PDA

View Full Version : broken swingarm on 07 drr 50

mbiigambler
04-04-2009, 05:38 PM
My 6 year broke the swingerarm today. He's only about 40lbs, but rides pretty hard, no jumping involved.

Is this a common problem on the 50's? What swingarm's will work on the drr 50, same as the drr90's?? What other models will work?

Thanks

aimo007
04-04-2009, 06:23 PM
I know that if you dont leave chain loose enought it will bend upward dont know how common but it has happen to me . I just bought an apex swing arm of ebay for 75 bucks not as long as drr90 but it is square type.

aimo007
04-04-2009, 06:26 PM
that was brand new

mbiigambler
04-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the reply. Ours broke, it snapped on the round part where the bolt goes throught the swing arm.

hotquads1
04-04-2009, 09:03 PM
I assume you have the old style round tube swing-arm, the 09' 50cc come with the same swingarm as a drr 90cc, it is square tube design and holds up much better than the round tube style. We have been suggesting to customers to upgrade to the new style , well worth the effort. We have them in stock as I am sure most reputable dealers do. you can also upgrade to an aftermarket "DC" or similar , but would be much more costly.
marc

TeamNeilson
04-05-2009, 08:48 AM
I agree with Marc. Grab a square tube one from the '09 and you should be all set.

The one on my eton broke at the shock mount, and the one on our DRR bent in a U shape right at the bottom shock mount..

The square tube ones show dramatically more potential than the round tube ones, and they have some extra gusseting. I saw them in action last year with a very aggressive rider and it held up well.

Oh, if you get it from Marc, also get his sweet chain rub guard that goes around the pivot tube, WELL worth the investment.

bulldogfallon
04-05-2009, 09:03 AM
If you do select the square style swinger you will also require:

New bushings (2)
New Chain Tensioner
New Chain

Bending the shorter swingarm on your year 50 is uncommon, so you could replace it with a stocker, but the square tube version sure is a nice piece.

Good Luck