PDA

View Full Version : spark plug for a '00 400ex??

mikeskickinit
04-04-2009, 02:14 PM
I had just bought a 2000 400ex last weekend and want to go through all the small mechanical things etc..What things should I look at and or change out? I plan on doing the spark plug, draining the oil & gas & new air filter.

What else should I perhaps change and or look for??

last question..What is the correct spark plug to run in a 2000 400ex?? I've been searching the internet and people didn't seem to be sure..is it the NGK DPR8z?

Young_Gun1
04-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Pull the swingarm pivot bolt out and grease or anti-seize
check bearings for play

and yes that is the right plug for a stock machine

f4istunna
04-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Good idea to go over all the nuts/bolts too to make sure they are tight. I had a balljoint pop out of a spindle once the day i brought a banshee home within a cpl hours of riding because the nut vibrated off. I always check over all the bolts now.

Other than that you got it covered. Fresh gas, oil, filters and plug. Might want to do a compression check too just to know where your at.

bobizzle
05-05-2009, 09:07 AM
when i purchased my 300, i took all plastics off and put marine grease on bolts, nuts, berring, andthing else that might get wet and dirty and hard to get to. check brakes and rotors. i took apart carberator and cleaned a little out of it. pretty clean for the most part. change oil, spark plug, air filter. check the rear end berrings to see if they are shot, or still good. take a paper towel and clean any dirt or debris out of air box. i also drained gas out of tank and made sure it was clean. my dad purchased a bike, and it had water in it from the previous owner. rusted his fuel guage and dirtied carb. better to be safe than sorry.