PDA

View Full Version : New Yfz 450r Gncc

jakesteak26
04-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Hey there! Iam buyin the new YFZ 450R and am planning on racing it in the GNCC series. My question is.. How bad of an idea is it to leave it in the stock 49" wide form? I plan on doing a XC type set up but money's a little tight right now.
Does anyone know of a good aftermarket Co. that supplies XC axles/ A-arms? This will be my FIRST year racing, and would GREATLY APPRECIATE any help in setting up my new bike!

Thanks! P.S I can be reached at the e-mail below.

jakeholliday@earthlink.net

coryatver
04-04-2009, 09:27 AM
check out the link it has everything you need. I would definitly NOT race it stock width. It is way to wide especially for a beginner you will be so frustrated from crashing and getting hung up on stuff and people will be pissed when you are clogging up the trail. It is going to cost a lot of money to set it up for XC at least a couple thousand but for a full XC setup you are looking at probley around 5,000 in extras.

I would really recommend buying the standard YFZ they are awesome for XC most of the pros racing yamaha's in gncc still are racing the standard one. You don't need to get a-arms or axle just send your shocks to get revalved and you will have one of the best XC quads you can get.

http://gtthunder.com/YFZ4501/2009YFZ450R.htm

Johnny Minehan
12-12-2009, 09:52 PM
I am looking to sell my YFZR GT Thunder A Arms, they have 5 races on them, still work awesome, and set you back to 46.5 inches. Let me know what you think.