopidbot
I can appreciate an awesome machine when I see one, and that is an awesome machine. Just not our flavor.

+1

sc400ex_rider
04-05-2009, 06:36 PM
LOL THAT quad is awesome!!! It has tons of goodies and custom parts. usually around here everybody is in competition to see who can screw and glue the most crap to there quad. this guy has done it very tastefully......and blown everything else out the water. envy is a powerful emotion eyh? its sad some people have to be so negative. instead of appreciating the long hours of hard work to just belittle it. i guess none of you guys would take it if he gave it to you hun? LOL YA RIGHT.

ITS NOT TO BUSY YOUR TO SLOW

05LSR250R
04-05-2009, 06:41 PM
I think a moderator needs to move this to the open forum!
I'm already sick of the debate and its startin' to remind me of the open forum!
:(

04-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by sc400ex_rider
LOL THAT quad is awesome!!! It has tons of goodies and custom parts. usually around here everybody is in competition to see who can screw and glue the most crap to there quad. this guy has done it very tastefully......and blown everything else out the water. envy is a powerful emotion eyh? its sad some people have to be so negative. instead of appreciating the long hours of hard work to just belittle it. i guess none of you guys would take it if he gave it to you hun? LOL YA RIGHT.

ITS NOT TO BUSY YOUR TO SLOW

All we did was state our opinion that the quad was a little over the top for our tastes. I don't envy what he did with that 250R at all. Honda car emlems on a quad? Umm...no. Oh and about the "goodies and custom parts" crap, this quad doesn't have any more than many other quads on this forum. In fact, the suspension is rather lacking if you ask me. Now see, I race motocross, so suspension is rather important to me. Are you going to talk crap to me because that is my opinion? I hope not. And besides the "custom radiator overflow bottle location" and "Custom stainless Honda "H's", what is custom on this quad? Haha! I wouldn't build a quad like this. More or less, that's all we're trying to say. We didn't belittle his time or efforts. We can appreciate that. In the end, we all ride 250R's.

Honda 250r 001
04-05-2009, 11:17 PM
this bike is freckin beautiful. nice job man. I would never want to ride it on anyhting other than pavement. Dam that would take forever to get clean. Great job.

pdxbigfoot
04-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Sorry i was out in the garage doing something constructive and custom.
I guess all i really have to say is...
1) this is my FIRST build and i have learned alot along the way. The next build will be wicked, wicked wicked!!!
2)I love the way it turned out and will not lose a wink of sleep wondering if people like my build (i think a few did)
3)Up next is a CUSTOM chassis with a better suspension set up as well (your right 8686)
4)I think its good to "think outside the box" so to speak.
How many Wiseco and DG stickers can you have on your shrouds? How many mass produced genaric graphic kits do ya see??
Their all a dime a dozen and i can cruise through page after page of the cookie cutter R's that all look the same..........ZZZZZZZ
(im running Fourwerx carbon shrouds now)

I dont do things conventionally in anything i do, never have and never will.
Just wait till you see what transpires when i start with a new chassis.
Im going to head back to the shop to go MAKE something...
Jason

wilkin250r
04-06-2009, 03:10 AM
Out of respect for the builder and the time he put into this build, I edited some of the more offensive posts. To those involved, consider yourselves to be on my chit-list.

As for my opinion on the quad, it' is very difficult to get a "simple" look and still have your quad stand out and highlight all the effort involved. Too often, the "simple" look just ends up looking like a lot of money, and no effort, no originality.

Hard work usually results in a lot of custom pieces, I can't fault anybody for that. The quad looks awesome.

Fear250r
04-06-2009, 05:21 AM
Didn't your mother ever say to you, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all? If it's not your style, well, who cares? You're more than welcome to put your quad together the way you like it. Pdx spent a lot of time on his R only to come on and see you guys bashing it? It's ridiculous. I do understand how some people just like to see themselves talk or build up their post count, but I just can't understand bashing a fellow R guy. C'mon guys.

04-06-2009, 06:47 AM
This is one unique quad and I bet his next build will be pretty sweet, too. Nice job.

450rJam
04-06-2009, 02:48 PM
why are so many of you wearing your feelings on your sleeve?

no quad is going to be perfect or to the liking of everyone
or we would all be riding the same thing

isnt it obvious that enough people found it to be cool that it won quad of the month ?

I dont think anyone has "bashed" his R

it shows alot of work and that in itself gets the quad respect

no need to cry about it, it is what it is

stoopidbot
04-06-2009, 04:15 PM
why are so many of you wearing your feelings on your sleeve?

no quad is going to be perfect or to the liking of everyone
or we would all be riding the same thing

isnt it obvious that enough people found it to be cool that it won quad of the month ?

I dont think anyone has "bashed" his R

it shows alot of work and that in itself gets the quad respect

no need to cry about it, it is what it is AMEN BROTHER!!!

troybilt
04-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Well I love it!!!!! One of my favorites. I'll be stealing some ideas from it as well. I like seeing stock framed bikes on here as well, which is still one of the best designs => ever!

Nice work, and perfect attention to detail.

How do you like the exhaust? Looks sweet.

78250r
01-09-2010, 06:43 PM
hey pdx you could come help me with mine

78250r
01-09-2010, 06:43 PM

78250r
01-09-2010, 06:50 PM