PDA

View Full Version : Great places to ride in the Midwest?

TRXRacer1
04-04-2009, 04:12 PM
What are some great places to spend a couple days camping and riding in the midwest? I'm looking for something new to try out within 12 hrs of Milwaukee. The higher the skill level the better, I love a challenge.

veddersbetter
04-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Most popular are the Badlands in Attica IN..St Joes State Park in Farmington MO. Or there is a TON of trails in WI...right next to you.
What kind of terrain are you looking for?

FWIW...
St Joes State Park in Missouri has excellent camping facilities. Badlands as far as I know isnt the greatest (never camped there)

TRXRacer1
04-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Looking for Haspin Acres type of riding. That deep woods gnarly challenging stuff. The type of park you can really get into some remote areas if you try. The type of place that if you go into deep enough you'll find some spots that will force you to get out of your comfort zone.

Badlands is fun but you aren't going to get lost out there if you know what I mean. I can say from first hand experience the camping is good there too but nothing spectacular. The shower houses are nice and they have full hook-ups if you need them. Far cleaner then Haspin.

Never been to St. Joes. Heard about it but don't know much about it. The info I find on line makes me think it's not big enough to spend a few days exploring but I could be wrong.

I've done a lot of trails in WI and there are some really nice ones. There's a lot of good towns and places to camp. I like taking big groups out on state trails but I'm looking for more of an adventure then groomed trails.

I've also done Fox Valley, Cliffs Insane Terrain and Rocky Glen but they're more day trip spots and Cliffs is the only one out of that group that has a couple fun challenges.

mod440ex
04-07-2009, 07:16 AM
chadwick in south central mo is awesome. it has camping,showers, and alot of trails to get lost on.maybe a little farther but its like 1500 acres or so.

cdalefixr
04-12-2009, 02:21 PM
semor mo lots of hill climbs, rocks and i did get lost

TRXRacer1
04-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Got anymore info on Seymour? I can't find anything.

sparks1032
05-11-2009, 08:11 AM
U guys every go over memorial day weekend? I have two very young riders and I am hearing that it is crazy at the badlands over that weekends like 300-500 people

By the way the Cliffs will be a challenge anytime you go!