PDA

View Full Version : Yfz 450r Xc?

jakesteak26
04-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Hello. can ANYONE help me? Iam buyin the new YFZ 450, and am planning to run GNCC races wuth it. This will be my FIRST time racing in the GNCC series.
My question is. . . With limited budget, will I do ok even tho the bike is 49" wide? And when I do plan to buy aftermarket parts, WHO should I go with for A-arms/ axles etc.?
Wher is the BEST place to start on buy bike for the money?
OBVIOUSLY tires and wheels w/ bead locks, but what else can I do?
ANY help would be MUCH APPRECIATED!!

I can also be reached at

jakeholliday@earthlink.net

Thank you for your help!

400exrider69
04-04-2009, 02:38 PM
A-ams houser if they have them for the r's i'd look for an rpm axle I'd look at buying used beadlocks with tires on them instead of buying new stuff is so cheap right now
and i'd probly get a pipe and a programmer like an hmf imo

coryatver
04-04-2009, 03:02 PM
i am e-mailing you since my post got deleted

tedwilley
04-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Teixeira Tech has new xc arms and new mx arms for the yfzr.
Top notch products!

jakesteak26
04-05-2009, 04:15 AM
Hey thanks! I realize that the new R is a bit too wide, but from the power and performance standpoint, from what i've been reading it is a better machine then the old YFZ.

As for used beadlocks/ tires etc. WHERE is a good place to look for them? Feel free to e-mail me at jakeholliday@earthlink. net

Again, THANX!

nicker71
04-05-2009, 12:47 PM
I wait a few years before buying the new yfzr, ther're not proven yet, You will need more parts to covert to XC and its going to cost a lot more. And when you break something its going to cost more because the used market isnt available yet like the older yfz. When its all said and done how much difference is a xc built YFZR going to be over a YFZ???? Not enough to make a difference. Just my $.02

But I would check into Gt thunder for the parts your looking for. Its seems that they offer alot of good stuff the new YFZR.

jakesteak26
04-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Yea I checked out GT Thunder on line 2day, They seem like the place to go. That an there only about an hr and a half from where i live too!
As for the old yfz, your proly right.the $$ I'd save buyin the old on would get me some great aftermarket stuff!:D